Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 28 years old. 6ft and 180lbs in great physical shape.. could calderon hurt me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
    I'd put money down that a guy like Guillermo Rigondeaux wouldn't just knock your ass out, he'd beat your ass THEN knock you out. Size and strength are nice, but that's not what boxing, or knocking someone out, is all about.
    Rigondeaux is a different animal, he can punch. He can hurt guys considerably bigger than him.

Comment

• ^^ your a idiot.. Sparring fights? are u serious? LMAO nice try there chump.

Comment

• i dont think people understand just how small ivan calderon is. He is the size of an average 12 year old boy. He is tiny
        Last edited by da_beast; 12-16-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          There's no blueprint in beating me. My only loss came against a HW when I was 130lbs. Sheer size beat me. Otherwise, no blueprint. 487(458 KO's) - 1 loss - 0 Draws.
          KEV - 487 tried, 1 succeeded

Comment

• Originally posted by da_beast View Post
            i dont think people understand just ho small ivan calderon is. He is the size of an average 12 year old boy. He is tiny
            Much respect to pro fighters but are people rating them too high on a Godlike level, no amount of skill is going to make him a hard enough puncher to hurt anyone bigger than your average 8th grader.

Comment

• this is him standing next to fuentes who is 5'6 and still below average height

http://beatsboxingmayhem.files.wordp...ra_ab1711.jpeg

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Much respect to pro fighters but are people rating them too high on a Godlike level, no amount of skill is going to make him a hard enough puncher to hurt anyone bigger than your average 8th grader.
                I guarantee you that 12 rounds of getting punched by Calderon, you would be KTFO. Either you don't punch at all and get tagged all night long, or countered so badly when you do punch and gas out and get punched the **** out.

Comment

• Originally posted by da_beast View Post
                  Having a discussion and my opinion is that the 1ft and 80lbs weight advantage is way too much... I have a few years of sparring behind me but no amateur or professional pedigree...

Also what about Mallignagi? I think he would UD me but I doubt he would KO me.. I think there is more chance of me KO'ing him than him KO'ing me as I think 4 stone is too much to give away to someone in good shape and with a decent boxing knowledge and fundamentals
                  If youve never been in the ring with a top pro you have no idea let alone against a world class pro. Those guys hit much harder than you would think and you would never see most of them coming. You'd get stopped most likely, but who knows, everyone is different.

Comment

• Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
                    KEV - 487 tried, 1 succeeded
                    I beat every man I faced. I avenged my lone loss with a KO 0:01 second into the first round of the rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronerGotHumped View Post
                      I guarantee you that 12 rounds of getting punched by Calderon, you would be KTFO. Either you don't punch at all and get tagged all night long, or countered so badly when you do punch and gas out and get punched the **** out.
                      I disagree, I could probably let him whack away at me for a couple rounds without him hurting me until I got my breath back and lose a wide UD.

This guy is tiny with small bones, he just can't generate that much force and would be punching upward reducing his force even more so.

Comment

Working...
                      X