No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek is Eager To Fight David Haye, Even in England

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    I'd have to agree with the prediction of a Haye KO.

His speed is great for a 'heavyweight', he hits vey hard, he avoids punches well. I don't think it would be an overly difficult fight for him in all honesty. One poor night out and all of the positive things he has go out the window, it seems.
    The problem with Haye is he lacks guts and doesn't like getting hit by heavyweights.

He lost his taste for boxing as soon as he got hit a few times by Monte Barrett.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton LaVey View Post
      The problem with Haye is he lacks guts and doesn't like getting hit by heavyweights.

He lost his taste for boxing as soon as he got hit a few times by Monte Barrett.
      Adamek isn't a heavyweight either.

I'm pretty confident Haye can take punches at heavy, he took several clean shots from Wlad who hit's harder than anyone else he can come up against. Since being at heavy, he's not looked even remotely chinny like he did when he was cutting to cruiser.
      Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 02-06-2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Adamek could win; he will not get KO/TKO'ed. It will go the distance... Haye has power but not against a good Heavyweight. Like Haye, Adamek a Cruiserweight trying to find success as a Heavyweight. Haye found some success winning the WBA title but Holyfield beat Valuev and so did the Quiet Man, not on record though. Enough said...

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Adamek isn't a heavyweight either.

I'm pretty confident Haye can take punches at heavy, he took several clean shots from Wlad who hit's harder than anyone else he can come up against. Since being at heavy, he's not looked even remotely chinny like he did when he was cutting to cruiser.
          I didn't say he can't take the punches; I said he doesn't like getting hit by heavyweights. He lost his taste for boxing when he found out how much harder heavyweights hit.

Adamek might be acceptable as he isn't a true heavyweight, but does Haye want to fight anyone who doesn't bring him a max payday?

He should be set for life after the Wlad fight, but he probably would do it one more time for the right price.

Comment

if this fight did happen haye would win, likely by stoppage, but he doesn't have the appetite anymore, that much is clear, so this is just a pipe dream

Comment

Haye would stop Adamek.

Comment

Ademek is soo slow and predictable hes and easy fight i think a fight between haye and ademek would be a mismatch haye would just stand off ademek letting him come into range then letting his big shots go as ademek comes in.

I'll gave ademek about as much as a chance as i gave him for vitali NO chance.

Comment

Sellable fight. Enough Poles in London to fill out Wembley Arena or the O2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                    Haye has more power and is faster and Adamek is by the far the better boxer. Matter of fact Adamek's boxing skills are way better than Haye's. And as far as Haye's power is concerned. It happens to be overrated because he wings his power punches. Something he will not get away with as much when he fights good fighters. Especially ones with great chins.
                    I think Haye's boxing skill gets a little undervalued. He uses the ring well to avoid damage, has pretty good head movement and excellent timing. In fact his timing coupled with his speed are what enable him to land his wild winging haymakers in the first place.

Adamek's skills as I see them are a better, more consistent workrate, generally better combination attacks and crisper more compact punching technique. He also possesses a marginally better chin, and more willingness to put himself into the fire, neither of which would help him much here.

Comment

Did he not get the memo?

Comment

Working...
                      X