Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be brutally honest, What do you think is Rubio's chance of winning on Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    No, don't be ignorant.

Most people who don't give Rubio much of a chance is not because he is a bum. Or the worse fighter or any hyperbole you want to use. The reason is because a lot of them don't think he can get a fair shake with the judges or even the ref. Rubio doesn't think so either, hence why he wanted a different ref and got denied by the WBC.
    Not being ignorant at all just repeating the drama queens I read in this place daily, sorry if it touched home with you.

Getting a fair shake vs the judges is one thing, thinking Rubio has no chance is another. There are other ways of winning a boxing match other than by decision you know.

I don't for one second thing that, let's say for sake of argument, that if Rubio dominates this fight he will get robbed. I don't believe that for one second.

I think if it's close, then yes I agree but if it's lopsided and Rubio is putting it to him, he could win a dec no problem.

You guys are already being skeptical and the fight hasn't even taken place.

Comment

Rubio will only last as long as JCC JR wants him to.

Comment

rubio needs a KO/TKO to win

Comment

Originally posted by microMXL View Post
          rubio needs a KO/TKO to win
          What Rubio needs is a hand grenade. That's his only chance.

Comment

This is the best fighter JC will fight to date. But he aint all that. I wouldn't be surprised if Rubio wiins by stoppage, and I wouldn't be surprised if Chavez Jr wins by one his little Manfredo-Calzaghe stoppages.

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            I voted for 0%

I can see no scenario where Rubio can come out a winner. And trust me, I hope he wins.

Rubio will either be overpowered by the bigger and younger fighter or get shammed out in the scorecards. I see this similar to Canelo/Gomez where Gomez is putting it on Canelo and the moment that Canelo lands some arm punches, the fight is called off
            After the first kd in the 1st round, I just basically saw Canelo toying with Gomez. It was a mismatch on paper and a mismatch live. I don't know what fight you were watching. Not once was Canelo threatebed to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              This is the best fighter JC will fight to date. But he aint all that. I wouldn't be surprised if Rubio wiins by stoppage, and I wouldn't be surprised if Chavez Jr wins by one his little Manfredo-Calzaghe stoppages.

After the first kd in the 1st round, I just basically saw Canelo toying with Gomez. It was a mismatch on paper and a mismatch live. I don't know what fight you were watching. Not once was Canelo threatebed to lose.

lol these [some of] guys talk about fight changing power with canelo like its a bad thing

every opponent canelo has faced has shown serious respect for his power
              its either that or they dont want to get embarrassed on TV

Comment

ppl give Chavez Jr. more hell than anybody in the game today I think... and imo this is a legit opponent, my question is: if Chavez Jr. pulls out the victory over a legitimate opponent who poses a threat (Rubio) will ppl finally start respecting Chavez Jr?? I mean I don't like the guy, but if he impressively beats Rubio he will earn my respect come saturday.. but thats just me

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                  ppl give Chavez Jr. more hell than anybody in the game today I think... and imo this is a legit opponent, my question is: if Chavez Jr. pulls out the victory over a legitimate opponent who poses a threat (Rubio) will ppl finally start respecting Chavez Jr?? I mean I don't like the guy, but if he impressively beats Rubio he will earn my respect come saturday.. but thats just me
                  he will from me, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    Not being ignorant at all just repeating the drama queens I read in this place daily, sorry if it touched home with you.

Getting a fair shake vs the judges is one thing, thinking Rubio has no chance is another. There are other ways of winning a boxing match other than by decision you know.

I don't for one second thing that, let's say for sake of argument, that if Rubio dominates this fight he will get robbed. I don't believe that for one second.

I think if it's close, then yes I agree but if it's lopsided and Rubio is putting it to him, he could win a dec no problem.

You guys are already being skeptical and the fight hasn't even taken place.
                    Again you're being ignorant and that hits home with you.

You're using hyperbole in the sense that you're acting that fighters are saying Rubio is the worse fighter in the World. Because, he has the stacks against him which even he admits. When really not that many people are calling him that if any.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Again you're being ignorant and that hits home with you.

You're using hyperbole in the sense that you're acting that fighters are saying Rubio is the worse fighter in the World. Because, he has the stacks against him which even he admits. When really not that many people are calling him that if any.
                      You can call me all the names you want, I'm just going by what I read in this place. You can't call Jr a bum time and time again (not you, just in general so you don't get your feelings hurt) and then say Rubio has no chance as if it's some BS fight.

Rubio is a good tough fighter, will he beat Jr? I don't know and don't think so but I think this is definitely the toughest fight for Jr and could be a good scrap.

He's saying what he's saying because he is already making excuses, the truth is I don't see a robbery unless it's close but then it wouldn't be a robbery would it?

Comment

Working...
                      X