No announcement yet.

How hyped are you for Mayweather/Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
    It doesn't matter if the fights at 154 or 160. Cotto is shot. How is Cotto the same guy when he's been beaten into submission/pulp by Margarito and Pacquiao? this was years ago. Stop trying to convince yourself this is a good fight.
    how you convince yourself Pac vs Cotto was a good fight he was beaten to a pulp by Margs and wasn't himself when he fought Pac, and it was at a catch weight

Yes Floyd vs Cotto isn't the best fight but at least we wont see a shot Cotto struggling to make weight, at this stage of his career

Comment

Originally posted by Roja's480 View Post
      how you convince yourself Pac vs Cotto was a good fight he was beaten to a pulp by Margs and wasn't himself when he fought Pac, and it was at a catch weight

Yes Floyd vs Cotto isn't the best fight but at least we wont see a shot Cotto struggling to make weight, at this stage of his career
      True this, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX2010 View Post
        Yet Pacquiao doesnt want to fight him...
        Because Pacquiao can't fight all fighters at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
          Mayweather isn't prime either, in fact he's OLDER than Miguel is, and has fought in more fights (42 vs 39)

This **** is getting old. Before Mayweather made the fight with Cotto, everytime a Floyd fan would proclaim "Mayweather wins this fight", the haters would jump at the opportunity to scream "Mayweather wins ALL fantasy fights doesn't he!?!?!?"

Now that the fight is signed, and sealed, Mayweather STILL gets no credit because Miguel is "SHOT"? are you ****ing kidding me, these idiot boxing stans are a joke

get the **** away from my sport, you dont know **** about it clearly
          Are you fuvking kidding me, you think Cotto still fresh as a daisy lol

well cotto been brutally beat two times now. Everyone was discrediting pac's win because of how Tony destroyed him. So now everyone is saying he is better after going trough two savage beatings??

Having said that I don't go that route anyway. I love this fight and I feel cotto will be competitive. But I just find it funny how floyd fans loved the word " leftover " and now flip flopping.

Now it's an old battle worn fighter. A left over ripe for the picking.

Floyd = waiting for Pac to get old

Floyd Jan 7th "I don't fight leftovers"... Ahhmmm Cotto??

That's about raps it up fan boy Flip Flopper
          Floyd: I rather fight Cotto for less than 40 million than fight Pac the legitimate threat.
          Last edited by Spoon23; 02-02-2012, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
            ****k it

Mayweather is going to beat his ass. He will continue were he left at with Ortiz and that's delivering an ass whopping. Cotto is going to get spanked by Mayweather. Still, this fight is better then Canelo, or Guerrero, and Khan is out of the picture. Who else is at 154? Kirkland? hahahah
            There's really no one else but pac, but he ducked him so it's Cotto lol

*****s: Cotto is a shot... pac/cotto 2 is a waste of time...
            *****s: Pac is fighting floyds leftovers

Floyd: I will fight cotto on may 5!

*****s: The fight of the century! This is it!

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

the worst fans in the century!

Comment

Just one thing to say...LOVE THIS FIGHT!!!!
              my two favourite fighters,not gonna even try break this fight down,just cant wait to sit down with a few beers and watch this with a big smile on my face hahaha

Comment

Its amazing that in this day and time, 2 losses mean that you are a shot fighter. Plus, I don't think anyone has considered the fact that the 2 losses could have been against 2 cheaters. Margarito had loaded wraps and Manny at that time could have been on performance enhancing drugs. On top of that, Cotto was drained.

Do I think he will beat Floyd? I truly don't know. Its very possible. Floyd has slowed down some himself. He's not the same fighter he was 5 years ago. I think it comes down to what style Cotto chooses to fight. If he gets aggressive and go back to throwing that wicked left hook to the body, it could be a long night for Floyd.

