Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain to me where the judge said stooge has to fight on 5th May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
    Stop making sense Reed. And to add, Wrinkler said that Floyd has an agreement in place with the court to fight on THAT date.
    He has an agreement with MGM

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      So by moving the date it would then appear that Floyd never had to fight on May 5th or any other date for that matter and his sentence never needed to be pushed back even though thats what they just argued to the judge.
      Common sense is anything BUT common.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        He probably would. Arum doesn't want the fight but from what I can decifer, neither does Floyd really.
        so why doesn't team pac pull his card ? when the drug testing issue was a problem it was because floyd really didn't wanna fight well if thats true and team pac really believed that than why didn't they just agree to the osdt just to prove that floyd really didn't wanna fight? now floyd doesn't wanna fight because he won't move the date well if this is true and team pac believe this is true why don't they agree just to show everyone that floyd doesn't wanna fight?

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
          Just wondering really since there were no contracts signed for May 5th for PAC and May.
          Just ask yourself and be honest, would you want to fight then have a few weeks to recover and get things in order before you went to jail or would you rather go through training camp for 2 months then fight and go to jail a week later? Im sure you and everbody else asking this question would want some time to yourself and with your family before you went away.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss
            The ENTIRE REASON the Judge agreed to move his sentence back is because May5th was ALREADY IN place.... if Floyd can move the May 5th date... then it looks like he never HAD to fight on May 5th in the first place and he could of served his sentence at the beginning of the year.

So Floyd is not willing to fight on another date because the judge is under the impression that that date is locked in for him.
            That post deals with my first point. The second post concerns what happens when you breach a contract.

If Floyd has arranged to fight at the MGM May 5th they can sue him for breach of contract. The fact that Arum wants to move the fight to a different venue increases the odds of them seeking compensation ( as they would lose out completely). On top of that they could actually get an injunction against Floyd to prevent him fighting in that time period ( the fight with Pacquiao would get cancelled).

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              So by moving the date it would then appear that Floyd never had to fight on May 5th or any other date for that matter and his sentence never needed to be pushed back even though thats what they just argued to the judge.
              The fact that he "has to" fight on May 5th is the reason I believe he never had any serious intention of fighting Pacquaio. Would the judge not have made the same ruling if it'd been a different date in May and they knew he was fighting Pacquiao. There'd be even more reason to make that ruling.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                That post deals with my first point. The second post concerns what happens when you breach a contract.

If Floyd has arranged to fight at the MGM May 5th they can sue him for breach of contract. The fact that Arum wants to move the fight to a different venue increases the odds of them seeking compensation ( as they would lose out completely). On top of that they could actually get an injunction against Floyd to prevent him fighting in that time period ( the fight with Pacquiao would get cancelled).
                And thats on Floyd. I still don't get how they expected to negotiate a fight with Arum/Pacquiao with a set date and venue.

Unless they had no real intention.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Well you're dismissing a lot of stuff there. You've clearly picked your side and are sticking to it. Believe me, I was the same as you until I started actually paying attention to this *****. Both sides are playing everybody
                  Nope, and I get the feeling your trolling, one can't possibly be this stupid. You agreed with me in that no legitimate excuse has been provided, but you have the nerve to ask why hasn't that triggered Floyd into looking for another date.

It's aiight though, that same game your playing, most boxing writers have done the same exact shit. It's either get at Floyd, or blame both, even though one side is clearly at fault...which has been the case from the getgo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    Nope, and I get the feeling your trolling, one can't possibly be this stupid. You agreed with me in that no legitimate excuse has been provided, but you have the nerve to ask why hasn't that triggered Floyd into looking for another date.

It's aiight though, that same game your playing, most boxing writers have done the same exact shit. It's either get at Floyd, or blame both, even though one side is clearly at fault.
                    No Im asking why Floyd went into a potential negotiation of a fight of this magnitude having already decided what the date/venue was. Makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post

It's aiight though, that same game your playing, most boxing writers have done the same exact shit. It's either get at Floyd, or blame both, even though one side is clearly at fault...which has been the case from the getgo.
                      I agree all around the board. Spot on, especially the bold.
                      Last edited by COACH WEBB; 01-19-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X