Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Mayweather=Gatti vs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing Cotto and Gatti is laughable at best. While we're at it, let's compare Wladimir Klitschko and Michael Spinks. Seem pretty similar to me.

Comment

We can only hope not. It's actually painful to watch Gatto - Mayweather all the way through. Gatti just takes such a beating it's hard for some people to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by UnifiedD View Post
        Cotto vsMayweather=Gatti vs Mayweather?
        Why compare Miguel to Gatti in the first place? Anyway I don't think the results will be the same as the Mayweather-Gatti result. Miguel has a good chance for the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          Cotto is better than Judah. I'm just saying when he fights the best, he fails the majority of the time. Like Judah. I mean the only fighter Cotto is known for beating is Mosley. Take away Mosley and what do you have?
          Who exactly at the time was Cotto supposed to fight? You're way off point. Miguel has a great resume and fought anyone that he possibly could. Cotto beating Mosley was greater than any Mayweather win so I don't know how you're yapping(corrales maybe?). The Clottey, Torres, and Judah wins were also good wins. Anyone can sit there, sit back years later, and try to pick out places where a fighter struggled. Miguel has given every opponent he has faced a tough time or won(except pac).

As for the question. I know you're asking but if anyone feels this way, you don't know **** about the sport. Floyd might win a lot of rounds, I could see this but the rounds will be competitive. There will be no beat down and Floyd might be hurt more than a few times in this fight. This is Floyds hardest fight in years.
          Last edited by Check; 02-18-2012, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Here's where I think people get confused with power. I think a lot of people are thinking Mayweather can overwhelm Miguel dude to speed but Manny is just as fast as Mayweather. The difference is, sneaky speed. Manny has sneaky speed and when he caught Miguel in the third round and knocked him down, it was sneaky speed. That sneaky punch shook Miguel to the core and he was never the same, Pac pounced from then on forward. Till that punch though, Miguel showed he could handle the speed and power of Pac. Mayweather doesn't bring that aspect to his fight game and that is why Cotto is going to be able to stand toe to toe with him and do well. Mayweather is still gifted enough to win more of the exchanges and look flashy, getting the rounds but there won't be any blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by titler
              watch the first 3 rounds against pac,cotto was extremely sharp and at a catchweight...Cotto complained about being starved the whole time and as we can see he's all the way at 154 now

Cotto was drained but still impressive until a brutal knockdown which sent him on the defensive and some people talk down about him due to the backfoot fighting he did from the 4th round onwards but anyone else would not have gotton up from that uppercut

anyways i think he'll lose badly to Mayweather but to say he never gave pac trouble is rubbish
              I addressed this in my next post. He gave Pac trouble early but after that it was not good. Don't agree with him losing badly to Mayweather though. Maybe on judges cards it might be 10 rounds to 2 but virtually every round is going to be high drama.

Comment

Miguel Cotto is no Gatti.

He is a FAR superior fighter

Win or lose against Mayweather he will do Much better than Gatti who fought like a human punchbag

Cotto has the tools to make this more than interesting, Floyd has a fight on his hands here

Comment

Originally posted by UnifiedD View Post
                  just one of the possible outcomes...cotto still looks awkward when he tries to box...don't get me wrong i like cotto too
                  No, it will look exactly like Mayweather vs Bruselles if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Miguel Cotto is no Gatti.

He is a FAR superior fighter

Win or lose against Mayweather he will do Much better than Gatti who fought like a human punchbag

Cotto has the tools to make this more than interesting, Floyd has a fight on his hands here
                    People even bringing it up as a possibility, shame on them. Either they are just being disrespectful to a great fighter like Miguel or they are trying to set up some disrespectful **** towards Mayweather if he happens to struggle with Miguel. Styles make fights and Mayweather will likely have much more trouble with Miguel than Manny but that certainly doesn't make Manny the better fighter. Either way no body better be talking smack about Miguel. Dude is one of the best fighters and laid it on the line so many times.

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
                      No, it will look exactly like Mayweather vs Bruselles if anything.
                      No it wont, Cotto is 100x the fighter Brussles was, just coz they are pals dont make them the same fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X