Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Byrd vs Vitali Klitschko (Highlights)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
    I had some fun memories watching Vitali perform. Sure, the competition wasn't always amazing, but he did what he could with the opposition he had in front of him. I became a fan by his valiant effort against Lennox Lewis. I know some people would say, that was an out of prime, not quite in shape Lewis and that's fine, and that's probably why Vitali was beating him up. If it wasn't for that brutal cut Vitali suffered, he probably would have gone on to win the fight. He was up on all the cards if I recall.

Besides that, I enjoyed his brutal 2nd destruction of Kirk Johnson. Seeing him have a slugfest with what appeared to be an out of shape Corrie Sanders, yet that is just Corrie's appearance. He had a missile straight left hand. He then had a pretty nice slugfest with Danny Williams who had just beat an out of prime Mike Tyson. Beat up the hyped up Samuel Peter...

Yeah, he wasn't incredibly flashy looking and obviously white, but he had an iron chin, took some massive punches and hardly ever been dropped. His style was very aggressive and I honestly can't remember a fight since I began watching him that wasn't entertaining. I know haters are going to hate, but I enjoyed the f**k out of his fights while he was around. His brother, not so much...
    - - Lewie had trained 3 weeks in the UK before flying to Cali for a 6 week camp, 9 weeks in all.

Vit had been in court suing Lewie 3x, winning all judgements, so with 3 wks before Lewie fight with Kirk Johnson, Tyson on the undercard walked out, so Lewie offered Vit that undercard. A week later Johnson hurt he tltty and had to quit, so Vit bumped up to 12 rd title fight with 2 weeks training.

Vit lost the fight on a freak cut, but won the war when he chased Lewie into premature retirement and lose of his planned 5 more lucrative fights before retire that included his WBC Mandatory, the career purse rematch against Vit...the way it was....
    Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Lewie had trained 3 weeks in the UK before flying to Cali for a 6 week camp, 9 weeks in all.

Vit had been in court suing Lewie 3x, winning all judgements, so with 3 wks before Lewie fight with Kirk Johnson, Tyson on the undercard walked out, so Lewie offered Vit that undercard. A week later Johnson hurt he tltty and had to quit, so Vit bumped up to 12 rd title fight with 2 weeks training.

Vit lost the fight on a freak cut, but won the war when he chased Lewie into premature retirement and lose of his planned 5 more lucrative fights before retire that included his WBC Mandatory, the career purse rematch against Vit...the way it was....
      I'm trying to decipher all of this, lol. You're saying Vitali was suing Lennox 3 times and won all of those judgements? What was he suing him for? How's Tyson involved on the undercard? Mike Tyson? Then you're saying Tyson pulled out and was supposed to be facing Kirk Johnson on that undercard. Who was Lennox supposed to be facing in the main event? So Vitali was going to be facing Kirk Johnson then only for him to be injured and now Vitali became main event with Lewis. I think I got that, right? What were the 5 more lucrative fights planned? Against who?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

This is an old post of yours, but you admit to hero worship Floyd Mayweather jr? In the ring only, I hope. Outside the ring the man is despicable.

Stalk much??

I respect Floys skill, but I've never been a fan of his in or outside the ring.

Comment

Working...
        X