Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Discusses Cotto Fight, Shreds Pacquiao, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I would never want to put a fighter in a position where he's not comfortable." - FMJ

LOL, JMM didn't get the memo on that Floyd!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      That's interesting.
      Why? You believe that? You think Floyd offered $40M and said they would discuss the PPV at a later date? That doesn't make any sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86 View Post
        "We're talking about a $10 million dollar fighter that I tried to give $40 million dollars to, and we didn't even talk about the backend."

They didn't even get a chance to negotiate that then? Hmm
        What is there to negotiate, Manny was offered more money then he'll ever make in a fight. He now has to settle making only a quarter of that in his next fight. If im Manny I want this fight because I want to fight Floyd and beat him to prove im better and while doing this i'll be making more money then I ever have.

Comment

Originally posted by PacTard View Post
          Why? You believe that? You think Floyd offered $40M and said they would discuss the PPV at a later date? That doesn't make any sense...
          iirc, the offer was "$40m flat-fee"... I don't know about anyone else, flat-fee means "that's it" to me, no additional $$$.

Comment

Great fight for boxing fans. 7+ years in the making. Its an exciting fight and boxing fans are the winners. Credit to both guys foer making this one happen. Credit to Mayweather for doing it at154. This is huge for his legacy

Comment

Mayweather vs Cotto i have been waiting for this fight since before Mayweather/Hatton finally...

Comment

Wow...while Manny has fought a LW and now a JWW in Bradley, Floyd is fighting a JMW with no catchweight b.s. like Manny...tbh this version of Cotto appears better than the one that fought Manny....considering that Manny's best win in the last several years comes against a catchweight version of Cotto, Floyd has outdone him now.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                  What is there to negotiate, Manny was offered more money then he'll ever make in a fight. He now has to settle making only a quarter of that in his next fight. If im Manny I want this fight because I want to fight Floyd and beat him to prove im better and while doing this i'll be making more money then I ever have.
                  Ugh. It's a 50/50 fight. PPV split. Any other offer is an insult to either fighter...

Comment

"We're talking about a $10 million dollar fighter that I tried to give $40 million dollars to, and we didn't even talk about the backend."

Floyd's about to air them out again

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86 View Post

They didn't even get a chance to negotiate that then? Hmm
                      a poster pointed this out earlier...he was dead on!!

Comment

Working...
                      X