Comments Thread For: Adamek is Eager To Fight David Haye, Even in England

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
    Bad idea adamek, you would get knocked out cold
    ...this dude!!!...whatever man!!....I've been waiting for this fight for about 2 or 3 years now....I've always felt like Adamek would knock Haye out...point blank....I'll put some money on that!!

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
      Adamek is much smaller then what david is used to fighting , he is also slow and dossent have the strength of fysics to keep haye from landing the big bombs.

Haye might have a low workrate but its because he can get a way with it and still land the punches that count.

One thing is for sure adamek aint no wlad .

But it dos not matter enyways haye seem contempt with his retirement
      Uhmmmm, what gives the impression that Adamek is slow compared to other heavyweights?
      Last edited by Mr. Invincible; 02-06-2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

This is one of the most exciting possible heavyweight fights. These 2 should have fought at Cruiser, but would still make for a very good scrap at heavy. Neither are big enough to ever beat a Klit, but would make a great fight with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
          This is one of the most exciting possible heavyweight fights. These 2 should have fought at Cruiser, but would still make for a very good scrap at heavy. Neither are big enough to ever beat a Klit, but would make a great fight with each other.
          I toe-tally agree with that.

Comment

Haye will only step in the ring again if the opponent is Vitali Klitschko. And this might never happen.

Comment

Adamek versus Haye the Pole versus the fool. good fight make it happen. two evenly matched foes.

Comment

You should change the thread title to "The sky is blue and David Haye is still a poosie".

Good to see he's still wildly overrated by his fanboys. You cant heat adamek without crazy heart and we all know haye doesnt have that.

This alleged devastating power of haye is a myth in real live but alive and well still in his fanboys minds.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
                  Both Haye and Adamek are essentially overblown Cruiserweights, hence it isn't outrageous to go back a bit to their cruiser days to see how this fight might turn out. Do that and you see the last fighter Haye knocked out was Macca, and before that Mormeck. Macca's chin turned out to be glass, but Mormeck was a respectable win at the time. Before that Haye had a string of vicious knockouts, some over very tough guys like Fragomeni. Haye's power at Cruiser was immense.

And whilst it's true that Adamek's never been knocked out cold, he's very susceptible to being stunned. Even the relatively light punching Cunningham had him nearly out of there in the fourth rounds of their fight, as did Banks, and Haye is vicious when he sees fighters hurt. It's not totally out of the realms of possibility for Haye to stun Adamek, flurry him up against the ropes and either get a ref stoppage or a bonafide knockout.

What makes Haye "exciting" in a lot of his fights is the wire-edge buzz he brings, the "anything can happen so don't blink" type of feeling. He was one of the few fighters whom I really enjoyed watching live, because I knew it could turn on a dime, either way. I wouldn't, of course, consider any of his recent fights classics however, and am not immune to his many defects.

Saying that I'd give Haye a 60/40 chance to beat Adamek. HW resumes are kind of irrelevant in H2H matchups, and the fact that Adamek outboxed Arreola means very little at all here. Adamek is just too slow and his defence is too open to not get hit by a big one at some point in the fight, and whilst his chin is pretty good he can, like I said, get rocked and when he does he tends to fall to pot stylistically. Haye's chin isn't any better of course, but he's shown quite a bit of canniness in hiding it of late, and my gut feeling is he jabs and boxes from the outside for the first few rounds, getting his measure and his timing, before exploding mid rounds or so, stunning Adamek and flurrying him for the stoppage. Adamek has a chance to win, but he'll need to be smarter than Haye and impose his will on him early to get him out of his rhythm. I just don't see that as the likely course of events.
                  Tremendous post Ovah.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
                    I think Haye's boxing skill gets a little undervalued. He uses the ring well to avoid damage, has pretty good head movement and excellent timing. In fact his timing coupled with his speed are what enable him to land his wild winging haymakers in the first place.

Adamek's skills as I see them are a better, more consistent workrate, generally better combination attacks and crisper more compact punching technique. He also possesses a marginally better chin, and more willingness to put himself into the fire, neither of which would help him much here.
                    I will agree that Haye moves well. However, in my opinion, that is all he really does well. What I am saying is he can't box while moving. When he slows down he gets tagged and hurt from fighters such as a very old Ruiz. Because when he moves he does nothing else but move. And that may be great for a ballet performance but as we have witnessed it doesn't make for very good boxing. And as far as his timing is concerned. If I was timing so few punches during a 12 round fight I may land a few myself. And as far as Haye landing his wild shots. His only win over a in his prime world class fighter was his win over Enzo Macc, and that sould be enough said but I will say more. For a fighter with such fast hands I could count on the my ten fingers and possibly have to use my toes to count how many meaningful shots he actually landed on Valuev and Wlad combined. That is while he was moving so well.

Comment

Is Haye going to make this fight? I'll believe it when I see it. He was offered a fight with Vitali AGAIN but bottled out AGAIN. This fight with Adamek, if it happened, could be an idea for Haye: he wins this and he's legit again on the scene while Vitali is getting older every day. Haye will be watching the fight with Chisora very closely methinks, if Vitali looks less than stellar Haye will come back.

Comment

Working...
                      X