Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Byrd vs Vitali Klitschko (Highlights)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Probably why Lennox Lewis avoided Byrd (and other defensive fighters e.g. Ruiz) like the plague.
    At least Vitali fought Byrd & on 10 days notice instead of throwing his belt in the trash to avoid Byrd outright like Lennox did with bYRD & rUIZ... BOTH TURNED OUT TO BE THE longest reigning title holders not named Klitschko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ubermensch View Post
      A loss based on an injury incurred while handily winning a fight can't honestly be called "definitive." No matter who the fighter in question is.

Period.
      Than why not rematch?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
        Most of this is fair journalism except for the part about ANYONE presuming for a second Byrd wins the fight on the defensive end. You CAN'T win a fight when you play excellent D but at the expense of your O.. jUST not feasable. Byrd has a W on his record he didn't earn & so does Lewis.. let's NOT make up stuff as if they actually deserved to get the nod.. BE HAPPY with the 2 MOST ASTERISKED W'S in heavyweight championship history & keep it movin'.
        As I've always maintained, V was winning. But you can win a fight with defense, especially when you only land 8 less punches the entire fight. It seems many want to penalize Byrd for not being a harder puncher. It just doesn't work that way in boxing. Bottom line is it was a competitive fight and V should have pursued a rematch instead of letting his brother fight him.

Comment

• I remember that fight, only time I seen Byrd chasing an opponent and cutting off the ring. The later rounds Vitali was acting like it was Tyson chasing him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            Probably why Lennox Lewis avoided Byrd (and other defensive fighters e.g. Ruiz) like the plague.
            Do you think Byrd would beat Lennox? Lennox is not a punch waster like Vitali. He is far more accurate and powerful when he connects. More Similar to Wlads style who defeated Byrd.

Also, when was this fight supposed to happen?

1999 Byrd was brutally KOd by Ike and fell from the top 5

2000 Byrd was contractually obligated to only face Klitschko

2001 Byrd was coming off a loss, and his rank fell again.

2002 Lennox occupied with Gazillion dollar fight with Tyson.

Late 2002- Lennox is basically retired at this point and doesnt fight anybody for an entire year. The only reason he got out of bed in mid-2003 is because his final belt was in danger of being stripped.

The fact that LL crawled out of bed and whooped Vits ass in 6 rounds is all he needs to show superiority over Byrd. He also blasted out Golota in 1 round. Byrd struggled Golota to a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by lazy View Post
              I remember that fight, only time I seen Byrd chasing an opponent and cutting off the ring. The later rounds Vitali was acting like it was Tyson chasing him.

The irony on display in that fight is staggering.

Byrd showed no respect whatsoever for Vitali's power. Byrd spent one half of the fight standing directly infront of Vitali, slipping and countering at will, and the other half of the fight stalking him around the ring, putting on his best George Foreman impression, while Vitali was on his motorcycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Such close rounds. Byrd fought an excellent fight considering he gave up a half a foot in height, 35lbs in weight and had no power to speak of. Anybody who thinks Vitaly would have beaten Ali just needs to watch this fight. Byrd is was smaller, slower and softer punching fighter than Ali was.
                I would add a prime Tyson, and Lewis as well. Larry Holmes would have held his own too and I'd bet on him in if we could magically make that fight happen. That said, Vitali was a bad ass fighter and would have given any fighter a hell of a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                  I would add a prime Tyson, and Lewis as well. Larry Holmes would have held his own too and I'd bet on him in if we could magically make that fight happen. That said, Vitali was a bad ass fighter and would have given any fighter a hell of a fight.
                  LL ducked both Ruiz and Byrd because he was afraid a L against them would severely damage his legacy. LL vs. Vitali is 50/50.

Vitali likely beats any version of Tyson IMO. He would resist Tyson's attacks for the first rounds, after that Tyson becomes frustrated (his mind is weak) and surrenders to Vitali.

Comment

Klitschko being backed up by the LIGHTEST hitting heavyweight in the past half century is your phocking proof. Getting immediate rotator cuff surgery & being on the shelve for a yr is your proof.
                    Vitali wasnt on the shelf, he fought again later that same year! His boo-boo miraculously got better when Wlad defeated Byrd. 41 days later Vitali makes his return from injury.

Vitali is one sneaky bastard to pull off that charade.
                    Last edited by Joeyzagz; 01-21-2012, 06:49 AM.

Comment

& if you want medical proof go to Germany & look for the MEDIC WHO performed the cuff surgery... his name is DR. ...........!
                      .......Dr Jimmy who also performed fellatio on his hero.

Comment

Working...
                      X