Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

154 is one of the sports hottest divisions. why dont sergio martinez just move down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He cant comfortably make 154 he will only go down to that weight for Pac, May and Cotto its that simple.

I don't think he would be at his best at 154 either Sergio is not a small guy he has a physique more like a body builder than a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      I believe he is moving down after this fight with Macklin
      I do too I think he spent too much time and effort trying to get JCC Jr. to fight him, and it's obvious that's never going to happen. After the Macklin fight he should just move down and if necessary fight Lara. Of course the issue is always going to be are the top guys going to see the value in fighting him compared to the extreme risk of them getting their face taken off?

Comment

Why George W Bush wanted to be president?

Why would you ask a question you cant answer.

Comment

Sergio should fight at 154 it's where the money at get one of those belts then try to get all of them then call everybody out on their b.s.

Comment

I'd consider Floyd a WW jumping up to 154 for a fight or two at the most before his career is over.

If Sergio can make 154 healthy, and I think he can (he usually weighs in at 157-158 now), than he should jump down if he doesn't want to clean out MW completely and move up in weight.

Comment

Lou DiFatass is content having Sergio fight one Wal-Mart greeter after another. He doesn't want Sergio anywhere near legit fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
                and campaign at that weight? 160 is fairly weak with opposition. So many great matchups for sergio at 154. have a super six

Sergio Martinez
                Floyd Mayweather
                Miguel Cotto
                James Kirkland
                Saul Alvarez
                Paul Williams
                Mayweather is not a 154lbs fighter unless he states that is his intentions.
                Alvarez is entirely unproven. Kirkland is mostly overrated. Williams close to done. Cotto only has a couple more fights left probably.

What he should do is fight the best guys at 160. Stop holding out to fight Pac/Floyd/Cotto as it probably won't happen.

But sure. If he wants a big money fight he should campaign at 154. The chance of him getting one is possibly bigger there.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                  Mayweather is not a 154lbs fighter unless he states that is his intentions.
                  Alvarez is entirely unproven. Kirkland is mostly overrated. Williams close to done. Cotto only has a couple more fights left probably.

What he should do is fight the best guys at 160. Stop holding out to fight Pac/Floyd/Cotto as it probably won't happen.

But sure. If he wants a big money fight he should campaign at 154. The chance of him getting one is possibly bigger there.
                  How is Kirkland overrated; because of his 1 loss without Wolfe?

Besides, TS left out Vanes, Angulo and about 3 up and comers.

If Mayweather is looking for the best fights, for the fans, it's at 154. 147 is done.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    How is Kirkland overrated; because of his 1 loss without Wolfe?

Besides, TS left out Vanes, Angulo and about 3 up and comers.

If Mayweather is looking for the best fights, for the fans, it's at 154. 147 is done.
                    Due to the way fans speak of him after his Angulo win. I'm far from convinced hes of the crème de la crème at 154. I actually suspect he will lose to Molina.

Outside of Angulo he just hasn't done much.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                      Due to the way fans speak of him after his Angulo win. I'm far from convinced hes of the crème de la crème at 154. I actually suspect he will lose to Molina.

Outside of Angulo he just hasn't done much.
                      What was he suppose to do career wise?

He was on a roll with Wolfe before going to prison for a year and a half. He was on his way to stepping up his comp. He gets out and drops Wolfe as his trainer. Gets back with Wolfe and smashes one of the top JMW in the division.

Canelo has been ducking him along with everyone else except for Williams (he'll fight anybody).

Kirkland will smash Molina and it won't even be close.

Right now, Kirk is the best at 154. It's not his fault the WBC allowed Canelo to duck him. If it weren't for them, Kirk would be champ right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X