Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
    Does pernell have wins over somebody as great as roberto duran, marvin hagler, wilfred benitez & tommy hearns to off set those other things in pacquiao's resume?
    He certainly does not.

Does Pacquaio have wins over somebody as great as Chavez?

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
    nice logic there prick.
    I'm using your own logic!

we are talking about pernell whitaker & manny pacquiao not ray leonard but i knew you were going to go on some moving the goal post wayward tangent.
    I know we are.

So I posed the same question using your same flawed logic to consider who is greater between Leonard and Pacquaio.

Does the same not apply? Or does that logic only apply to certain things.

Like I said, using that same logic you used, Pacquaio beats Leonard in every single category.

That means "It's quite clear to see" who's greater right?

Comment

its better than your worthless opinion that carries no weight whatsoever.
      Of course.

Still, it's just their opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He certainly does not.

Does Pacquaio have wins over somebody as great as Chavez?

I'm using your own logic!

I know we are.

So I posed the same question using your same flawed logic to consider who is greater between Leonard and Pacquaio.

Does the same not apply? Or does that logic only apply to certain things.

Like I said, using that same logic you used, Pacquaio beats Leonard in every single category.

That means "It's quite clear to see" who's greater right?

what win are you talking about? a draw against chavez is not better than multiple wins vs 3 first ballot hall of famers. & no, that was not my logic. but keep trying to purposely pigeonhole the post. people can read this thread & see for themselves all of my posts. Again with the ray leonard comparison? ive already explained that. YOu add everything they did in their career, all accolades & decorations. stop playing stupid.

again,

its quite clear pacquiao has the greater resume.

Comment

what win are you talking about? a draw against chavez is not better than multiple wins vs 3 first ballot hall of famers.
          As you've stated yourself, it was a robbery.

I'm not going to excuse blatant incompetence or corruption.

Whitaker won the fight and anyone with a grain of sense knows it.

And Pacquaio has never beaten anyone as great as Chavez.

& no, that was not my logic. but keep trying to purposely pigeonhole the post.
          Erm, yes it was.

It's preciesly and exactly what you said;

"Lets make this real simple:

who has beaten more hall of famers? pacquiao.
          who has faced more hall of famers? pacquiao.
          who has more lineal titles? pacquiao.
          who has more division titles? pacquiao.
          who has more ring magazine fighter of the year awards? pacquiao.
          who has more ring magazine knock out of the year awards? pacquiao.
          who has more wins? pacquiao.
          who has more fights? pacquiao.
          who has more knockouts? pacquiao.
          who has fighter of the decade? pacquiao.

its quite clear to me."

people can read this thread & see for themselves all of my post. Again with the ray leonard comparison? ive already explained that. YOu add everything they did in their career, all accolades & decorations. stop playing stupid.
          You haven't explained it.

Your reasoning for Pacquaio having a better resume than Whitaker, also means that he has a better resume than Ray Leonard.

Do you understand this? Or are you lost?

In essence, I'm basically showing you why your/that logic is stupid. Very, very stupid.

Because by that logic, Pacquaio also has a better resume than Leonard.

Which, he of course, does not.

its quite clear pacquiao has the greater resume.
          No, it isn't.

Comment

• I see the Paqtards are out in force today :chuckle9:

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
              barrera>nelson
              cotto>mcgirt
              morales>ramirez
              jmm>haugen

clottey+bradley+margarito+mosley+ODLH>>chavez

Comment

As you've stated yourself, it was a robbery.

I'm not going to excuse blatant incompetence or corruption.

Whitaker won the fight and anyone with a grain of sense knows it.

And Pacquaio has never beaten anyone as great as Chavez.

Erm, yes it was.

It's preciesly and exactly what you said;

"Lets make this real simple:

who has beaten more hall of famers? pacquiao.
                who has faced more hall of famers? pacquiao.
                who has more lineal titles? pacquiao.
                who has more division titles? pacquiao.
                who has more ring magazine fighter of the year awards? pacquiao.
                who has more ring magazine knock out of the year awards? pacquiao.
                who has more wins? pacquiao.
                who has more fights? pacquiao.
                who has more knockouts? pacquiao.
                who has fighter of the decade? pacquiao.

its quite clear to me."

You haven't explained it.

Your reasoning for Pacquaio having a better resume than Whitaker, also means that he has a better resume than Ray Leonard.

Do you understand this? Or are you lost?

In essence, I'm basically showing you why your/that logic is stupid. Very, very stupid.

Because by that logic, Pacquaio also has a better resume than Leonard.

Which, he of course, does not.

No, it isn't.

you're the one that's lost. you lost the argument so you keep on trying to harp on trying to pigeonhole one of my post as its entirety of my argument when its not & i already proved that since leonard has massive wins vs hagler, hearns, duran, & benitez it off sets a lot of pacquiao's other statistical advantages. Pernell does not have that. Leonard is also highly decorated with more division titles than pernell (closer to to manny with his 5 than pernell's 3) leonard also has multiple fighter of the year awards closer to manny than pernell is.

Ray leonard has more decorations than pernell along with his legendary wins vs 4 legendary fighters offset pacquiao's statistical advantage, something pernell cant do.

that keep it simple list was in comparison to pernell & pac not pac & leonard. Ray leonard has other things in his resume that can offset pac's other advantages that pernell doesnt have.

How many times to i have to post this?

ohh yea, you dont want to lose a internet argument so you want to keep trying to pigeonhole one post as my entire argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  what are you talking about? the only vacant world title pac fought for and won was the one against margarito....pac has 4 lineal titles, which means he beat 4 guys who were considered the BEST in their division.
                  Margarito - vacant WBC light middleweight title

Hector Velazquez - vacant WBC International super featherweight title

Reynante Jamili - vacant WBC International super bantamweight title

Keep in mind that when Pacquiao got the win over Morales is was only AFTER Morales had lost in a shut out against Zahir Raheem. Before that, Morales schooled Pacquiao. Morales was DEFINITELY not the best when Pacquiao sought to rematch him.

Cotto wasn't even ranked in the top 3 at WW when Pacquiao fought him. Cotto was only even a belt holder at that point because Arum set Cotto up in a vacant title match against unknown Jennings.

DelaHoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley were all coming off career losses before Pacquiao was willing to fight them. He had offers BEFORE they lost and he refused.

Don't talk about Manny's desire to face the best when he certainly has not targeted the best when given an option not to.

Comment

you're the one that's lost. you lost the argument so you keep on trying to harp on trying to pigeonhole one of my post as its entirety of my argument when its not & i already proved that since leonard has massive wins vs hagler, hearns, duran, & benitez it off sets a lot of pacquiao's other statistical advantages. Pernell does not have that. Leonard is also highly decorated with more division titles than pernell (closer to to manny with his 5 than pernell's 3) leonard also has multiple fighter of the year awards closer to manny than pernell is.

Ray leonard has more decorations than pernell along with his legendary wins vs 4 legendary fighters offset pacquiao's statistical advantage, something pernell cant do.

that keep it simple list was in comparison to pernell & pac not pac & leonard. Ray leonard has other things in his resume that can offset pac's other advantages that pernell doesnt have.

How many times to i have to post this?

ohh yea, you dont want to lose a internet argument so you want to keep trying to pigeonhole one post as my entire argument.

Comment

nice rebuttal. you really proved me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X