Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todd DuBoef: A bonus of $100,000 will be awarded to the winner of Rios-Gamboa.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Thats the thing, you dont have to have a signed contract to agree to something. Its obvious Gamboa agreed in principle, and thats enough.

He didnt say ANYTHING for the past months since the fight was agreed upon knowing that he would have to show up to every presser. But then all the sudden he just doesnt show up

Alot of people have money spent on this fight already, HBO, TR, sponsors, etc and not going thru with the fight i agree would mean career suicide.

He should have looked at what happened with Donaire, he was publicly embarrassed
    he didn't say anything for the past months to the media. do you think TR and oner didn't know about gamboa's move until the press conference? it is suspicious that nobody from gamboa's team was at miami press conference huuummmm!!
    and why in the hell Carl moretti asked Richard Abril to show at miami press conference to challenge Rios and do the little show there????
    also too many sources were affirming that gamboa signed the contract just 2 or 3 weeks ago and now suddenly the contract it is not signed.
    all this thing sucks !!!!
    there are too many things to think about it before blaming gamboa for this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      It has to be. For the risk he's taking, he probably feels he should get more money, or else it's not worth at all. I can understand him.

Pac-DLH was dead for a while, cause Pacquiao wanted more money for the risk of going up to 147. Nobody called Pac a pussy, but because of Gamboa's association with Mayweather, people are calling him names, when he actually has every right to ask for more money, and has no business fighting The Ring #1 ranked 135 pounder. What he shoulda just done is take a stay busy fight, and then if Lopez beat Salido, he fights Lopez[not Salido since he already beat him]. I don't think he's scared if he's the one who asked for the fight. I think that because of the risk and going up to a more lucrative weight class, he thought he would be getting more money than he's being offered. But now he sees the contract and what he's getting, and he doesn't feel the risk is worth the reward.

It's either that or like people are saying, he's unhappy with the contract extension. This is what happened with Bradley and Shaw. Khan was offering a fight to Bradley under Shaw, but in order for the fight to happen, Bradley had to sign a contract extension with Shaw, which would leave him out of the Pacquiao sweepstakes[Oh look who he's fighting next]. And if he stayed with Shaw, then he'd have fought Khan but had to stay with Shaw, and a Khan fight is not possible now because of the TR vs GBP feud. But anyways, Gamboa probably wants the Rios fight, but also doesn't want to be tied down to a long term contract with TR.

I don't know what's going on honestly. I'm just speculating, putting the pieces of the puzzles together. But I think it's one of those two things.
      It's a pity you waited until you finished your long exposition to say that you were merely speculating. You sounded as if you were on the inside of everything going on. If you'd said you were speculating at the beginning, I'd have not bothered reading further. Here's a question for you......What do you think HBO would say and do if Gamboa reneged on this fight and came along with a "stay busy" fight??

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
        If it's a verbal contract to fight Rios it don't mean **** in a court of law, However the guy IS under contract with Top Rank so if he doesn't do this fight he'll be sat on the shelf for a long time...
        Where I come from, (approximately where you come from) a verbal contract used to be good for everything except property purchases. Provided that there were reputable (and sometimes not reputable) witnesses to the agreement. I don't know if boxing contracts are included.

But as you've already read I'm sure, it's the practice of the industry to only sign the actual contract when the promotion is well along.......

Comment

**** gamboa this ***** ass coward, he lets his fans down and many people who spent money. I hope arum screws him so bad this clown is left searching for scraps. Communist comes to USA and thinks hes entitled to everything, news for that ****** he aint entitled to ****, he has no fan base and needs to earn it

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            It's a pity you waited until you finished your long exposition to say that you were merely speculating. You sounded as if you were on the inside of everything going on. If you'd said you were speculating at the beginning, I'd have not bothered reading further. Here's a question for you......What do you think HBO would say and do if Gamboa reneged on this fight and came along with a "stay busy" fight??
            If you couldn't see I was speculating from the first sentence "it has to be", "probably". I think that would give it away right there.

But anyways, it's one of those two that I mentioned. If it's not one of those two then what is it? Oh, the little immature "he's scared"? Or maybe I should go along and call him "Duckboa". Or how about I make up my own corny name for him, P*ssyorkis Gamchicken? Would that be worth a good read now? Hopefully this post was worth reading.

Comment

When Gamboa says fight is on, then I'll believe it. And he better hurry up too. Getting close to five weeks till fight night.

Comment

Working...
              X