Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False? Mayweather has fought the #1 Guy At Every Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has fought "champions" in each division. Whether they were actually "the best" is up for debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      I actually met floyd and sat next to gatti on the plane home when ODH fought BHop. Floyd said the plan was to fight Gatti. Gatti said the same. They had a long range plan to meet each other to maximize profit. Floyd and Kosta should have gotten it on after the Gatti fight.

SO when floyd is begging all the best guys to fight, its a PR stunt. Is that why they turned him down? or was it because floyd was too much risk no reward back then?
      Tyszu turned Floyd down? I dont even believe they negotiated a fight. Well Hatton had already beat Tyszu by the time Floyd fought Gatti so they couldn't really fight then. Floyd went after Gatti first because he was a bigger draw and an easier fight.

Im just saying public call outs don't mean a lot.

Comment

That is false.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Im not sure if its a benefit to him to just so happen to have weak champs to fight at those points in time. Its good in the sense he can win a belt, but historically for his legacy wise im not too sure it helps him in anyway.

I mean Gatti at 140 isnt the hardest fight ever is it? Hatton would have been better on his resume at 140 but Pac got that one.
          Read the fcking thread Hugh, I left out 140 in my original thread post.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            Huh? Hatton landed the Tzyu fight instead of Floyd. This is surprising to you?

Hmm...for my last fight- fight for millions in Manchester or fight for a million in a 7000 seat arena?
            What do you mean Hatton landed it instead of Mayweather? So Tyszu turned down Mayweather?

Uh no, Mayweather chose to go after Gatti because why fight Tsyzu when you can fight Gatti for more money. And oh Gatti is a shopworn face first brawler btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              What do you mean Hatton landed it instead of Mayweather? So Tyszu turned down Mayweather?

Uh no, Mayweather chose to go after Gatti because why fight Tsyzu when you can fight Gatti for more money. And oh Gatti is a shopworn face first brawler btw.
              What re you on about today? Is it your agenda to come into every thread moaning and crying

I left out 140 because I admit he never fought the best there. So why would you even bring it up? It's not part of the topic.

Comment

Although he's ranked #1 at 154, I don't believe Cotto is the best there. But yes, Mayweather will have fought the #1 guy at every weight class he's campaigned in when he beats Cotto.

It's a pretty good paper accomplishment. He can top it off by going to 160 and fighting the Champion Sergio Martinez to make it 6 Champions/#1 ranked fighters in 6 weight classes.

For starters I would have Lara and Williams both beating Cotto at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  What re you on about today? Is it your agenda to come into every thread moaning and crying

I left out 140 because I admit he never fought the best there. So why would you even bring it up? It's not part of the topic.
                  What am I on about? I was responding to what you said in your post....?

If you're incapable of responding, just say so. No need to start deflecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Tyszu turned Floyd down? I dont even believe they negotiated a fight. Well Hatton had already beat Tyszu by the time Floyd fought Gatti so they couldn't really fight then. Floyd went after Gatti first because he was a bigger draw and an easier fight.

Im just saying public call outs don't mean a lot.
                    No they didn't negotiate a fight. floyd's team and gatti's team had a two year plan in place to build their fight up. Afterwhich the winner would be next for Kosta, who was the man at 140. Kosta's loss was a huge upset. SO plans had to be reset.

Public callouts can be PR stunts. But sometimes, like Floyd Kosta, they are used to spark interest in a fight that managers/promoters have already set up down the road. Of course you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                      And who at 140 was there for him to fight.

They all didn't want none:

Hatton
                      Cotto

all ducked him at 140.
                      hahaha he fought hatton and not cotto for a reason, hatton didnt want none of cotto either at the time so it makes sense that mayweather and hatton would fight each other then.

for the record floyd beats cotto now.

Comment

Working...
                      X