Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: If Kirkland Wants Martinez, We'll Do it Any Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

martinez is trash who has problems with volume punchers who can take his shot. margarito ko'd him. Williams outworked him.............theres more then one way to beat martinez. in fact there are about 5 ways, you just have to have the quality guy to do it. & macklin isn't quality...........

martinez can be outboxed & pressured. I will bet all of my points that martinez gets ko'd against kirkland. martinez will pop kirkland good but would be shocked at the bull thats in kirkland. kirkland will be taking martinez's bombs & dishing out great punishment while backing him up.....martinez will be moving exhausted. i don't want to relish on this fight for too long on boxingscene.com because it's a fight that you must see in the ring to see what I'm talking about. kirkland with wolf is no mathew micklin. I WILL NOT ARGUE THIS WITH ANY BOXINGSCENE NERD because I can only tell you that it is a fight that you MUST see in the ring to know what I'm talking about. on paper it looks so completely different then what the actual fight will look like (just like the macklin fight)

also if martinez doesn't fight kirkland at 154 there is no fight. ann wants to keep kirkland at 154 because he takes punches much better at that weight & she can break his body into a machine @ that weight. how can you fight cotto or mayweather at 154 but not kirkland? didn't they say martinez wasn't really a middleweight? if you say no to kirkland @ 154 you are basically saying no to the fight.

this is what i hate about team martinez.......LYING & being very inconsistent. they said that martinezs natural weight was 154. & now their saying they don't want to fight kirkland at 154? what a pack of clowns.
    Last edited by americanbot; 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SelectOne View Post
      kirkland gets iced within two rounds macklin would destroy kirkland
      macklin gets ko'd in the 1st round...........he's trash. martinez is just highly overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
        . how can you fight cotto or mayweather at 154 but not kirkland?
        I know you're ******ed but surely not THIS ******ed?

Comment

martinez is trash who has problems with volume punchers who can take his shot. margarito ko'd him. Williams outworked him.............theres more then one way to beat martinez. in fact there are about 5 ways, you just have to have the quality guy to do it. & macklin isn't quality...........

martinez can be outboxed & pressured. I will bet all of my points that martinez gets ko'd against kirkland. martinez will pop kirkland good but would be shocked at the bull thats in kirkland. kirkland will be taking martinez's bombs & dishing out great punishment while backing him up.....martinez will be moving exhausted. i don't want to relish on this fight for too long on boxingscene.com because it's a fight that you must see in the ring to see what I'm talking about. kirkland with wolf is no mathew micklin. I WILL NOT ARGUE THIS WITH ANY BOXINGSCENE NERD because I can only tell you that it is a fight that you MUST see in the ring to know what I'm talking about. on paper it looks so completely different then what the actual fight will look like (just like the macklin fight)

also if martinez doesn't fight kirkland at 154 there is no fight. ann wants to keep kirkland at 154 because he takes punches much better at that weight & she can break his body into a machine @ that weight. how can you fight cotto or mayweather at 154 but not kirkland? didn't they say martinez wasn't really a middleweight? if you say no to kirkland @ 154 you are basically saying no to the fight.

this is what i hate about team martinez.......LYING & being very inconsistent. they said that martinezs natural weight was 154. & now their saying they don't want to fight kirkland at 154? what a pack of clowns.
          I just slid some green your way.

I know what you mean brother, I know what you mean.

Comment

Why wouldn't Martinez fight Kirkland at 154, but fight Mayweather and Pac?

Martinez is a small 154 lb'er.

For a lack of better words, this is some major bullsh it going on in boxing right now.

Everytime I turn around, people can't agree on weights.

You guys know who started these silly ass weight disagreements right? Team freaking Pac, that's who.

They're ideaology is like a cancer spreading across boxing. Everyone is trying to benefit from it now.

Ever since those catchweight fights, weight has been the main concern for fights not happening lately.

Comment

I like Kirkland, but I would not throw him in with Martinez yet. Kirkland is a pressure fighter but Martinez seems to have some nice pop to his long punches. I doubt Kirkland puts similar pressure as Paul Williams in terms of volume. So, I can see Martinez taking Kirkland into the later rounds and start cathcing him when he starts over extending his punches to reach Martinez.
              I would really like to see Kirkland vs Alvarez, that has some serious potential..

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                NEW YORK — Lou DiBella fielded questions about matching Sergio Martinez against virtually every champion or top contender at 154, 160 and 168 pounds in the aftermath of Martinez’s technical knockout win against Matthew Macklin.

[Click Here To Read More]
                Kirkland's area distruction code is 154....come halla or STFU...stay in your lane at 160 and fight a bunch of Euros that nobody know and risk being beat by Joe Blow or come down to the gutter and fight some hungry lions ...j/k....I respect Sergio and I think its right that he's chasing the money....and I think he'll beat Kirkland or ANYBODY from 154-160....that was my Sergio slogan a long time ago...vets on here might remember that lol....but still, Kirkland's office is at 154...I guess this fight aint happening!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  I know you're ******ed but surely not THIS ******ed?
                  team martinez "he's a natural 154 pounder"

team martinez "kirkland will have to move up to 160"

wtf

according to the morons on this site martinez isn't a real middleweight & he's best at 154. so why doesn't he move back down to 154?

Comment

I agree with the double standard with him saying that Martinez is a small middleweight and 154 is his best weight, then not wanting to fight Kirkland there all the sudden. I don't see where the weight is going to make much of a difference. The biggest difference is that both guys wouldn't have to drain themselves as much. Actually, the higher weight class might even server Kirkland a little more, since he doesn't have a chin at 154. In either weight class, I doubt that Kirkland will see anything beyond round 3. To be totally honest, I highly doubt that Kirkland will see the second half of round 1.

Comment

team martinez "he's a natural 154 pounder"

team martinez "kirkland will have to move up to 160"

wtf

according to the morons on this site martinez isn't a real middleweight & he's best at 154. so why doesn't he move back down to 154?
                      I get where you are coming from. I don't think the weight is going to make much of a difference. But on the other hand, if the fight happened at 154, Martinez wouldn't have to eat those extra helpings of steak and potatoes on the day of the weigh in to get his weight up and end up making him sluggish on the day of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X