No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux to take on Kennedy on Pacquiao – Bradley card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    whats funny is u making it seem like they are the same level of fighter. if they are the same level of fighter then why shouldnt they fight each other? both of their fights suck, but doniare is supposedly the higher rated fighter and each of his last three opponents were sub par for him. rigondeaux has 9 professional fights and most think he doesnt deserve a donaire shot yet, which might be true to some extent, but why then go and act like they are the same level of fighter? i hold rigo to a higher standard because i recognize that hes one of the best in the division, but if ur gonna hold him to that standard, why not have him fight donaire. thats the double standard i see.
    As a fan I want both Nishioka and Rigo to be on the hit list (would prefer Nishioka 1st)...... But to me for the Rigo fans it's funny how every one of Donaires opponents have been not good enough unless it Rigo or Nishioka but Rigo can fight anybody and it's ok..... That's what I find laughable.... And this P4P is just for debate what's important is divisional ratings and both men are at the top of 122 (Donaire,Rigo) but Rigo can fight TK but somehow if Donaire was to do it it would be a joke...... I don't understand it.....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      As a fan I want both Nishioka and Rigo to be on the hit list (would prefer Nishioka 1st)...... But to me for the Rigo fans it's funny how every one of Donaires opponents have been not good enough unless it Rigo or Nishioka but Rigo can fight anybody and it's ok..... That's what I find laughable.... And this P4P is just for debate what's important is divisional ratings and both men are at the top of 122 (Donaire,Rigo) but Rigo can fight TK but somehow if Donaire was to do it it would be a joke...... I don't understand it.....
      teon kennedy is a **** fight but so is just about every other fight at 122. its a division devoid of talent. that may change this year once mares and moreno move up but rite now, the only fighters worth anything are rigo, donaire, and nishi. anything else that happens in that division is a waste of time and that goes for every one of the top 3 fighters.

Comment

Whether or not you want to admit it, Donaire has the option to fight far more people than Rigondeaux does. If Donaire wasn't Top Rank, I guarantee you that Rigo wouldn't be fighting Teon Kennedy next.....

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
          So you think Rigo wanted to fight Teon Kennedy....Okay, your opinion. Not likely, but your opinion. Rigo-Ramos > Donaire-WV2, the fights that won them titles. Ramos and WV2 are about the same level of fighter, but at least Ramos won a title and Rigo took it from him. WV2 held a title without fighting anyone and then his first step up in class was against Arce and he was TKO'd. And then Donaire fights him for a vacant title??? And Donaire is in the Top 5 P4P, a whole different standard than someone like Rigo right now. At least Ramos had knocked out Shimoda to win his title, and then Rigo beat him. I knew Rigo would kill Ramos but it was a bit more legit than Donaire-WV2.

The point you can't seem to grasp is that comparing who Rigo fights to who Donaire fights is like comparing who Lara fights to who someone like Floyd Mayweather or Cotto fights. Mayweather and Cotto have their selection of who they can, entire weight classes. Donaire can fight anyone he wants to at 122 lbs. Rigo can't. He has to go with who Top Rank can get him, or who they are willing to match him with.

Rigo won't be able to fight a Nishioka or Arce until Donaire moves out of the division, and we can forget about Rigo and Donaire fighting, WON'T HAPPEN.
          WV2>Ramos

Divisional ratings>P4P ratings

Pac is the biggest cash cow at TR and I doubt he picked Bradley but that's who is up next..... I seriously doubt Pac "picked" Bradley but that's who's he fighting next.... If Pac can't "pick" what makes u think Doniare can???

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            Whether or not you want to admit it, Donaire has the option to fight far more people than Rigondeaux does. If Donaire wasn't Top Rank, I guarantee you that Rigo wouldn't be fighting Teon Kennedy next.....
            Answer 1 ?...... Fact or speculation???

Comment

Great shot for Rig. to get mainstream exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                There are some things that can't be reasonably speculated on, like what exact words were spoken. But there are others that are fairly evident. Do you believe that if Rigo asked for Nishioka, Arce or Donaire he would get them? Arum is Guillermo's promoter. In theory, he's supposed to match Rigo with the best possible opponents. Of course, we all know it doesn't really work that way. Nonito is the star. Guillermo, despite being a champion, is a "contender" in actual practice.
                Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Speculation, huh? Okay, then...who do you say Rigondeaux should be fighting next?
                Facts is hard to deal with for Rigo fans I see.....

Anybody in the 22 top ten..... Personally was hoping for at least Rafa next for Rigo..... If not Rafa then there are plenty of options at 122 he could request..... I'm not the only one who seen the Cordoba performance...... It's hard to believe off that performance everybody in or around Rigos weight is scared of him
                Last edited by MJ223; 03-14-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  teon kennedy is a **** fight but so is just about every other fight at 122. its a division devoid of talent. that may change this year once mares and moreno move up but rite now, the only fighters worth anything are rigo, donaire, and nishi. anything else that happens in that division is a waste of time and that goes for every one of the top 3 fighters.
                  Agree Demp.....

What I can't agree on is how Rigo fans s#!t on Donaires opponents when each and every one is better then TK...... Or would u disagree???

Comment

WV2>Ramos

Pac is the biggest cash cow at TR and I doubt he picked Bradley but that's who is up next..... I seriously doubt Pac "picked" Bradley but that's who's he fighting next.... If Pac can't "pick" what makes u think Doniare can???
                    No, he picked Cotto at 147 lbs. Bradley is actually a better pick if he wasn't going to fight Cotto at 150-154.

So you think that Donaire wants to fight Rigondeaux???

Comment

WV2>Ramos

Well if you go by your divisional rankings so much, than isn't Rico Ramos ranked higher than WV2???? Ramos best win= Shimoda. Vazquez Jr's best win=Sonsona?????

Both have crappy opposition for their next fight. But, comparing who each fight isn't really the same. It's like comparing who Lara fights to who Cotto fights. Cotto will always get the option to fight someone before Erislandy Lara will. Just like Top Rank will always give Donaire the option to fight someone before Guillermo Rigondeaux.

How can Rigo fight people that don't want to fight him, or people that Top Rank won't match him with???
                      Last edited by 4Corners; 03-14-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X