No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Still The Straw That Stirs The Drink… And Emotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
    Most you dudes don't **** aboutboxing let alone ball.

What he said was correct. **** even espn debated the same topic.
    This is his defense and the same for his "#MoneyTeam". But what they leave out is that what was argued on ESPN is if race is a factor (and I agree, it's PART of the story). Floyd's insistence is that it's ALL about his race, and that what he's doing is hardly unique.

That's the part that's bulls(p)it. Plus, he's the one that came back and played the race card - same as every other time he's in trouble. "Oh, it's because I'm young, black and rich."

If anyone can take Lin's stats and his situation prior to getting the job and point to anyone else who's done as much in a similar period, I'll gladly concede that Floyd has a point. There are a lot of factors for Lin getting the hype. Race is a small part of the equation. Playing in NY, his education, where the Knicks were at prior to the streak, etc.

There were a lot of reasons Tebow Time was off the charts. His being white had nothing (or at least very little) to it.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with debating. Opinions are fine, but there still has to come a level of responsibility, especially when you are a superstar. Just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
      This is his defense and the same for his "#MoneyTeam". But what they leave out is that what was argued on ESPN is if race is a factor (and I agree, it's PART of the story). Floyd's insistence is that it's ALL about his race, and that what he's doing is hardly unique.

That's the part that's bulls(p)it. Plus, he's the one that came back and played the race card - same as every other time he's in trouble. "Oh, it's because I'm young, black and rich."

If anyone can take Lin's stats and his situation prior to getting the job and point to anyone else who's done as much in a similar period, I'll gladly concede that Floyd has a point. There are a lot of factors for Lin getting the hype. Race is a small part of the equation. Playing in NY, his education, where the Knicks were at prior to the streak, etc.

There were a lot of reasons Tebow Time was off the charts. His being white had nothing (or at least very little) to it.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with debating. Opinions are fine, but there still has to come a level of responsibility, especially when you are a superstar. Just the way it is.
      The bold is not what he tried to imply. He said Lin was good but added that part of the reason he is getting so much hype is because he is asian. So how do take that as PBF is only talking about race if he said Lin was good? What Lin doing is not unique to the NBA the only unique part of it is that Lin is not from a basketball powerhouse college and asian. PG's have averages 20 & 10 for whole seasons let alone 4 games so its not unique its really a novelty but it does deserve some mention, recognition and respect there is no doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
        i only have one word for the clown...he's a coward!
        That's three words.

Comment

I love how Floyd being "racist" brings out the racist in all of us. Lol. Racism is alive and well and it's never going anywhere.

Christ, sometimes I wish humanity would just be wipe out off the face of the earth. People are so damn hateful toward people of different "race" from their own that it sickens me to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post

Jake, I agree with you about Floyd being his own worst enemy with the things he says. But as was the case with Tebow, Tiger Woods, the Williams sisters, and other instances, I can see his point. Lin is a novelty and he's talked about a lot more because he's very different than the average player in that sport, well that and the fact that he plays in NYC. If he was a black dude or a white dude and putting up the same numbers the media would not be making this as big of a story as this is currently. It would still be a story, but it wouldn't be anywhere near the big deal that it is today. I'm sure the NBA knows this and they are milking it for all they can so they can get a new audience to their game which has been declining in popularity over the last several years.

Comment

Originally posted by ghidra View Post
              Jake, I agree with you about Floyd being his own worst enemy with the things he says. But as was the case with Tebow, Tiger Woods, the Williams sisters, and other instances, I can see his point. Lin is a novelty and he's talked about a lot more because he's very different than the average player in that sport, well that and the fact that he plays in NYC. If he was a black dude or a white dude and putting up the same numbers the media would not be making this as big of a story as this is currently. It would still be a story, but it wouldn't be anywhere near the big deal that it is today. I'm sure the NBA knows this and they are milking it for all they can so they can get a new audience to their game which has been declining in popularity over the last several years.
              Good post!!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                Yeah they worked. Made him look more ignorant. More racist. And more hated. It got him the wrong attention. He is so ****** that he dont know you can make more money when people love you rather than hate you. When you do good more people will want to see you PAY to see you. Hes a dumbass` plain and simple. And a very bad business person for this reason. lol to think that being racist PAYS mossy is insanely funny. No..i didnt work.
                This could possibly make sense except for the small issue with Floyd being one of the highest paid athletes and ****...

Keep talking about him though, it only builds his name and keeps him relevant. He should be paying you, you put in more work than any of the people that arent closet fans. We all know you are one of his biggest fans.

Im sure you havent noticed but theres usually 5-10 active topics about Floyd at any given time. Rarely do I see threads about Pac that arent immediately related to Floyd. Huh? Thats strange... Why does no one care to talk about Pac unless its about Floyd... Interesting observation there...

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                  This could possibly make sense except for the small issue with Floyd being one of the highest paid athletes and ****...

Keep talking about him though, it only builds his name and keeps him relevant. He should be paying you, you put in more work than any of the people that arent closet fans. We all know you are one of his biggest fans.

Im sure you havent noticed but theres usually 5-10 active topics about Floyd at any given time. Rarely do I see threads about Pac that arent immediately related to Floyd. Huh? Thats strange... Why does no one care to talk about Pac unless its about Floyd... Interesting observation there...
                  Do you even realize how ****** this sounds. Of course you don't. How does talking bad about someone build their name up lol. I'm just one of many. Some don't follow ignorance up. I do. I choose to expose him. Reveal what he really is and isn't. How on earth that builds someone's popularity is beyond me lol. No one talks about Manny because he's not a women beating criminal tweeting attention whore. You fail every time you try. You poor thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    Do you even realize how ****** this sounds. Of course you don't. How does talking bad about someone build their name up lol. I'm just one of many. Some don't follow ignorance up. I do. I choose to expose him. Reveal what he really is and isn't. How on earth that builds someone's popularity is beyond me lol. No one talks about Manny because he's not a women beating criminal tweeting attention whore. You fail every time you try. You poor thing.
                    again, you're talking about him, so yet again, you proved everyones point for...the third time today? or 4th? I dont even know anymore...

Comment

'Floyd Mayweather trashes Jeremy Lin' ?? Funny, I read his comments and I did'nt get that. Did i miss something? He said 'Jeremy is a good player' thats all he said about Jeremy. The rest of what he said was not about Jeremy it was about some fans and media who over-react to the accomplishments of non black players. Those same fans and media [ this writer included] have over-reacted to Floyd pointing out what he considers racist attitudes. He is exercising his right and if it bothers you too much' you might be a redneck!

Comment

Working...
                      X