No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux to take on Kennedy on Pacquiao – Bradley card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    No, he picked Cotto at 147 lbs. Bradley is actually a better pick if he wasn't going to fight Cotto at 150-154.

So you think that Donaire wants to fight Rigondeaux???
    Idk or care..... As long as he fights him b4 he hits 126..... Or whoever is #1 at 22
    Last edited by MJ223; 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Idk or care..... As long as he fights him b4 he hits 126
      It won't happen. Oh well. We can agree to disagree on Donaire and Rigondeaux man. Hey, at least we both like Ray????

Comment

Facts is hard to deal with for Rigo fans I see.....

Anybody in the 22 top ten..... Personally was hoping for at least Rafa next for Rigo..... If not Rafa then there are plenty of options at 122 he could request..... I'm not the only one who seen the Cordoba performance...... It's hard to believe off that performance everybody in or around Rigos weight is scared of him
        Fact: Donaire is a star; Rigo isn't.

Fact: Donaire gets to call more shots than Rigo.

Fact: Guillermo wants to fight Donaire. Nonito's reply: "I won't fight him. Rigondeaux is too boring."

Fact: "El Chacal" can request all he wants; he's fighting who Top Rank allows him to fight.

Fact: Same goes for Nonito, only less so.

Fear isn't the issue. I never implied that anyone is "afraid" of Rigo. The fact is, Rigondeaux is not enough of a draw, and too good, for a big name to unnecessarily risk fighting him.

If Guillermo's options are so limited that he has to fight someone like Teon Kennedy, you're going to blame him?

Comment

We can agree to disagree on Donaire and Rigondeaux man. Hey, at least we both like Ray????
          That makes three of us! lol

Comment

Well if you go by your divisional rankings so much, than isn't Rico Ramos ranked higher than WV2???? Ramos best win= Shimoda. Vazquez Jr's best win=Sonsona?????

Both have crappy opposition for their next fight. But, comparing who each fight isn't really the same. It's like comparing who Lara fights to who Cotto fights. Cotto will always get the option to fight someone before Erislandy Lara will. Just like Top Rank will always give Donaire the option to fight someone before Guillermo Rigondeaux.

How can Rigo fight people that don't want to fight him, or people that Top Rank won't match him with???
            Cotto= free agent

Pac= TR
            Donaire=TR
            Lara=TR

And thanks for answering my ? about speculation...... But I will continue to answer urs......

Who was rated higher b4 they got beat??? Off the top of my head wasn't WV2 rated about 2nd or 3rd about the same as Ramos even though Ramos topped out at about 3rd or 4th (if I'm wrong no biggie like I said off the top of my head)..... But watching them both in their biggest fights u can't tell me u think Ramos is better then WV2 or would u disagree???

Comment

It won't happen. Oh well. We can agree to disagree on Donaire and Rigondeaux man. Hey, at least we both like Ray????
              Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              That makes three of us! lol
              That's what's up..... I actually enjoy debating both of u guys though......

Comment

Another excellent fight on this years BIGGEST EVENT!! This is about to blow up once Cotto get done with cherryfloyd. This will be the fight of the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  If Guillermo's options are so limited that he has to fight someone like Teon Kennedy, you're going to blame him?
                  Just comparing him to his contemporary.......

Comment

Lara=TR
                    This right here sir, makes all your points invalid. Last I checked Lara was with GBP. I think, you're being a little blinded here by your likings of Donaire. You're holding Rigo to same standards as Donaire? Why? Rigo is a fighter with 9 pro bouts, Donaire is a fighter with 29 (aroundish) pro bouts and they are fighting same level opposition yet somehow Donaire is ranked P4P. Would you throw him (Rigo) or any boxer that you're trying to build up to the lions right away? Check ANY boxer's early career and tell me who has faced TOP NOTCH opposition. I actually like what they are doing with Rigo, this would be his 2nd PPV appearance I just hope he doesn't "bore" the people watching. He doesn't bore me cause in the end the finishing move is always rewarding. I just have patience. The Ramos fight should've been on PPV tho not the Kennedy fight.

Comment

I'm just glad to see he's getting back in the ring soon and not just waiting around to get a big fight. He needs to stay busy not because he needs the experience but so he can get some exposure and hopefully look good while doing so. Its going to be hard to get big fights as long as he is considered an unknown, especially when bob is promoting Donaire as well.
                      This should be a fight were he can show case his skills at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X