No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Discusses Cotto Fight, Shreds Pacquiao, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
    First of all, Floyd don't talk about the Oscar fight. Most watching that fight agree you got beat that night. In fact, Floyd was offered $25M for a rematch with Oscar, and Floyd wouldn't take it. Secondly, Floyd waits till the end of Cotto's career to fight him, when he thinks Cotto is a shot fighter. Cotto has chased Floyd for years. Thirdly, Manny's competetion has been far greater, and more challenging than what Floyd has hand picked his whole career. Don't take my word for it, look it up. Floyd tries to bag on Manny for asking Oscar and Cotto to come down in weight. Manny is up from 108 pounds where he started, and he walks around at 140/145 pounds. Oscar and Cotto probably walk around at 165 pounds. There is no slight on Manny for not wanting to go up to 150+. He already drummed Margarito (who Floyd wouldn't fight), at 150, Margarito outweighed Manny by 25 pounds on fight night. Why doesn't Floyd fight Maidana, who destroyed Ortiz in 6 rounds, and chose Ortiz anyway? Why hasn't Floyd gone up and fought Sergio Martinez? How come Floyd hasn't gone up and fought Bernard Hopkins, like Leonard and Hearns did in their careers? Floyd should have been a Disc Jockey, cause he loves to spin things. Floyd is a blow hard from the ghetto. He isn't credible. He's all about the safest route to the bank. He's always up for demanding something, that won't be agreed upon, to guard his image, when he won't get in the ring. Give Manny a 50%-50% split, and see how fast Pacquiao signs to fight Floyd, then lets see what FLoyd comes up with next, to avoid fighting him. Floyd Mayweather is the ONLY guy afraid to fight Pacquiao. Everyone else in Boxing is lining up to fight Manny for a whole lot less money! Tell Floyd to grow a pair.
    Rabies is a helluva disease.

Comment

great fight i knew it was gona be cotto, i would like cotto to win but i think moneymay is unstoppable

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
        What is there to negotiate, Manny was offered more money then he'll ever make in a fight. He now has to settle making only a quarter of that in his next fight. If im Manny I want this fight because I want to fight Floyd and beat him to prove im better and while doing this i'll be making more money then I ever have.
        You can make a case for that, but Pacquiao didn't even consider to discuss the backend? At the end of the day, this is still coming from on side...but it's been pretty clear that Bob Arum has been the biggest hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
          First of all, Floyd don't talk about the Oscar fight. Most watching that fight agree you got beat that night. In fact, Floyd was offered $25M for a rematch with Oscar, and Floyd wouldn't take it. Secondly, Floyd waits till the end of Cotto's career to fight him, when he thinks Cotto is a shot fighter. Cotto has chased Floyd for years. Thirdly, Manny's competetion has been far greater, and more challenging than what Floyd has hand picked his whole career. Don't take my word for it, look it up. Floyd tries to bag on Manny for asking Oscar and Cotto to come down in weight. Manny is up from 108 pounds where he started, and he walks around at 140/145 pounds. Oscar and Cotto probably walk around at 165 pounds. There is no slight on Manny for not wanting to go up to 150+. He already drummed Margarito (who Floyd wouldn't fight), at 150, Margarito outweighed Manny by 25 pounds on fight night. Why doesn't Floyd fight Maidana, who destroyed Ortiz in 6 rounds, and chose Ortiz anyway? Why hasn't Floyd gone up and fought Sergio Martinez? How come Floyd hasn't gone up and fought Bernard Hopkins, like Leonard and Hearns did in their careers? Floyd should have been a Disc Jockey, cause he loves to spin things. Floyd is a blow hard from the ghetto. He isn't credible. He's all about the safest route to the bank. He's always up for demanding something, that won't be agreed upon, to guard his image, when he won't get in the ring. Give Manny a 50%-50% split, and see how fast Pacquiao signs to fight Floyd, then lets see what FLoyd comes up with next, to avoid fighting him. Floyd Mayweather is the ONLY guy afraid to fight Pacquiao. Everyone else in Boxing is lining up to fight Manny for a whole lot less money! Tell Floyd to grow a pair.
          He's physically bigger than Pacquiao, but he can fight Pacquiao at 147 and then he can fight Cotto at 154, and he also is opened to fighting Martinez after both of their respective bouts. But Pacquiao can't do any of this all of a sudden, because he's too small. But he's okay with fighting Floyd, who's okay with fighting both Cotto and Martinez above 150.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
            Was JMM drained,fool?
            no but i doubt he was comfortable, he was carrying more weight and a little slow, and floyd didnt even bother to weigh in at the weight he agreed on

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              I didn't say anything.

But he did say he has proof. So I will wait and judge like rational person.

But it is a interesting comment.
              The media will ask about the back end and the Money Team will say.........were not here to talk about manny pacquiao or money....we are here to talk about Miguel cotto. LOL

Comment

This is why I said previously that the $40M offer was a first offer and that if that money is solely for Paq then it's a good offer..

Comment

just as i was pulling for his license and willing to pay for the cotto / floyd fight... floyd opens his mouth saying "pacman blah blah" to promote this...forget it!

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                    Does "the back end" refer to the actually split from the PPV? So the Guarantee would be 40 + percentage from the PPV?
                    I assume so. As well as gate, and under the Mayweather model this maybe includes merchandise and food sold at the venue. The whole point is that they never even got the ball rolling to discuss this in this round of "negotiations"

Comment

Originally posted by 1PrettyB0y1 View Post
                      lol calling out fanboys when ur name is "*******"
                      And? Have I displayed any fanboy-ism? Could my name be sarcasm? I blame both Pacquiao and Mayweather equally for their fight not happening. They are both divas. Mayweather is great in the ring. Can't stand him out of the ring. I have no problem with this Cotto fight, and I'm glad Pac isn't fighting him again. Unless Pac fights Bradley or Martinez I will be disappointed with his opposition.

Comment

Working...
                      X