Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**** Marcos Maidan vs Devon Alexander + Broner vs Perez RBR and discussion thread****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    He had a couple of small changes that really helped. He don't just throw arm punches or throw shots just anywhere or at the gloves. He picked his shots much, much better and used different strengths and speeds of punches. He had started throwing just lots of useless arm punches without thinking in his last few fights at 140.

He also fought with angles a lot more. He had often just stood in front without using any smart movement. He was much better this time than any fight I've seen of him so far.

The whole night was full of good fighters coming out or coming back.
    I felt his footwork was vastly improved in this fight.

Don't know if you notice that but I felt it was much much better in comparison to his last fight.

How much that has to do with Maidana I don't know, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I suggest you watch Bradley-Alexander again. He wobbled him a couple of times, and oh by the way DEVON QUIT.
      I can watch it 1000 times and see the same thing. Head butt after head butt landing and while I do agree Alexander quit like a girl. Bradley did nothing in that fight to boast about. Bradley is going to get KTFO in the 7th or 8th round by Pac. He doesn't have the power to hurt Pac and he doesn't have the slickness of JMM to outbox Pac. It's going to be a beat down IMO as long ans Pac comes to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I suggest you watch Bradley-Alexander again. He wobbled him a couple of times, and oh by the way DEVON QUIT.
        Yeah, Bradley is a guy with little power but enough to hurt or stun you because he hits you with speed when you're not expecting it with those sneaky little counter rights especially. He still could shorten his shots to create even more impact but no one is going to just walk through his shots. He has been able to hurt Alexander and Peterson both. Those guys have good chins, so it's not like its nothing when he hits you flush.

Comment

• First Khan loses to Peterson and then Maidana gets dominated by Alexander.
          hmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I agree.

Still, he wasn't impressive in that fight either.

He always seem's so lethargic to me and his power is overrated.

Still, he's a good guy to have on your resume and Alexander get's full credit for beating him.
            Absolutely. Not going to talk sh** about Maidana getting robbed and then say Alexander doesn't get credit. Especially because no one has ever beat down Maidana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
              Got what I expected in the Devon fight. Meh.

That Broner though, man I didn't expect him to walk through Eloy like that. I'm starting to believe the hype.
              Same here. I've been saying Devon by easy, wide UD all week, and of course nobody listened. But I didn't listen when people were saying Broner was the truth. I thought a fast, smart fighter like Perez would expose Broner. I came away very impressed tonight and a fan of Broner's work in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I want to go back to the last post we had about Broner and Mayweather, I don't feel like going back and searching for it.

I know Floyd is a great athlete one of the finest in the sport in a long time but he has always been a guy that wanted to put himself in the best possible position and the guy across from him at his biggest disadvantage.

Broner doesn't have that same approach, he basically comes in puts his nuts on the table and says lets see what you can do about this. Even if he emulates Floyd's moves the reasons behind doing them are different, now they can still be effective but it is not the same.

To me his appraoch is much more like Jones than Mayweather even if he uses Floyd's tricks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                  I can watch it 1000 times and see the same thing. Head butt after head butt landing and while I do agree Alexander quit like a girl. Bradley did nothing in that fight to boast about. Bradley is going to get KTFO in the 7th or 8th round by Pac. He doesn't have the power to hurt Pac and he doesn't have the slickness of JMM to outbox Pac. It's going to be a beat down IMO as long ans Pac comes to fight.

The headbutt that cut alexander was 100% a butt by devon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
                    I know both of you guys are two of Bradley's biggest fans (along with Rome), so I'm curious as to what you guys think about all the hate directed at Bradley.

FWIW I actually think he will beat Pacquiao June 9th
                    I think it's just all the talk about Bradley and headbutts and being average. Once a few people start saying it, others jump on. It doesn't matter because he keeps on winning and others keep on doubting him. The evidence is right there though in how easy he makes his wins over these guys look when they go on to beat other to tier fighters in the division.

Comment

• before I start to hype up Devon, I need to know what was wrong with Maidana. I feel there gotta be something wrong with him as he seemed to fight without inspiration and felt to be sad in the post interview, like someone close had recently passed away or something like that. There wasn't the usual fire in his determination and the way he walk forward with rage in his eyes.

Maybe something comes up post fight, let's wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X