Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

154 is one of the sports hottest divisions. why dont sergio martinez just move down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 154 is one of the sports hottest divisions. why dont sergio martinez just move down?

and campaign at that weight? 160 is fairly weak with opposition. So many great matchups for sergio at 154. have a super six

Sergio Martinez
    Floyd Mayweather
    Miguel Cotto
    James Kirkland
    Saul Alvarez
    Paul Williams

Erislandy Lara is the best at 154 in my opinion.

Comment

not sure any of them would want to face him. only one i can think of for sure is erislandy lara. perhaps kirkland and molina, but besides that, cotto, alvarez, and martirosyan probably won't do it. they're hardly facing each other.

Comment

Because he's too heavy.

Comment

154 is a division that really needs a S6 type tournament.

As of right now no one stands out. It's filled with mediocre resumes.

And, the reason why Martinez doesn't go back down. Is because he will struggle making the weight. Hence why he's staying at MW.

Comment

He probably can't make 154 anymore without killing himself or else he would already be there.

154 has...

A. More quality opponents than his current division
            B. More "HBO friendly" opponents than his current division
            C. It's a division closer to all the big money fights he's been running his trap about trying to get

I can't think of any other logical reason why he would remain in such a dead division filled with nothing but faceless, no-name fighters instead of moving down where all the money is.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
              and campaign at that weight? 160 is fairly weak with opposition. So many great matchups for sergio at 154. have a super six

Sergio Martinez
              Floyd Mayweather
              Miguel Cotto
              James Kirkland
              Saul Alvarez
              Paul Williams
              I think he will if Mayweather beats Cotto. Martinez wants a big pay day and I don't see how anybody can blame him for that. He's in his late 30's and he desrves a big fight at this stage of his career.

Comment

I could have sworn Martinez did say something about moving back down. Maybe he was just talking out of his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  154 is a division that really needs a S6 type tournament.

As of right now no one stands out. It's filled with mediocre resumes.

And, the reason why Martinez doesn't go back down. Is because he will struggle making the weight. Hence why he's staying at MW.
                  This too^ Martinez walks around in the 170's so 154 is not going to be easy for him to make. Martinez will only drop the weight for a large paycheck and I can understand that.

Comment

Do you live in the real world?

Comment

Working...
                    X