Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Vitali Klitschko be voted into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Not a chance. Not the best HW of his era, lost to the best opponents he faced and doesn't have significant win, let alone a signature one. No, no, no.
    He will get in though. Guaranteed.

I consider him borderline myself, probably wouldn't vote for him considering there would likely be a lot more deserving on the Ballot and that's even outside of the 1 or 2 clear locks that are there most years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Coming back after 4 years and regaining a title without so much as a tuneup has never been done before by any fighter at any weight. He's a special talent and EASILY a HOF'er.
      most definitely a hof'er but his resume is too weak to be considered at top 10 or even 15 atg

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        most definitely a hof'er but his resume is too weak to be considered at top 10 or even 15 atg
        I'm not so sure. He's ranked like 6th on the list of HW title fight wins even with the layoff, has held the title 3 different times, came back to regain the title after 4 years outside the ring and was still going strong at 41 years of age. He would be in my top ten.

Sometimes being an ATG is not based solely on the resume IMO.

Comment

• no but he will be

Comment

• What exactly are Quitali's HOF credentials?

Comment

• Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
              no but he will be
              So why do you think he will even if he doesn't deserve it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                What exactly are Quitali's HOF credentials?
                winning the title after a 3 yr layoff at the age of 37 and his number of title defenses combined should put him in there altho his competition isnt nearly good enough to crack him in the top 15 atg list. just my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  I wouldn't vote for him on a first ballot. He goes in on a first ballot so it likely won't matter.
                  Yes, I imagine he'll go in on the first ballot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Coming back after 4 years and regaining a title without so much as a tuneup has never been done before by any fighter at any weight. He's a special talent and EASILY a HOF'er.
                    He fought Sam Peer. A washed up one. Big ****ing whoop.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      He will get in though. Guaranteed.

I consider him borderline myself, probably wouldn't vote for him considering there would likely be a lot more deserving on the Ballot and that's even outside of the 1 or 2 clear locks that are there most years.
                      Definitely won't get my vote. No paper champs in the Hall, please!

Comment

Working...
                      X