Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triangle theories......

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
      That's a great point. Unfortunately, his trainer apparently doesn't teach defense.
      I think that coupled with Khan's need to prove his chin is a recipe for disaster. The blueprint for beating Khan is so obvious, apply pressure and back him up. At least get him sparring where he spends the entirety of the rounds on his back foot.

Comment

Maidana appeared to have more speed at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
          Styles make fights and triangle theories don't work. Khan beat kotelnik Devon struggled with him. Maidana beat Ortiz but lost to khan. Ortiz drew with Peterson but lamont beat khan. Don't mean ****. The only guy in that division who hasn't struggled is Bradley but he didn't fight khan which could have been his tough not to crack
          This. . . this. . . AND THIS. .

TS was trying to be underhand slick, and imply that Bradley would beat Khan based off their performances against common opponents, and their common opponents performances against common opponents (LOL, ya follow?) THis is just a complete and utter fail. . . .

Fact is that Bradley DUCKED Khan. . . Straight SWERVED him. . . And no, he would NOT have been obligated to stay with Shaw if he fought Khan; Shaw said it was a "one fight and done" deal. . . So if Bradley was so confident of beating Khan, RIDDLE ME THIS: Why did he not take the fight and make the 1.4 million guaranteed from HBO, and the 50/50 revenue split from UK? Easy money, right?

MOREOVER, if a Pac/May fight was tiny timmah "THE HEAD" bradley's main goal, why would he not first beat Khan? This would not only increase his profile and notoriety, thereby making a Pac/Timmah-May/Timmah fight more attractive, but it would also give him more power at the negotiating table. In turn, all this would lead to more PPV buys, and more money for Bradley. . .

Comment

Have. To say I'm really enjoying this thread..LOL..

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Why would a big fighter like Khan automatically be hindered moving up in weight? Why wouldn't it help him? It helps others, and you're certainly willing to believe other fighters are automatically different fighters because of moving up one division. If Khan can be the second best fighter in a superior division, I'm pretty confident he can beat everyone in a division where the best fighter besides Floyd and Manny wasn't as good as Khan was when they were in the same division.

Mike Jones and Kell Brook have some pretty glaring flaws of their own, that Khan could easily exploit, easier than they would exploit Khan's flaws. It took one of the better inside fighters in the sport to win an either way type of fight against Khan, Mike Jones and Kell Brook aren't as good at pressuring fighters as Lamont Peterson has proven to be, against good or even very good competition. Being bigger doesn't make you a good pressure fighter, or a better pressure fighter than a guy smaller than you.
              1st of all I never said they apply pressure. I said that they were bigger. meaning Khan isn't stronger on the inside period. Pushing off bigger fighters will tire him out. In the case of Jones he's longer & can stay from the outside & punish Khan & toss him around on the inside. He's overrated period. he is chinny has major stamina problems 7 it is not a fact that he could even beat ortiz, Berto, Zavek, brook or any other fairly decent welterweight because he's never fought there period.

Comment

FYI: Khan is NOT a big 140 pounder. . . He rehydrates to 148-149; in comparison, Peterson rehydrated to 155. . .

Oh yeah. . . BRADLEY DUCKED THE KING. . . FACT: Bradley was not obligated to fight under Shaw; he would have been free to sign with another promotor after fighting Khan. FACT: By taking the Khan fight, Bradley would have made a guaranteed 1.4 million dollars, and likely well over 2 million with UK revenue. FACT: Bradley could have increased his notoriety and profile by beating Khan, and in turn increased PPV sales for a Pac/May fight. FACT: Bradley would have had more power at the negotiating table with Pac/May. FACT: If Bradley was 100% confident in beating Khan, he would have fought him. . .

Amir KHAAAAAAAAAAN (and he's knocking you out!) Amir KHAAAAAAAAAAN (let me hear you shout!) - Capon-E

Comment

FACT: Tiny TIMMAH "THE HEAD" Bradley has a HUGE dome-piece. FACT: Not only does Tiny TIMMAH "THE HEAD" Bradley have a ginormous dome-piece, but it also comes to THREE POINTS, thereby making it POINTY, SHARP, and downright DANGEROUS! FACT: Tiny TIMMAH "THE HEAD" Bradley's head is an ISOSCELES TRIANGLE"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    1st of all I never said they apply pressure. I said that they were bigger. meaning Khan isn't stronger on the inside period. Pushing off bigger fighters will tire him out. In the case of Jones he's longer & can stay from the outside & punish Khan & toss him around on the inside. He's overrated period. he is chinny has major stamina problems 7 it is not a fact that he could even beat ortiz, Berto, Zavek, brook or any other fairly decent welterweight because he's never fought there period.
                    He's beaten better fighters than everyone but Ortiz though, and he beat a guy that beat Ortiz. So it's not possible that Khan will be stronger and better at 147, but everyone else benefits from it and becomes a completely different fighter? If they aren't pressuring, how are they imposing their size and how is he tiring from pushing them off?

Damn, you really hate on Amir Khan. It's one thing to say he's overrated, it's another to think Jan Zaveck and Kell Brook and Mike Jones will beat him. He's beaten better guys than all three of them. As I've said before, you are severely overrating the jump in weight, especially because Khan is a big guy at 140. Did you think Perez would beat Broner just because Broner had never fought at 130 before? Do you think Khan would slaughter Rios because Rios has never fought at 140? Do you not notice all the times that good fighters move up in weight and beat the crap out of lesser fighters? Or do you just pick against the more popular fighter, no matter the case?

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      Kotelnik is a boxer, and Matthysse is a puncher. . . They both beat Alexander. . . I wouldn't say Peterson is a boxer; the way he fought Khan was more of a puncher/inside fighter. . .

Fact is, Khan beat Maidana 7 rounds to 5, and he beat Peterson 8 rounds to 4. . . Having two close fights with quality opponents doesn't "expose" you. . .
                      That's because peterson ISN"T a boxer.

He's an inside fighter, always has been. That's where his best work is, and that's where his best work will remain. Why do people assume he's a boxer? In fact, the only time I saw him "box" was in the Ortiz fight whe nhe had to pull the counter punches out the bag.

Comment

Working...
                      X