Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 28 years old. 6ft and 180lbs in great physical shape.. could calderon hurt me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BronerGotHumped View Post
    I guarantee you that 12 rounds of getting punched by Calderon, you would be KTFO. Either you don't punch at all and get tagged all night long, or countered so badly when you do punch and gas out and get punched the **** out.
    i disagree. With the height weight and reach i have? my jabs giving him fits. Even if he is 5x faster than me. He is tiny. even if its just keeping him busy and i can throw that and the straight right when he is nowhere near in his range... Any fighter who understands range wins with these ridiculous physical advantages and that is why there is weight classes in boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by BronerGotHumped View Post
      I guarantee you that 12 rounds of getting punched by Calderon, you would be KTFO. Either you don't punch at all and get tagged all night long, or countered so badly when you do punch and gas out and get punched the **** out.
      Lol no he wouldn't. Like I said in my previous post in 2012, Calderon may force the stoppage on cuts and bruises, but he won't KTFO a 6' 180lbs guy.

You guys aren't even considering that Calderon will have to reach up to punch. He'd damn near have to hop for every punch unless OP fights short and crouches. If he fights tall, I can't see how Calderon would be able to put enough strength in his punches to "K him TFO". A man that short, no matter his skills, would have to sit down on his punches considerably and he won't be able to do that at all against a 6' man. I seriously think he'd have to jump just to reach to OP's face. He is 5' tall and his reach is 63".

Comment

• To da beast -

Your insecurities will not be strengthened by beating up on 100 lb guys. Your 80 lbs in weight could be too much for him to deal with, you would obviously have an immense advantage in size.

However, add just a few lbs to your opponent, if it's a truely skilled opponent, and you will be schooled and made to look the fool.

I used to eat big civilian 'know nothings' like you as an amuse' before the real work would start stepping in, being the small guy is easily rendered meaningless when true skill is involved against no skill.

Could you beat up a 100lb man though? Probably...........

Maybe for your next glorifying and ego building ficticious victory we could line you up against a 5'4, 165lb ******............Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 12-16-2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          If youve never been in the ring with a top pro you have no idea let alone against a world class pro. Those guys hit much harder than you would think and you would never see most of them coming. You'd get stopped most likely, but who knows, everyone is different.
          bro he is 5ft.. He has a 10 percent ko ratio at minimum weight.. Its called minimum weight for a reason. Im not for one second saying my skills are in anyway comparable to his. Just that he is the size of a 12 year old and skills or not 70lbs and 1ft against someone who has been about a gym for a few years is a massive disadvantage...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            I disagree, I could probably let him whack away at me for a couple rounds without him hurting me until I got my breath back and lose a wide UD.

This guy is tiny with small bones, he just can't generate that much force and would be punching upward reducing his force even more so.
            You beat me to it. But yeah, if you fight tall like the Klitschko's or Andy Lee, Calderon would have a hard time catching you cleanly at 6'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              To da beast -

Your insecurities will not be strengthened by beating up on 100 lb guys. Your 80 lbs in weight could be too much for him to deal with, you would obviously have an immense advantage in size.

However, add just a few lbs to your opponent, if it's a truely skilled opponent, and you will be schooled and made to look the fool.

I used to eat big civilian 'know nothings' like you as an amuse' before the real work would start stepping in, being the small guy is easily rendered meaningless when true skill is involved against no skill.

Could you beat up a 100lb man though? Probably...........
              Maybe for your next glorifying victory we could line you up against a 5'6, 185lb ******............Rockin'
              lol if you read the thread it was my friends who brought up the subject who are casual fans. I never said i would take any pride in fighting someone smaller than me but yet again this forum just goes and shows me the reasons i rarely post because no matter what you say someone is going to pick it up wrong and try and be a smart arse.

I have zero insecurities hence the reason i said in a previous post on this thread i wouldnt spar anyone who is 5ft as i woud feel its a liberty

My friends brought it up to me because i box if i thought a minimum weight would be able to hurt me.

Comment

• He will tired you out like you have never felt before. Your 80 pounds advantage will feel like you are carrying a 75 pound backpack. Then he will proceed to frustrate the **** out of you and make you quit out of embarrasment. This is what happened to me sparring with my old trainer Fito Ramos, a panamerican medal winner, an amateur with 300plus fights. I had like 50 pounds on him at the moment and had decent skills for an amateur and was a gym rat at the time.

Just wanted to give you an idea on how it would end up!

Comment

• If you couldn't beat up Calderon you should just hand in your man card. It would be like fighting a pre pubescent boy. What was he like 5'2 108 pounds or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by da_beast View Post
                    bro he is 5ft.. He has a 10 percent ko ratio at minimum weight.. Its called minimum weight for a reason. Im not for one second saying my skills are in anyway comparable to his. Just that he is the size of a 12 year old and skills or not 70lbs and 1ft against someone who has been about a gym for a few years is a massive disadvantage...

Red k sent

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      I disagree, I could probably let him whack away at me for a couple rounds without him hurting me until I got my breath back and lose a wide UD.

This guy is tiny with small bones, he just can't generate that much force and would be punching upward reducing his force even more so.
                      Originally posted by da_beast View Post
                      i disagree. With the height weight and reach i have? my jabs giving him fits. Even if he is 5x faster than me. He is tiny. even if its just keeping him busy and i can throw that and the straight right when he is nowhere near in his range... Any fighter who understands range wins with these ridiculous physical advantages and that is why there is weight classes in boxing
                      Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Lol no he wouldn't. Like I said in my previous post in 2012, Calderon may force the stoppage on cuts and bruises, but he won't KTFO a 6' 180lbs guy.

You guys aren't even considering that Calderon will have to reach up to punch. He'd damn near have to hop for every punch unless OP fights short and crouches. If he fights tall, I can't see how Calderon would be able to put enough strength in his punches to "K him TFO". A man that short, no matter his skills, would have to sit down on his punches considerably and he won't be able to do that at all against a 6' man. I seriously think he'd have to jump just to reach to OP's face. He is 5' tall and his reach is 63".
                      OK fine have any of you got videos of yourself sparring to prove you know how to fight and not get KO'd

Comment

Working...
                      X