No announcement yet.

Greater Accomplishment: Mayweather's 42-0 Or Chavez Sr's 89-0-1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    What Chavez Sr did was great but you also have to take into account that he fought a ton of no names as well. I'd probably lean towards Chavez Sr but that doesn't mean I think he's the greater fighter, because Floyd is. If Floyd retires unbeaten and were to get wins over Cotto and Pacquiao/Martinez, it'd be Floyd in my opinion then.
    Well, of course it would be Mayweather if he added a win over Pacquaio or Martinez on his resume.

That would take him significantly higher than Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      I just don't see why it took him so long (33 fights & 9 years as a pro) to beat a champ with a title?
      Why you knocking cotto for bob arums doing? And its not like cotto didnt get in there with many undefeated fighters. Btw, the mosley that cotto fought>mosley that floyd fought.

With that said, both have good resumes, with neither having a real advantage over the other.

Comment

You do reallize the 89 is terribly padded with no hopers and bums? If you only take the quality opponents, I'm sure you and I would be surprised.

Quality over quantity. Leonard's 30+ wins-2/3 losses record> Chavez whole 100+wins-whatever amount of losses record.

Comment

Mayweather and quite clearly...

Genero Hernandez
          Jesus Chavez
          Carlos Hernandez
          Deigo Corrales
          Jose Luis Castillo x2
          Arturo Gatti
          Zab Judah
          Carlos Baldomir
          Oscar De La Hoya
          Ricky Hatton
          Juan Manuel Marquez
          Shane Mosley
          Victor Ortiz
          Miguel Cotto (presumably)

There's potentially 6 hall of famers on that list.

Spread over the course of 5 divisions while remaining undefeated.

And he's not done yet. Names like Pacquiao or Martinez could be added as well.
          Last edited by deliveryman; 03-04-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Why is Roger Mayweather in capitals?
            I was wondering the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              I was wondering the same.
              proly because hes trying to imply hed beat floyd the same way or some ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                We're talking about "at the time" in their careers.

I'm kind of leaning on Chavez. I know he basically lost to Whitaker and Taylor, but Chavez was fighting every month or so against everyone.

I can see some making an argument for Mayweather regarding the weight classes, but I think it's close.

What do you say guys?
                He did not lose to Taylor, it was a legit stoppage

Comment

Quility over quantity after looking both resumes. Leonard has one of the best resumes ever, and he only had 36 wins.

Mayweather's wins: G. Hernandez, Manfredy, Juuko, Gerena, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto (if Floyd wins).

Chavez Sr's wins: Castillo, R. Mayweather, Lockrdige, Laporte, Rosario, Limon, Ramirez, Taylor, Smith, Camacho, Haugen, Randall, Lopez, Parisi, Kamau, and Gamache.

Comment

I hate those *****s, but Chavez fought so many bums, his resume ain't better.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerwas1 View Post
                      I hate those *****s, but Chavez fought so many bums, his resume ain't better.
                      Agreed homie, on both points.

Comment

Working...
                      X