Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek is Eager To Fight David Haye, Even in England

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to agree with the prediction of a Haye KO.

His speed is great for a 'heavyweight', he hits vey hard, he avoids punches well. I don't think it would be an overly difficult fight for him in all honesty. One poor night out and all of the positive things he has go out the window, it seems.

Comment

Haye's ducking again.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
        Haye's ducking again.
        that was quick, give the guy a chance to response

Comment

This is the fight that should of happened at CW... they should do it.

Comment

This would be quite a good fight. Adamek has quite a good chin. I'd favour Haye though. I don't think he will go for it though because he is only interested in beating one of the Klitschkos.

I'd prefer to see Arreola fight Haye. I know Adamek beat Arreola, but I think Arreola has the power to knockout Haye whereas Adamek doesn't. I'd still have Haye as favourite though.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
              When was the last time Haye knocked anybody out cold? When was the last time Adamek got knocked out cold?
              Both Haye and Adamek are essentially overblown Cruiserweights, hence it isn't outrageous to go back a bit to their cruiser days to see how this fight might turn out. Do that and you see the last fighter Haye knocked out was Macca, and before that Mormeck. Macca's chin turned out to be glass, but Mormeck was a respectable win at the time. Before that Haye had a string of vicious knockouts, some over very tough guys like Fragomeni. Haye's power at Cruiser was immense.

And whilst it's true that Adamek's never been knocked out cold, he's very susceptible to being stunned. Even the relatively light punching Cunningham had him nearly out of there in the fourth rounds of their fight, as did Banks, and Haye is vicious when he sees fighters hurt. It's not totally out of the realms of possibility for Haye to stun Adamek, flurry him up against the ropes and either get a ref stoppage or a bonafide knockout.

Haye has such a dog**** work rate, he fights so negatively it amazes me how anybody can say he's an exciting fighter. I think Adamek has a very live chance of outworking him & taking a decision. After all he outfoxed Arreola who IMO is better win than anybody of Hayes resume at HW.
              Hell I'd say Michael Grant was too.
              What makes Haye "exciting" in a lot of his fights is the wire-edge buzz he brings, the "anything can happen so don't blink" type of feeling. He was one of the few fighters whom I really enjoyed watching live, because I knew it could turn on a dime, either way. I wouldn't, of course, consider any of his recent fights classics however, and am not immune to his many defects.

Saying that I'd give Haye a 60/40 chance to beat Adamek. HW resumes are kind of irrelevant in H2H matchups, and the fact that Adamek outboxed Arreola means very little at all here. Adamek is just too slow and his defence is too open to not get hit by a big one at some point in the fight, and whilst his chin is pretty good he can, like I said, get rocked and when he does he tends to fall to pot stylistically. Haye's chin isn't any better of course, but he's shown quite a bit of canniness in hiding it of late, and my gut feeling is he jabs and boxes from the outside for the first few rounds, getting his measure and his timing, before exploding mid rounds or so, stunning Adamek and flurrying him for the stoppage. Adamek has a chance to win, but he'll need to be smarter than Haye and impose his will on him early to get him out of his rhythm. I just don't see that as the likely course of events.
              Last edited by nomadman; 02-06-2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Haye would murder him.

Comment

Haye should take this fight, end ademek and give himself a better seat at the negotiation table for vitali especially if he beats adamek quicker, adds another angle and hype to the fight that will help promote it thats the way i see it.

Comment

Haye has more power and is faster and Adamek is by the far the better boxer. Matter of fact Adamek's boxing skills are way better than Haye's. And as far as Haye's power is concerned. It happens to be overrated because he wings his power punches. Something he will not get away with as much when he fights good fighters. Especially ones with great chins.

Comment

Adamek is slow? He sure as hell is not slow. He is every bit as fast as David ''Excuse-maker'' Haye.
                      He is more skilled than Haye, more experienced, has a better chin than Haye. He possesses a higher workrate & he sure as hell is more hungry and has a better gas-tank.

This would be a good 50/50 fight IMO
                      Yeah, pretty much. Haye has the edge in power, Adamek in guts and willpower.

Just because Vitali manhandled Adamek doesn't mean Haye would. Vitali would manhandle Haye just as bad or worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X