No announcement yet.

Donaire P4P No3?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Well yea that's true. But, that's how it should be because Floyd and Pac are and should be held to a different standard. Yea they're ATG fighters. Donaire isn't. Hell at this point he isn't even a HOF'er.

But, the only thing that links Donaire to Floyd and Pac is the silly P4P list. But, he isn't on their level and might never be. So of course Floyd and Pac should be criticize way more than Donaire should be if they have questionable performances against a WV2 level opponent.
    well if u put it that way, then u are absolutely right. ppl (including myself) get carried away with the p4p hype. i think i expected more tho. i really thought hed run thru wv2, whose a lot more naturally gifted than i thought.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      well if u put it that way, then u are absolutely right. ppl (including myself) get carried away with the p4p hype. i think i expected more tho. i really thought hed run thru wv2, whose a lot more naturally gifted than i thought.
      I thought so too, I was disappointed in his performance. Even though it seems he broke his hand in 2 places in round 4. But, what upsets me more about Donaire is not this performance.

Is that he will be fighting Narvaez, WV2, and Arce. Back-to-back-to-back. That level of comp is ridiculous. Compare that to what someone like Marez(who might not have the talent of Donaire) comp has been in the last 3 fights. It's kind of pathetic.
      Last edited by jrosales13; 02-05-2012, 02:53 AM.

Comment

I thought so too, I was disappointed in his performance. Even though it seems he broke his hand in 2 places in round 4. But, what upsets me more about Donaire is not this performance.

Is that he will be fighting Narvaez, WV2, and Arce. Back-to-back-to-back. That level of comp is ridiculous. Compare that to what someone like Marez(who might have the talent of Donaire) comp has been in the last 3 fights. It's kind of pathetic.
        IDK about that "broken hand". From the pictures I've seen, he has a broken finger and IMO the blood came out of some knuckle gasps since blood doesn't comes out of a broken bone lol.

Now about the competition, I agree that it would be pretty awful to see him against Arce. After seeing this fight I'm very intrigued in a Donaire - Nishioka bout. Nishioka is a pretty good boxer and by the way Nonito fought today Nishioka could even be favorite for this one.

Comment

Is that he will be fighting Narvaez, WV2, and Arce. Back-to-back-to-back. That level of comp is ridiculous. Compare that to what someone like Marez(who might have the talent of Donaire) comp has been in the last 3 fights. It's kind of pathetic.
          ive been saying this for some time as well. truly disappointing. is the arce fight confirmed? a few days ago, i thought he said he wanted nishi next? that fight would have been worth it, imo.

Comment

nah man,,im hatin on nonito right now too but comparing him to mares is just ridiculous homie....really is....mares aint got **** on nonito and even if mares beats moreno (noway) he's still would'nt be par with nonito....not talentwise, not resume wise, not opponent wise . it 's impossible to justify that...

moreno on the otherhand tho is something else....skillwise!

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              IDK about that "broken hand". From the pictures I've seen, he has a broken finger and IMO the blood came out of some knuckle gasps since blood doesn't comes out of a broken bone lol.

Now about the competition, I agree that it would be pretty awful to see him against Arce. After seeing this fight I'm very intrigued in a Donaire - Nishioka bout. Nishioka is a pretty good boxer and by the way Nonito fought today Nishioka could even be favorite for this one.
              nishi wouldnt be the favorite, if only because most outside of japan wouldnt know who he is. but imo, he'd be the best boxer donaire has ever fought. i really hope thats his next fight. he doesnt really have an excuse for not making it happen. esp if hes claiming he doesnt wanna fight rigondeaux.

Comment

ive been saying this for some time as well. truly disappointing. is the arce fight confirmed? a few days ago, i thought he said he wanted nishi next? that fight would have been worth it, imo.
                Rigondeaux and Nishioka are the only fights I want to see for Nonito at 122. But Arum will match him up with the popular Arce for the money.

With his recent trouble with Vazquez's size and his declaration of staying at 122 I expect Donaire to fight Arce before Nishioka. It will also be a while before he fights Rigondeaux, Arum will match Donaire up with Marquez and Takalani before Rigondeaux.
                Last edited by AdamantiumPI; 02-05-2012, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post

I saw it on twitter. It's not official though

"Overhearing that nonito donaire broke his hand in two places. @wv2 has a hard dome."

Yea Donaire said it, Chavez also said he wanted to fight Martinez . It's not official, but I'm pretty sure they're going to make Arce the next opponent.

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  nah man,,im hatin on nonito right now too but comparing him to mares is just ridiculous homie....really is....mares aint got **** on nonito and even if mares beats moreno (noway) he's still would'nt be par with nonito....not talentwise, not resume wise, not opponent wise . it 's impossible to justify that...

moreno on the otherhand tho is something else....skillwise!
                  I meant to put that Mares might NOT have the talent level of Donaire. That is my **** up. My bad.

But, if you look at Mares last 3 opponents Agbeko(2x), Darchinyan, and Perez. That's way better than Donaire 2 opponents of Arce, WV2, and Narvaez. Hell give me Morel(rumored to being Mares next opponent)>>>Arce at this stage. And, yea Mares doesn't even have the talent level of Donaire. Which is pretty whack.

And, you damn right Donaire doesn't have the skill level of Moreno.

Comment

nishi wouldnt be the favorite, if only because most outside of japan wouldnt know who he is. but imo, he'd be the best boxer donaire has ever fought. i really hope thats his next fight. he doesnt really have an excuse for not making it happen. esp if hes claiming he doesnt wanna fight rigondeaux.
                    I agree. Nishioka is the guy to beat at 122 because he has established himself at 122. Donaire has just moved up and Rigondeaux only has nine fights. You have always been very knowledgeable of japanese fighters in this forum. Are you japanese?

Comment

I saw it on twitter. It's not official though

"Overhearing that nonito donaire broke his hand in two places. @wv2 has a hard dome."

Yea Donaire said it, Chavez also said he wanted to fight Martinez . It's not official, but I'm pretty sure they're going to make Arce the next opponent.

I meant to put that Mares might NOT have the talent level of Donaire. That is my **** up. My bad.

But, if you look at Mares last 3 opponents Agbeko(2x), Darchinyan, and Perez. That's way better than Donaire 2 opponents of Arce, WV2, and Narvaez. Hell give me Morel(rumored to being Mares next opponent)>>>Arce at this stage. And, yea Mares doesn't even have the talent level of Donaire. Which is pretty whack.

And, you damn right Donaire doesn't have the skill level of Moreno.
                      i was gonna agree with the whole post until the last sentence.....theres a reason why moreno said he would need a couple of fights before nonito homie....and that reason is obvious.....LOL

but i do agree nonito's vulnerabality can be explotied by a guy like moreno...i doubt it tho...tell your boy to manup!

Comment

Working...
                      X