No announcement yet.

Amir khan looks even worse now that maidana got dominated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I knew your math was off. I guess for whatever reason you somehow thought Bradley didn't fit in between 140-147 LOL!! Like I said Jangles thought Khan beats everyone between 140-147 not named Floyd or Pacman. Bradley would fit into that anywhere in between.
    Again, I never said he beats everyone at 140. Only at 147, except Floyd and Manny.

As to the question, Maidana has always given good fighters tough fights, so with his struggles against Morales and now this beatdown by Alexander, it's quite possible he has lost something, either that or 147 was a bad weight for him. Khan deserves a lot of credit, he had one really bad round, but for the most part he won that fight comfortably. It's not like he had to pull out a close decision against Maidana. Maidana made Ortiz's b*tch ass quit, yet a lot of people seem to just dismiss that.
    Last edited by bojangles1987; 02-27-2012, 09:00 AM.

Comment

What makes Khan look bad is his lack of defence.

His only way of avoiding danger is by back pedalling around the ring and allowing danger to hit him in the face. He really needs to work on the fundamentals of defence, he can't run forever.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Again, I never said he beats everyone at 140. Only at 147, except Floyd and Manny.
        Wait, what?? So he doesn't beat everyone in his own weightclass, yet he travels north & does it. Ok Jangles, carry on with that.

Comment

Wait, what?? So he doesn't beat everyone in his own weightclass, yet he travels north & does it. Ok Jangles, carry on with that.
          How are you not understanding the point I've always made, which is that the fighters at 140 are better than those at 147? I think it's pretty obvious, 147 is not that good a division outside of 3 or 4 guys. It's a very simple argument, that can be made for a lot of fighters. Broner would not beat everyone at 126, but he may do so at 130. Why? Because 126 is a tougher division. Ortiz was average at 140, moves up to 147, and can be one of the best because of the rest of the division.

You really overrate 147. It's not that good a division right now, and only now that so many 140 fighters are starting to move up will it get better.

Comment

How are you not understanding the point I've always made, which is that the fighters at 140 are better than those at 147? I think it's pretty obvious, 147 is not that good a division outside of 3 or 4 guys. It's a very simple argument, that can be made for a lot of fighters. Broner would not beat everyone at 126, but he may do so at 130. Why? Because 126 is a tougher division. Ortiz was average at 140, moves up to 147, and can be one of the best because of the rest of the division.
            It isn't pretty obvious. Added weight can help or hinder a fighter. It is rather redundant to assume Khan bosses 147 when he has his own glearing flaws to begin with. He cannot fight on the inside, he sputters after 3 rounds, he cannot fight going backward.

He'll be pushed back a lot more from big fighters like Mike Jones & I'd favor his fellow brit right now over his lame a$$.

Comment

I had khan winning 9 rounds out of the first 10 rounds in his fight with maidana. if that fight was a 10 round fight it would have obviously scored the fight 9-1 in khan favor. that is pretty dominated. the last 3 rounds made the seem closer than what it really was.

Comment

It isn't pretty obvious. Added weight can help or hinder a fighter. It is rather redundant to assume Khan bosses 147 when he has his own glearing flaws to begin with. He cannot fight on the inside, he sputters after 3 rounds, he cannot fight going backward.

He'll be pushed back a lot more from big fighters like Mike Jones & I'd favor his fellow brit right now over his lame a$$.
                Why would a big fighter like Khan automatically be hindered moving up in weight? Why wouldn't it help him? It helps others, and you're certainly willing to believe other fighters are automatically different fighters because of moving up one division. If Khan can be the second best fighter in a superior division, I'm pretty confident he can beat everyone in a division where the best fighter besides Floyd and Manny wasn't as good as Khan was when they were in the same division.

Mike Jones and Kell Brook have some pretty glaring flaws of their own, that Khan could easily exploit, easier than they would exploit Khan's flaws. It took one of the better inside fighters in the sport to win an either way type of fight against Khan, Mike Jones and Kell Brook aren't as good at pressuring fighters as Lamont Peterson has proven to be, against good or even very good competition. Being bigger doesn't make you a good pressure fighter, or a better pressure fighter than a guy smaller than you.

Comment

Why would a big fighter like Khan automatically be hindered moving up in weight? Why wouldn't it help him? It helps others, and you're certainly willing to believe other fighters are automatically different fighters because of moving up one division. If Khan can be the second best fighter in a superior division, I'm pretty confident he can beat everyone in a division where the best fighter besides Floyd and Manny wasn't as good as Khan was when they were in the same division.

Mike Jones and Kell Brook have some pretty glaring flaws of their own, that Khan could easily exploit, easier than they would exploit Khan's flaws. It took one of the better inside fighters in the sport to win an either way type of fight against Khan, Mike Jones and Kell Brook aren't as good at pressuring fighters as Lamont Peterson has proven to be, against good or even very good competition. Being bigger doesn't make you a good pressure fighter, or a better pressure fighter than a guy smaller than you.
                  Rumour has it, that's exactly what happens when a fighter moves up one division.

Comment

styles make fights. still i always said khan fought a terrible fight against maidana. most ppl were all impressed and acted like he fought a great fight but i thought it was his worst performace, he just got caught against prescott against maidana he sucked for 12 rounds. with his skillset khan shouldve taken him to school and probably knocked him out at some point. instead he stumbled around the ring looking awkward and sloppy. maidana was just winging the same wide right hand over the top with no set up and not only did khan not counter it he acctually got caught and almost knocked out by it.

maidana is garbage, a C level fighter. alexander did poorly not to put him away tbh. maidana has no defense and his punch resistance isnt all that good. even his power is overrated and more importantly he doesnt set it up at all, he just walks in throwing the widest most telegraphed punches you ever seen. its incredible this guy is fighting at this level, im not hating on the guy i like him. he fights anyone and he has alot of heart, but that doesnt make him an elite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
                      What makes Khan look bad is his lack of defence.

His only way of avoiding danger is by back pedalling around the ring and allowing danger to hit him in the face. He really needs to work on the fundamentals of defence, he can't run forever.
                      That's a great point. Unfortunately, his trainer apparently doesn't teach defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X