No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux to take on Kennedy on Pacquiao – Bradley card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Every one of Donaires opponents recently has been an ex-titlest at some point..... Who the f#ck is TK??? If Donaire was to fight him next how would u or Rigo fans react??? But since it's Rigo it's ok..... Yes I noticed u said it was a ***** fight but him and his fans can't talk at all about any old or new opponents if Rigo signs up for this BS...... VT, Mijares, Arce and Narvaez are all better then TK
    Bro, the difference is that Nonito has his pick. Rigo doesn't. Guillermo is clamoring for a big fight. He would love to fight Donaire. What has Nonito said? "Rigondeaux is boring." You can't hold Rigo to the same standard as Donaire. If Nonito fought Kennedy it would be a joke, because everyone wants a piece of Donaire. Guillermo is fighting Teon because he hasn't much choice. I'm certain that if Nishioka or Arce wanted some, they could get some....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Bro, the difference is that Nonito has his pick. Rigo doesn't. Guillermo is clamoring for a big fight. He would love to fight Donaire. What has Nonito said? "Rigondeaux is boring." You can't hold Rigo to the same standard as Donaire. If Nonito fought Kennedy it would be a joke, because everyone wants a piece of Donaire. Guillermo is fighting Teon because he hasn't much choice. I'm certain that if Nishioka or Arce wanted some, they could get some....
      This^^^^^^^ People don't seem to understand that Nonito has his say in who he fights, he has an entire division to select from. Rigondeaux would fight anyone, but how can he make fights with guys that don't want to fight him, or that Bob Arum is unwilling to match him with??? Bob Arum won't let Rigo fight someone like Nishioka or Arce until Donaire is out of the division, period. You can book that. Because of Bob matched Rigo with Arce or Nishioka, and than Rigo beat them, the pressure is on for him to make a Donaire-Rigondeaux fight, and he knows that.

Rigo didn't go to Bob and demand a fight with Teon Kennedy, my god. I think it's more of Bob not wanting to match Rigo with a Top SBW like Nishioka or Arce right now, because then he has to make Donaire-Rigo or look terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        I agree. But, how can Rigo fight guys that are unwilling to fight him or that Bob Arum is unwilling to match him against, at least until Nonito is out of the division??? Do you really think Rigo went to Arum or Todd and was like "Get me Teon Kennedy".....F**K NO.
        lmao

No shit. SMH

Comment

I agree. But, how can Rigo fight guys that are unwilling to fight him or that Bob Arum is unwilling to match him against, at least until Nonito is out of the division??? Do you really think Rigo went to Arum or Todd and was like "Get me Teon Kennedy".....F**K NO.

I would have been prefectly cool with Nonito fighting Terrazas, Arce, or Nishioka....Mijares at 122 RIGHT NOW, not so much. Narvaez at 118.....not so much. WV2 for a SBW title.....not so much. WV2's only step up had been against Arce and he was TKO'd.

What will you say IF Nonito only ends up fighting Vazquez Jr, Mijares, and Terrazas/Arce at 122, than moves up???? It'll be disappointing to me at least. No Nishioka or Rigondeaux at 122????

Narvaez was still a crappy title defense at 118, there's no way around that one. He had no business fighting for titles at BW. Same goes Mijares at 122 right now. Mijares was good 4 years ago at Super Flyweight, hasn't done a damn thing in 4 years.

Montiel was a really good/great win. Narvaez was an alright win. Vazquez Jr was an ehhhh win. Mijares will be an ehhhh win. And then Arce would be a good win. Or Terrazas will be a pretty good win. Nishioka or Rigondeaux will be really good wins.
          Idk what Rigo went and told Arum that's all speculation on both me and ur part..... What I do know is TK is supposed to be Rigos next opponent which is laughable..... Especially when u try to downgrade Donaires opponents.....

Comment

This^^^^^^^ People don't seem to understand that Nonito has his say in who he fights, he has an entire division to select from. Rigondeaux would fight anyone, but how can he make fights with guys that don't want to fight him, or that Bob Arum is unwilling to match him with??? Bob Arum won't let Rigo fight someone like Nishioka or Arce until Donaire is out of the division, period. You can book that. Because of Bob matched Rigo with Arce or Nishioka, and than Rigo beat them, the pressure is on for him to make a Donaire-Rigondeaux fight, and he knows that.

Rigo didn't go to Bob and demand a fight with Teon Kennedy, my god. I think it's more of Bob not wanting to match Rigo with a Top SBW like Nishioka or Arce right now, because then he has to make Donaire-Rigo or look terrible.
            The truth.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Speculation...... Let's deal with facts.... He's fighting TK next..... That's all we have to go off of......

Comment

Idk what Rigo went and told Arum that's all speculation on both me and ur part..... What I do know is TK is supposed to be Rigos next opponent which is laughable..... Especially when u try to downgrade Donaires opponents.....
                whats funny is u making it seem like they are the same level of fighter. if they are the same level of fighter then why shouldnt they fight each other? both of their fights suck, but doniare is supposedly the higher rated fighter and each of his last three opponents were sub par for him. rigondeaux has 9 professional fights and most think he doesnt deserve a donaire shot yet, which might be true to some extent, but why then go and act like they are the same level of fighter? i hold rigo to a higher standard because i recognize that hes one of the best in the division, but if ur gonna hold him to that standard, why not have him fight donaire. thats the double standard i see.

Comment

So you think Rigo wanted to fight Teon Kennedy....Okay, your opinion. Not likely, but your opinion. Rigo-Ramos > Donaire-WV2, the fights that won them titles. Ramos and WV2 are about the same level of fighter, but at least Ramos won a title and Rigo took it from him. WV2 held a title without fighting anyone and then his first step up in class was against Arce and he was TKO'd. And then Donaire fights him for a vacant title??? And Donaire is in the Top 5 P4P, a whole different standard than someone like Rigo right now. At least Ramos had knocked out Shimoda to win his title, and then Rigo beat him. I knew Rigo would kill Ramos but it was a bit more legit than Donaire-WV2.

The point you can't seem to grasp is that comparing who Rigo fights to who Donaire fights is like comparing who Lara fights to who someone like Floyd Mayweather or Cotto fights. Mayweather and Cotto have their selection of who they can, entire weight classes. Donaire can fight anyone he wants to at 122 lbs. Rigo can't. He has to go with who Top Rank can get him, or who they are willing to match him with.

Rigo won't be able to fight a Nishioka or Arce until Donaire moves out of the division, and we can forget about Rigo and Donaire fighting, WON'T HAPPEN.

Comment

There are some things that can't be reasonably speculated on, like what exact words were spoken. But there are others that are fairly evident. Do you believe that if Rigo asked for Nishioka, Arce or Donaire he would get them? Arum is Guillermo's promoter. In theory, he's supposed to match Rigo with the best possible opponents. Of course, we all know it doesn't really work that way. Nonito is the star. Guillermo, despite being a champion, is a "contender" in actual practice.

Comment

Speculation...... Let's deal with facts.... He's fighting TK next..... That's all we have to go off of......
                      Speculation, huh? Okay, then...who do you say Rigondeaux should be fighting next?

Comment

Working...
                      X