Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater Accomplishment: Mayweather's 42-0 Or Chavez Sr's 89-0-1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the best name on either guy's resume is camacho. the second best is probably taylor even tho floyd's fought guys on the same level but probably no1 that was much better. and i include roger mayweather because the version of roger that chavez beat in the 2nd fight was the most prime version of roger and he was a killer at that time and that weight. to me hes about equal to a win over corralles. so i think id go with chavez but its not overwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      the best name on either guy's resume is camacho. the second best is probably taylor even tho floyd's fought guys on the same level but probably no1 that was much better. and i include roger mayweather because the version of roger that chavez beat in the 2nd fight was the most prime version of roger and he was a killer at that time and that weight. to me hes about equal to a win over corralles. so i think id go with chavez but its not overwhelming.
      I most agree, still thinks Floyd's overall resume is deeper. Chavez Sr had over 100 wins and only about 15 notable ones. Corrales win > R. Mayweather. Though Roger was prime and very good then, so was Corrales, and Corrales was #5 P4P when Floyd fought him. Lets not forget that Roger had dropped a decision to Baltazar and was KO'd by Lockridge 1 year prior to fight JCC Sr. The Lockridge win for Chavez Sr was better than the Roger win. Roger did go on to have a decent career at 140 after losing to Chavez Sr, grabbing wins over Arredondo, Brazier, and Aceves. But, after losing to Floyd, Corrales also went on have a good career beating Casamayor, Freitas, and Castillo. And prior to fighting Floyd, Diego was unbeaten and had decent wins over Garcia, Manfredy, Gainer, and Juuko.

Diego Corrales > Roger Mayweather anyday.

Comment

The best name is Camacho?

What about Oscar? Or Mosley?

Both much bigger name opponents that Camacho.

Not that that means anything, though.

Comment

chavez by a long shot
          srr tho 131-1 only loss to a middleweight prime lomatta which he avenged 4 times lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Chavez Sr

Ramirez
            Camacho
            Rosario
            Taylor
            Laporte
            ROGER MAYWEATHER
            Lockridge

And others just to name a few.
            taylor???

your kidding right??

even thinking abt that fight leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              The best name is Camacho?

What about Oscar? Or Mosley?

Both much bigger name opponents that Camacho.

Not that that means anything, though.
              i meant it as in camacho was a more prime fighter than either, i think the camacho chavez fought was better than the oscar or the mosely floyd fought. camacho was pretty much undefeated going into that fight. i think it was a better win than mosely or oscar. thats what best meant, not biggest.

Comment

i meant it as in camacho was a more prime fighter than either, i think the camacho chavez fought was better than the oscar or the mosely floyd fought. camacho was pretty much undefeated going into that fight. i think it was a better win than mosely or oscar. thats what best meant, not biggest.
                Oh, fair enough.

Arguably, yes.

Hector Camacho is underrated. He beat a lot of good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  I most agree, still thinks Floyd's overall resume is deeper. Chavez Sr had over 100 wins and only about 15 notable ones. Corrales win > R. Mayweather. Though Roger was prime and very good then, so was Corrales, and Corrales was #5 P4P when Floyd fought him. Lets not forget that Roger had dropped a decision to Baltazar and was KO'd by Lockridge 1 year prior to fight JCC Sr. The Lockridge win for Chavez Sr was better than the Roger win.[ Roger did go on to have a decent career at 140 after losing to Chavez Sr, grabbing wins over Arredondo, Brazier, and Aceves. But, after losing to Floyd, Corrales also went on have a good career beating Casamayor, Freitas, and Castillo. And prior to fighting Floyd, Diego was unbeaten and had decent wins over Garcia, Manfredy, Gainer, and Juuko.

Diego Corrales > Roger Mayweather anyday.
                  i was specifically speaking about his second fight with roger, in which roger just came off a victory of vinny paz. that roger was a beast, to me that was prime roger and imo, roger was a better fighter than rocky lockridge so yea, lockridge scored a win over roger, but that roger win at 140 counts for more than the lockridge win.

Comment

Mayweather Jr is a greater fighter than Chavez Sr and would beat his ass in a head to head contest.

That is all.

Comment

Chavez Sr, but a lot of tomato cans reside in that 89-0-1 record up to the point where he lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X