Amir khan looks even worse now that maidana got dominated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    That's because peterson ISN"T a boxer.

He's an inside fighter, always has been. That's where his best work is, and that's where his best work will remain. Why do people assume he's a boxer? In fact, the only time I saw him "box" was in the Ortiz fight whe nhe had to pull the counter punches out the bag.

I agree 100%. . . THat's the point I was making. . .

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      FYI: Khan is NOT a big 140 pounder. . . He rehydrates to 148-149; in comparison, Peterson rehydrated to 155. . .

Oh yeah. . . BRADLEY DUCKED THE KING. . . FACT: Bradley was not obligated to fight under Shaw; he would have been free to sign with another promotor after fighting Khan. FACT: By taking the Khan fight, Bradley would have made a guaranteed 1.4 million dollars, and likely well over 2 million with UK revenue. FACT: Bradley could have increased his notoriety and profile by beating Khan, and in turn increased PPV sales for a Pac/May fight. FACT: Bradley would have had more power at the negotiating table with Pac/May. FACT: If Bradley was 100% confident in beating Khan, he would have fought him. . .

Amir KHAAAAAAAAAAN (and he's knocking you out!) Amir KHAAAAAAAAAAN (let me hear you shout!) - Capon-E
      You sound like a Khan nut swinger bro,but if ya wanna talk facts(that have to do with this thread mind you)Bradley has dominated all of his opponents..Khan can not say the same,end of story....

Comment

Amir Khan cant look any worse than he did getting thrashed by Prescott and running for his life against Peterson.

You also can't say or do anything that makes the guy look any dumber than he already does when he opens his mouth and starts talking.

Amir Khan has always been overrated, Maidana getting beaten by someone else more handily doesn't have any impact on that opinion.

Comment

He's an inside fighter, always has been. That's where his best work is, and that's where his best work will remain. Why do people assume he's a boxer? In fact, the only time I saw him "box" was in the Ortiz fight whe nhe had to pull the counter punches out the bag.
          Before the Bradley fight, he was considered a boxer and people assumed he would outbox the "wild come forward fighter" in Bradley. It was only once that fight played out and we saw Bradley box and Peterson do his best work inside that Peterson started to become known as an inside fighter.

Comment

big problem with Khan is his chin, not really glass but not solid as well...

Comment

Peterson is a boxer puncher bro,no doubt about it..To call him anything else is just wrong..How many fights have you seen of Peterson??Cause Peterson showed on the come up that he was a very good boxer with a great jab..He has a brawler mentality(which serves him well)but Peterson is a boxer puncher..Not just some inside fighter bro...

Comment

I am a Khan fan and his stock is down a lot. IMO maidana is done, he has been in a lot of tough fights and he did take a lot of sure vs Khan too.blah not have showed it, but it isn't healthy to get hit so much.

As Khan's stock went up after Kotelnik-Alexander, it has gone down for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Before the Bradley fight, he was considered a boxer and people assumed he would outbox the "wild come forward fighter" in Bradley. It was only once that fight played out and we saw Bradley box and Peterson do his best work inside that Peterson started to become known as an inside fighter.
                  Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Peterson is a boxer puncher bro,no doubt about it..To call him anything else is just wrong..How many fights have you seen of Peterson??Cause Peterson showed on the come up that he was a very good boxer with a great jab..He has a brawler mentality(which serves him well)but Peterson is a boxer puncher..Not just some inside fighter bro...
                  I forget what people considered him prior to the bradley fight. I've followed Lamont for a long time though, don't know much about his brother, but Lamont has always brought a good, long jab to his fights.. and some incredible work in the phonebooth.

he's always been amazing in the inside, and trainers like Roach and Mayweather who had worked with him at some point during his Amateur career always complimented him for his strength and ability inside.

It was that little fact that made me a Bradley fan, as Lamont was able to fight Bradley in the area he is best at, and IMO, prior to that fight, was the best in the division at - and lost.

In short - Petersons best work is in the inside, he's most comfortable inside, and some point he will ALWAYS try to get in your chest and work inside. Obviously, every round starts with the fighters in the opposite corner, so he has to WORK to get inside - He doesn't just rush in there ala Hatton, or Bradley/Berto (as of late), and he doesn't "wait" for a chance to get in there like Ortiz. He uses his jab and subtle feints and headmovements to do it. it just so happens, the kid is talented enough to make that distance work for him to, but don't get it confused, the kids definitely an inside fighter. It just isn't his "only" way of being successful.

Hell, I've seen hagler box the breaks of guys in his day, dancing, moving, etc. But I won't dare call him a defensive counter puncher based off teh fact that he "could" do it.

I think the style a fighter uses to climb the ranks doesn't tell teh entire story. It's easy to do it all against lesser opposition. Winky use to dance in circles around his opponents, would never sit still. What did he do against elite competition though? He high guarded and never stepped backwards. He became a pressure fighter pretty much, always stepping forward with his jab and high guard. You won't see him do that at ALL in his 40 fights before Vargas.
                  Last edited by intoccabile; 02-27-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
                    I am a Khan fan and his stock is down a lot. IMO maidana is done, he has been in a lot of tough fights and he did take a lot of sure vs Khan too.blah not have showed it, but it isn't healthy to get hit so much.

As Khan's stock went up after Kotelnik-Alexander, it has gone down for this fight.
                    True, Khans stock has dropped so much since the summer. I actually think there would have been a fair chance Floyd would have fought him in May had he beat Peterson, but he blew it (although i thought he won, it was a disappointing performance)

Amir had better impress in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      You sound like a Khan nut swinger bro,but if ya wanna talk facts(that have to do with this thread mind you)Bradley has dominated all of his opponents..Khan can not say the same,end of story....

Except Junior "THE ****TER" Witter. . This thread was a "Khan hate thread", plain and simple. . . TS was trying to be underhand slick by disguising true intent.

Comment

Working...
                      X