Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa No-Shows Rios Presser, Mayweather Talk Lingers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd did say on thursday that he was in the process of signing a couple of fighters.......

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Gamboa wanted Juanma, that was THE fight and would have been the money fight on top of that. Bob kept it from him and in the end Juanma lost to one of Gamboa's left-overs and the hype for the fight was killed. Nobody would be happy about a promoter keeping from you, and then killing the biggest money fight available.

Solis wasn't hand-picked, neither was Salido or even Ponce, those were just about the only fights even worth having. If your promoter can only get you one big fight, and you have to jump several divisions to get it, that's not exactly a credit to the promoter.
      Who cares about the Juanma fight falling through now? Bob was trying to build that fight up even more and it backfired, let's move on. Now Gamboa is the one bi.tching out after get boxing fans excited for a huge fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        I hope we're all just overreacting and the fight will still push through, if not **** Gamboa, I hope Broner whoops his ass.

if it does push through it definitely wont be for the same april 14th date, this sucks

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          I hope we're all just overreacting and the fight will still push through, if not **** Gamboa, I hope Broner whoops his ass.
          What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Yes thats exactly what i thought

Weird why he would go there. Plus there just arent any interesting fights out there with them
            its not all that weird at all. he'll get to co feature with floyd and he has access to golden boys array of fighters, which includes most of the top guys at 130 like broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              Fuck Gamboa if he pulls out of this fight. I don't care what anyone says that is a F'ing duck. Mofo can't even sell out a ballroom has no fan base to speak of, resume is thin as hell and is in his 30's already.
              Dude bum bum rios can't sell out the pAL in his native Oxnard. The majority of people don't even know who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                idc what promoter he goes to honestly, if its floyd cool, im all for it, but pulling out of a fight isnt cool at all. its a ***** move. altho i didnt think he should fight rios in the first place, dont agree to fight him, have everything to go and then not show up to the presser. thats pretty unprofessional and im a big fan of gamboa.
                Yeah thats not a great way to do business. But Bob just got Tim to do this so what goes around comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                  I said this a month ago. Yuri was leaving and TR was trying to send him off with an El. Part of me doesnt blame him for pulling out of the fight because thats a tall order for him. Everybody forgets Yuri has to move up 2 wieght classes to fight Rios.
                  awesome points

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    its not all that weird at all. he'll get to co feature with floyd and he has access to golden boys array of fighters, which includes most of the top guys at 130 like broner.
                    130 is a simply dead division and a Broner fight isnt gonna happen anytime soon

I mean who would he fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Yeah thats not a great way to do business. But Bob just got Tim to do this so what goes around comes around.
                      WTF are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                      X