No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Discusses Cotto Fight, Shreds Pacquiao, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Let me remind you too why Floyd's request is more chicken**** by any measure:

1. Pac waited till his 7th division, 10 above his starting. Floyd did it in 5.
    2. Pac was moving up in weight both times, a traditional CW, tons of precedents. Floyd is the only 2x champ EVER to ask for a CW where he's holding a belt.
    3. In just 1 fight he's contesting for more CW belts than Pac his entire career
    4. He's contesting for "lineal" belt at a CW lol
    5. Pac never said anything like this:

" I look at Miguel Cotto as an undefeated fighter because he faced Pacquiao, but Pacquiao caught him at a catch weight. He wasn't the best Miguel Cotto. He was drained. He wasn't hydrated. "

But I didn't know about any rehydration clause, feel free to add that one.
    All of that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that Canelo only has to come in 1.5lbs lighter than his last fight and he's publicly stated several times that this will not be a problem for him. It's totally different to what Pacquiao did. He made DLH and Cotto abide by re-hydration clauses which meant that they both came in about 10lbs lighter than they would have wanted to. Canelo can still come in at 165-170lbs if he wants to, the catch weight does not prevent him from doing that. So for people to claim this is the same or worse than what Pacquiao did is completely asinine, and if doing it makes Floyd a "coward" in your eyes then I guess you view Sugar Ray Leonard and Bernard Hopkins as cowards too, because they both did the exact same thing. Either come at me with a logical point or don't bother replying to my posts.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    You are misinformed
    There was no rehydration clause with cotto or oscar fights.... Yes Cotto fight was at a catchweight, but oscar was not,,, Oscar was going to fight at welter in that fight no matter the opponent, it was either cotto, hatton etc and oscar ended up cherrypicking the lightweight manny and it backfired, at the time manny was considered a huge underdog....
    Yes there was, several people have confirmed it, I suggest you do your research and you will find it to be true. But that's not even the worst part, the worst part is that most of Manny's best wins came against guys who had just been destroyed and/or dominated. Larios, Morales, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley and Margarito. Unlike Floyd who is taking on the best possible opponent who is at the top of his game, and he has done that for his entire career.
    Last edited by JK1700; 07-19-2013, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      All of that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that Canelo only has to come in 1.5lbs lighter than his last fight and he's publicly stated several times that this will not be a problem for him. It's totally different to what Pacquiao did. He made DLH and Cotto abide by re-hydration clauses which meant that they both came in about 10lbs lighter than they would have wanted to. Canelo can still come in at 165-170lbs if he wants to, the catch weight does not prevent him from doing that. So for people to claim this is the same or worse than what Pacquiao did is completely asinine, and if doing it makes Floyd a "coward" in your eyes then I guess you view Sugar Ray Leonard and Bernard Hopkins as cowards too, because they both did the exact same thing. Either come at me with a logical point or don't bother replying to my posts.
      Did you not notice everyone ****ting on you? That's cause you matter of factly stated something that you cannot support, that's not true, and that's also impossible, if logic is so dear to you. But don't sweat the tricky logic, first get your facts right dumba$$

Comment

Working...
      X