Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Byrd vs Vitali Klitschko (Highlights)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

See this is the problem with you and other nuthuggers. You want to over rate (or allow him to be over rated) Vitaly and than when he gets taken down a peg you complain "I don't see constant threads" about other fighters. Well I don't see such hero worship for any other fighters besides Pac and Floyd. And I had my battles about them years ago.

By the way, its good to see you back "Lucky Jim". Or should I say Stones?
    I can see why Vitali takes more heat because he is current and dominant and a lot of people such as yourself don't like it.

However, as a "history expert," you should perhaps expand your horizons and criticize a few other heavyweights. Lewis got knocked cold by two journeymen: if that happened to Vitali, even if he "avenged" the losses, I can only imagine how much fun you'd be having slagging him. It would be never-ending, I'm sure.

Your problem and your flaw is and will continue to be in your assertion of objectivity and impartiality, because that is so obviously and demonstrably not the case. If you criticized a few other recent heavyweights with the same zeal you do Vitali, your claim of objectivity might have more merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubermensch View Post

Definitively un-definitive.

A guy who loses because he suffers an injury while leading comfortably on the scorecards. And that's "definitive?"

In what way?
      He refused to continue fighting, its an absolutely definitive loss - there is actually no room for debate here.

Comment

I can see why Vitali takes more heat because he is current and dominant and a lot of people such as yourself don't like it.

However, as a "history expert," you should perhaps expand your horizons and criticize a few other heavyweights. Lewis got knocked cold by two journeymen: if that happened to Vitali, even if he "avenged" the losses, I can only imagine how much fun you'd be having slagging him. It would be never-ending, I'm sure.

Your problem and your flaw is and will continue to be in your assertion of objectivity and impartiality, because that is so obviously and demonstrably not the case. If you criticized a few other recent heavyweights with the same zeal you do Vitali, your claim of objectivity might have more merit.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          He refused to continue fighting, its an absolutely definitive loss - there is actually no room for debate here.
          He refused to continue fighting with an injury that was possibly career-ending.

Robert Helenius just fought Dereck Chisora with a similar shoulder injury, and today underwent an operation and his career may be over.

Vitali did the smart thing, long-term: he's still fighting, is dominant, and rich. And is again a champion.

What is Chris Byrd doing?

Case closed.

Comment

He refused to continue fighting with an injury that was possibly career-ending.

Helenius just fought with a similar shoulder injury, and today underwent an operation and his career may be over.

Vitali did the smart thing: he's still fighting, is dominant, and rich. And a champion.

What is Chris Byrd doing?

Case closed.
            It was an absolutely definitive loss, get over it.

Comment

It was an absolutely definitive loss, get over it.
              It was a loss, anyway.

There's nothing to "get over."

**** happens in the heavyweight division.

Ask Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson, Cassius Clay, etc. etc.

Comment

It was a loss, anyway.

There's nothing to "get over."

**** happens in the heavyweight division.

Ask Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson, Cassius Clay, etc. etc.
                You claimed it was not a definitive loss, when it is unquestionably a definitive loss. That is why I told you to get over it. Vitali lost to the 2 best fighters he ever faced and has not beaten anyone worth a damn. Lewis, Tyson and Ali all proved themselves to be better fighters than Vitali.

Comment

You claimed it was not a definitive loss, when it is unquestionably a definitive loss. That is why I told you to get over it. Vitali lost to the 2 best fighters he ever faced and has not beaten anyone worth a damn. Lewis, Tyson and Ali all proved themselves to be better fighters than Vitali.
                  A loss based on an injury incurred while handily winning a fight can't honestly be called "definitive." No matter who the fighter in question is.

Period.

Comment

Looking at that 9th round again, Im not sure if Vitali was really injured.

It looks like he quit out of frustration and embarassment. He was getting backed up by a man half his size, and could not handle the humiliation.

I call bull**** on this "injury" until a Klitschko fan can provide proof.

Comment

• Probably why Lennox Lewis avoided Byrd (and other defensive fighters e.g. Ruiz) like the plague.

Comment

Working...
                      X