Comments Thread For: Gamboa No-Shows Rios Presser, Mayweather Talk Lingers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    @ russian crushin and brick wall

No doubt Gamboa if he doesn't fight is far worse. But if Gamboa thinks Bob is trying to get him murked and not let him get Juanma because he is more marketable, I can understand this.
    If he thought that why did he sign to fight and wait till the tickets go on sell?

Comment

• Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
      Manny wont move up 3lbs to fight Cotto but you expect Yuri to move up 2 weight classes to fight Rios? Who is a huge LW to say the least.
      Then gamboa shouldint talk shlt then bro.He has even talked about
      moving up and fighting manny at ww.

Comment

• Pulling out of a fight after it has been signed is a bad move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
          All in all Gamboa's an idiot to sign with a promotional company that can't even pay the rent for it's own office space.
          My man can't disagree except he will get plenty of shine on the Mayweather ppv's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
            Yet they get Jessie Vargas $100,000 a fight......go figure

With the help of GBP mate.

And where's Vargas at now? Go ahead as Eaner, he even downplays the idea of Gamboa going with MP.

Let's not kid ourselves. TR, no matter how scumbag Arum is, is still the lesser evil over May promotions.

If Gamboa was jumpin' onto GBP then I see no problem with it.

Comment

If you think Bob let it marinate you're not seeing the big picture. Juanma is far more popular and brings in significantly more money than Gamboa. Bob protected his business interests and Juanma, he didn't just let it get bigger.
              Therefor letting it marinate till' Gamboa aura grew more. WTF am I reading right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                If he thought that why did he sign to fight and wait till the tickets go on sell?
                My guess is this is the only leverage he has. Look we agree its a low class move. But I'm not gonna get upset it was done to Bob Arum. It sucks that people spent money to buy seats, hotels etc.

Comment

• We All Know Top Rank and Bob Arum Protect their fighters like no other. Throwing Gamboa to Rios was basically Top Rank saying "Your gonna leave, then leave on this Loss". They know Gamboa was leaving, so they threw him to the wolves AKA 2 weight classes up against a HUGE Hard Punching Young Lightweight. Anyways,Id Like to See Broner Kick Rois Ass or Id like to see Rios go up to 140 and fight Joan Guzman. That would be a War!

Comment

• Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                    That would be fine if he didn't agree to the fight in the first place.
                    Nobody knows what the money situation is. I can totally see Arum saying something like since your gone Im only paying you this.

Comment

@ russian crushin and brick wall

No doubt Gamboa if he doesn't fight is far worse. But if Gamboa thinks Bob is trying to get him murked and not let him get Juanma because he is more marketable, I can understand this.
                      don't know why you're bringing up juanma? and it was gamboa who mentioned rios' name and top rank obliged to his request and arranged the fight. there's no justification here if gamboa really backed out...he's about to do the most stupid decision in his boxing career.

Comment

Working...
                      X