Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa No-Shows Rios Presser, Mayweather Talk Lingers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds like nothing more than a smoke screen to me.

Gamboa is scared.

Comment

Sounds like Nonito Donaire being a dumbazz signing with GBP but still tied with TR.

Let's see if Gamboa's on the same boat.

Comment

I said this a month ago. Yuri was leaving and TR was trying to send him off with an El. Part of me doesnt blame him for pulling out of the fight because thats a tall order for him. Everybody forgets Yuri has to move up 2 wieght classes to fight Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Who is he gonna face? Rios is the best opponent in terms of being the best fighter around and most exciting.

WHo is he gonna face? 130 is dead and a Broner fight probably wouldnt happen for years. Then Robert Guerrero at 135?

This is THE fight to be made
          good point. if Yuri were to leave TR h should do it after fighting Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Arma316 View Post
            This sounds like nothing more than a smoke screen to me.

Gamboa is scared.
            What I think is if it's true that Gamboa's with Mayweather promotions, they're just about to preserve him and make him a star off his record. After all, Floyd said he wanted Gamboa to have the torch when he leaves boxing.

On a promoting standpoint yea that's cool coz it's business, but sucks for the fans.

I'd love to see Rios-Gamboa, but sems like MP won't risk it with Rios. Hence the hold-up.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I am looking forward to Gamboa-Rios.

Hmmm...anybody think Gamboa will withdraw from the fight, buy his Top Rank contract out, and get on the Mayweather-Cotto undercard? I think not, I think Gamboa-Rios will happen.
              I hope you are right, im looking forward to that fight more than any other fight in the world.

Comment

What I find kind of Odd is how Floyd was saying that he'd like to hand the torch to Gamboa like Gamboa is 22 or 23 years old? Hand the torch? wtf? Gamboa's only like 4 years younger than Floyd!! Back when Floyd was 25 Gamboa was 20 so they are roughly in the same age group, only thing Gamboa has going for him is that undefeated record now...

Comment

I don't get it. Gamboa asked for this fight. Now i know that Top Rank hasn't managed Gamboa properly( hell they denied him Juanma) but why not wait to pull out after you have defeated Rios and made your mark.

Comment

Gamboas more afraid of rios than he is of castro

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                      I said this a month ago. Yuri was leaving and TR was trying to send him off with an El. Part of me doesnt blame him for pulling out of the fight because thats a tall order for him. Everybody forgets Yuri has to move up 2 wieght classes to fight Rios.
                      well,He should of rejected the fight b4 fans bought tickets and
                      scheduled that date for las vegas.Hopefully they work this out.

Comment

Working...
                      X