No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: If Kirkland Wants Martinez, We'll Do it Any Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    I'd still rather see Kirkland-Alvarez and Martinez-Lara. Lara, who whupped Williams, has said numerous times that he'd be more then willing to fight Martinez at 160.

I still want to see Kirkland-Alvarez and the winner fight Floyd. Probably just because I want to see Kirkland-Floyd so much.

On a side note, can't wait for Kirkland-Molina this weekend. Kirkland is just a different guy with Anne. I know he went down from a right hand against Angulo, but he got up and stayed in there. Weathered the storm and whupped Angulo's a$$. You can say "Angulo gassed" but Kirkland still had to survive that round and than turn the tide at the end of the round. Oh and he was in Angulo's backyard, and Alfredo was easily one of the most feared fighters in boxing at that time.

Kirkland-Sergio is just a bad match up of styles for Kirkland. I love how Sergio has absolutely zero interest in fighting Erislandy Lara, who whupped Williams.
    Without Anne Kirkland doesn't get up from that punch and how much of a chance do you give Lara to beat Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
      Without Anne Kirkland doesn't get up from that punch and how much of a chance do you give Lara to beat Martinez
      A fairly good one. Can you imagine Sergio fighting that hands down style against Lara, who is a tremendous counter puncher with good speed??? I can't.

I think Lara could beat Sergio.

Kirkland is a different man with Anne. He got dropped by Angulo, got up and weathered the storm, and whupped Angulo's a$$. He showed me a lot in that fight.

Comment

That would be a good scrap but I think Martinez would dance circles around the kid and another KO in the late rounds for Maravilla. Kirkland would definitely give him all he could handle in the early rounds unless Martinez catches him with a PWill type KO punch early. Hope this fight happens.

Comment

kirkland support to fight Canelo........put Canelo with Kirkland after he beat Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            kirkland and alvarez would be a cant miss fight in terms of action

lara has certainly earned his stripes at this stage, but he and williams would probably make for a boring fight

two counterpunchers, southpaws, and two guys not used to fighting a guy who can deal with the speed.

i think they'd look at eachother all night and martinez would dance around the ring once in a while
            I think you meant Martinez here but I was about to say the same thing, that fight would probably be boring for the casual fan and we don't need any more "boring" labels. Id like to see Lara vs any of those guys except Martinez, just cause people would complain about the "snoozefest" but personally I don't mind it. Same as for Martinez, him vs any of those guys.

Comment

Kirkland will has major issues with Molina but has a good chance of a W this Saturday, but if he fought Sergio.. Kirkland would get KTFO by Maravilla at 154 or 160.
              Last edited by fceeviper; 03-20-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

martinez would end kirklands life

Comment

Latest I heard, SM would fight Floyd at a catch weight 150, but in this article JK would have to come up to 160 to fight SM. All about the money.

Here's link to bag that up (http://www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=31202&more=1)

James is a pressure fighter and leaves himself wide open when coming in. SM will set traps for James and catch him. Have to see how he does in his up and coming fight this Sat play out. SM fights the same way. I would pick the slick, fast and powerful Lara over James.

Comment

Originally posted by 4cornerskid View Post
                    a fairly good one. Can you imagine sergio fighting that hands down style against lara, who is a tremendous counter puncher with good speed??? I can't.

I think lara could beat sergio.

Kirkland is a different man with anne. He got dropped by angulo, got up and weathered the storm, and whupped angulo's a$$. He showed me a lot in that fight.
                    kind of agree. Lara is good.

Comment

kirkland gets iced within two rounds macklin would destroy kirkland

Comment

Working...
                      X