Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todd DuBoef: A bonus of $100,000 will be awarded to the winner of Rios-Gamboa.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    It probably #1 but if you agree to those terms, you have to honor them
    I'm not 100% sure all the contracts have been signed.

would be stupid if the fight didn't come off though, Gamboa would be commiting career suicide.

Guess some boxers are just stupid.

Comment

Yay looks like the fight will pop off then. I hope DuBoef isn't lying when he says the fight is back on in his twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
        I'm not 100% sure all the contracts have been signed.

would be stupid if the fight didn't come off though, Gamboa would be commiting career suicide.

Guess some boxers are just stupid.
        Thats the thing, you dont have to have a signed contract to agree to something. Its obvious Gamboa agreed in principle, and thats enough.

He didnt say ANYTHING for the past months since the fight was agreed upon knowing that he would have to show up to every presser. But then all the sudden he just doesnt show up

Alot of people have money spent on this fight already, HBO, TR, sponsors, etc and not going thru with the fight i agree would mean career suicide.

He should have looked at what happened with Donaire, he was publicly embarrassed

Comment

#teamrios gamboa is a lil ***** he shoulda showed up at the press and let the people know whats happening

Comment

damn that ill take the fight

Comment

Thats the thing, you dont have to have a signed contract to agree to something. Its obvious Gamboa agreed in principle, and thats enough.

He didnt say ANYTHING for the past months since the fight was agreed upon knowing that he would have to show up to every presser. But then all the sudden he just doesnt show up

Alot of people have money spent on this fight already, HBO, TR, sponsors, etc and not going thru with the fight i agree would mean career suicide.

He should have looked at what happened with Donaire, he was publicly embarrassed
              If it's a verbal contract to fight Rios it don't mean **** in a court of law, However the guy IS under contract with Top Rank so if he doesn't do this fight he'll be sat on the shelf for a long time...

Comment

man what gamboa did was very disrespectful

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
                  If it's a verbal contract to fight Rios it don't mean **** in a court of law, However the guy IS under contract with Top Rank so if he doesn't do this fight he'll be sat on the shelf for a long time...
                  Sure it does, what do you mean? If you watch judge Judy it is almost never enforced because there is no proof, but In this case there is proof.

And he is under contract for like another almost 2 years i think

Comment

Sure it does, what do you mean? If you watch judge Judy it is almost never enforced because there is no proof, but In this case there is proof.

If gamboa hasn't physically signed to fight Rios then I would guess that he doesn't have to, however he is under contract with top rank so I doubt the'll let him fight anyone else so if he doesn't he'll end up on the shelf.

Moral of the story is, Gamboa is a tool.

Comment

verbal contract are fine as long as they dont violate the statute of frauds. in this case a verbal contract to fight rios would be valid. what wouldnt be valid is a verbal contract to extend the promotion contract, thats absolutely invalid and must be in writing. any performance contract that takes > 1 year must be in writing and signed.

Comment

Working...
                      X