No fighter is invincible. All the greats lose. Floyd's time is coming.Will it be a seasoned fighter like Cotto or a young lion like Alverez or Khan? If Floyd wins after this fight, he needs to fight Manny and call it quits if he wants to stay undefeated. Fighting these young guys will definitely put his 0 in jeopardy. Floyd has gotten more flat footed. His defense, I admit, is still intact. He also seems to be more aggressive with his offense. But, that is what will leave him open to getting hit with something big. In the 4th round with Ortiz, Floyd threw a mean uppercut and received a viscious right hook to the jaw that drove him to the ropes.Then Ortiz loss his head and headbutted him. It still has me curious to what would have happened if the fight had went later in rounds. An old Mosley rocked him with a big right hand but couldn't finish him. So yes, Floyd can be touched.

I look for this fight to be much closer than what people are anticipating. I see Cotto taking an early lead, but slowing down after the 6th round. Floyd will turn it on and grind out a split decision.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  Mayweather isn't prime either, in fact he's OLDER than Miguel is, and has fought in more fights (42 vs 39)

This **** is getting old. Before Mayweather made the fight with Cotto, everytime a Floyd fan would proclaim "Mayweather wins this fight", the haters would jump at the opportunity to scream "Mayweather wins ALL fantasy fights doesn't he!?!?!?"

Now that the fight is signed, and sealed, Mayweather STILL gets no credit because Miguel is "SHOT"? are you ****ing kidding me, these idiot boxing stans are a joke

get the **** away from my sport, you dont know **** about it clearly
                  everyone's been saying he's done ever since he fought the crippled Foreman...

Comment

I am hyped for this fight but not as much as some other people. Im still excited but would have preferred it afew years back before Cotto had been involved in all those wars. At 154 though he is a tough challenge for Mayweather who didnt look great at that weight last time he fought a washed up Oscar.

Cotto looked almsot back to his best against Marg who himslef had seen better days. Handspeed isa key in this one. Cotto surprised people vs Shane that he was able to match his speed and time him. If he can do that here then Floyd has another long hard fight on his hands. he 1st round will reveal alot. If Floyd is able to get in first Cotto will plod forward onto a beating all night until he decides its time to back pedal and survive til the final bell.

Im thinking 117-111 for Floyd. Im not convinced Cotto has much of a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                      I rather see Floyd/Alvarez then a shot to pieces Cotto. I can't wait to hear how Mayweather's gonna put the spin on the promotion.

Mayweather- "Uhmm you know, Cotto, he's ummm.. you know. He has lots of fights and ummm..... he is a warrior, you know? uhmmm he's umm.. ummm.. errr umm..?......

It's going to be a mess! I hope somebody asks him why he's fighting Pac's leftovers. Floyd will stutter harder than Mosley trying to answer his name
                      LMAO Alvarez would take far more spin than Cotto. Cotto has nothing to prove, he has an outstanding resume, he is a great fighter to watch and in his only losses he was was getting hit by plaster and was catchweighted. Alvarez has potential but at 21 years old he is still developing, he has clear holes in his game, and hasn't fought anywhere near the competition required to be considered a legitimate opponent for Mayweather.

And you do know the false quote you just made up can be used to discredit Alvarez.

Mayweather"Uhmm you know, Alvarez, he's ummm.. you know. He's a young hungry warrior and ummm..... he's undefeated, you know? uhmmm he's umm.. ummm.. errr umm..?......

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                      Look at Cotto in 2009 and look at him in 2011......how much of a difference do you see??? Go watch him. His relfexes, ability, is pretty much the same, only he's fighting at 153-154 lbs, where he is a full fledge Super Welterweight.

Mosley is "shot", Margarito is "shot, Jones is "shot", Castillo is "shot". Cotto is not shot.

If Cotto is shot, than Joe Frazier was shot the two times Ali beat him. Frazier had taken a beating from Foreman, but no one called him shot when Ali beat him. Stop trying to downplay anything and everything Mayweather does, it gets old.

If Cotto is shot right now, than he was shot in 2009 when Manny fougth him, because it looks like the same guy, but he actually has a trainer right now, right???
                      Well said, particularly about Frazier Ali 3. Before the fight nobody gave Frazier a chance, but now it's considered one of Ali's greatest (if not the greatest) victories.

Cotto isn't what he was pre-Margarito, but he isn't the mess he was when he fought Pacquiao and Clottey.

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      what a boring match up.....
                      You're completely right, thank God we've got Pacquiao Bradley to look forward to. Nothing says excitement like a Bradley fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X