Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hyped are you for Mayweather/Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imatroll how would you discredit floyd fighting sergio martinez at 160?

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      He looks basically the same. Go watch his fight against Manny and watch his fights in 2011. How does he look any worse or better????

Floyd still gets his due for beating Cotto at 154, same way Manny did for beating Hatton after Floyd did.
      Look at who he's facing after fighting the best fighter in the world. Yuri foreman who it took 9 rounds to take out, the a washed up 40 year old mayorga who he did not look good against and then a washed up Marg who he did look good against.

Comment

Cotto only has 2 loses and vindicated 1 of them against Margarito and looked pretty good in doing so...but with that being said..even though he beat Mayorga...he didn't look that great in the process. I'm definitely not hyped for this fight and for the most part he's just another carefully picked opponent by Mayweather. But if Mayweather is distracted by the thought of going to jail and Cotto is having a good nite it could be interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
          It amazes me when Pacquiao or anyone else fights someone Floyd has fought, it's his leftovers. Now that he is fighting Cotto and he has taken 2 severe beatings people are actually tryin to justify him and make this look credible.

I've always liked Cotto and I'm Mexican but he is passed his best. I love his heart and toughness but you cannot look past the 2 beatings he took eventhough Marg cheated. He is not the same. Floyd should have fought him earlier instead of conveniently retiring and letting Cotto, Margarito,Mosley, and Pacquiao beat the hell out of each other.
          Floyd is past his best too though. It's a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            They were saying he was washed up. Ali's camp decided to give Frazier a title shot as a final payday for Joe before he retired. However, the fight proved to be a brutal, give and take affair.

Either way he was thought to be shot, you obviously have no idea what youre talking about yet youre telling me i dont know anything that far back? laughable, bro
            Washed up and shot....they are so different in your mind.

Again, you are saying that no one considered Joe shot by the 3rd Ali fight in 1975, and yes.....a lot of people were. And it should be noted that Ali wasn't what he used to be in 1975.

Floyd isn't in his prime either, but Cotto is not SHOT. I don't give a f**k what you say. It doesn't matter who Floyd fights, people like you downplay it. Also, was never a fan of the leftovers talk, so I am no *****, just a reasonable and unbias poster.

How do I have no idea??? You said Frazier wasn't consdiered shot by anyone, and he clearly was considered shot and washed up by more than just a few people, right??? But he wasn't. Joe was past his prime-still good. Cotto is past his prime-still good, and only the bias Floyd haters will not give him credit, which seems to be half the people on NSB.

Comment

I gave it a 2, non super fights get me more excited nowadays anyway. I'll watch it but not with the same excitement as a PAC match would've given me.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX2010 View Post
                Nah no need for youtube videos, it is basic logic. Good for you if you think after 3 years someone cannot improve at something they dedicate their life to. Hopefully after 3 years of life you are better at what you do, its really that simple.
                Its basic logic that after 2 brutal beatings, a rise in weight and 3 years time post prime that a fighters gets better and faster?

Yes thats basic logic

Comment

7.5 to 8. So I voted 8.

It's a good match up. We couldn't see it back at 147 but this version of Cotto, I think is better than the 147 one. No weight issues, no chin questions, no gas tank problems. So we will probably see a more game Cotto than one that can gas back at 147.

Still think Floyd wins. Should be a good fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Look at who he's facing after fighting the best fighter in the world. Yuri foreman who it took 9 rounds to take out, the a washed up 40 year old mayorga who he did not look good against and then a washed up Marg who he did look good against.
                    Yet Pacquiao doesnt want to fight him...

Comment

8....here are some fun facts:

both of the guys who beat cotto are the complete opposites of floyd...very offensive fighters, explosive,combination throwing, with killer instincts, fighters...

floyd = safety first, no risk taking, not much power,minimal punching, defensive minded fighter...

Comment

Working...
                      X