Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa No-Shows Rios Presser, Mayweather Talk Lingers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a good couple months for TR. Floyd outmaneuvered them on Cotto, and they lost their 140 mini tournament idea when Khan/GBP scooped up Peterson, now this with Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      130 is a simply dead division and a Broner fight isnt gonna happen anytime soon

I mean who would he fight?
      Apparently that doesn't matter cuz' he gets to be on Mayweather undercards.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Who cares about the Juanma fight falling through now? Bob was trying to build that fight up even more and it backfired, let's move on. Now Gamboa is the one bi.tching out after get boxing fans excited for a huge fight.
        I'm sure the fighter would care. The biggest pay-day out there killed by a hesitant promoter doesn't sound like something that would leave your fighter impressed.

I don't know what Gamboa's contract situation is with Top Rank, but the rumours of him jumping to another company have been around. That would suggest it's not great.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Who cares about the Juanma fight falling through now? Bob was trying to build that fight up even more and it backfired, let's move on. Now Gamboa is the one bi.tching out after get boxing fans excited for a huge fight.
          If you're Gamboa and Bob wouldn't let you ice Juanma and get paid because lonmg term Juanma looks to be more marketable than you I'd be pissed too. 126 vs Junama or 135 vs Rios? you decide if you're Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            130 is a simply dead division and a Broner fight isnt gonna happen anytime soon

I mean who would he fight?
            its a dead division but if gamboa doesnt want to move up to 135 then thats exactly where he'll be. and who knows when the broner fight is gonna happen, a year is totally reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              WTF are you talking about?
              Bob counseld Tim to leave and when he left his promoter he signed with TR to fight Csamayor and Manny

Comment

Gamboa is a b1tch for pulling out this fight because fans want to see the fight. But it was ok for for bob to keep jaunma from Gamboa.

Thing is in order for him to get a big fight he has to jump 2 divisions against the number 1 in that div.

Comment

He's in a contract. He cant jump ship and if he does we wont be seeing him fight for a long time do to legal problems.

Comment

Didnt one poster on here (Cuban) already said this was going to happen? I remember him making a thread two days ago saying he had something isnt right with Yuri.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Bob counseld Tim to leave and when he left his promoter he signed with TR to fight Csamayor and Manny
                      Yea but he didn't have sign fight, where tickets were sold like what happened here. Not sure how any of this relates. It don't matter **** Gamboa, if he doesn't fight he is an F'ing duck it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X