Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain to me where the judge said stooge has to fight on 5th May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    How do you go into a negotiation with a SET date/venue? Thats not a negotiation.
    You go into negotiations to work all that out. Are you gonna play stupid and not acknowledge that? Arum has refused.

Comment

His obligation is with MGM. Its not a legal obligation to fight on May 5th.

Which again makes me wonder why he would set a date/venue for a fight against Pacquiao with NO INPUT and NO NEGOTIATION from Pacquiao's side.

Neither side really wants this fight imho
      He set the date to fight May 5th... He may WANT to fight Pacquiao on that day, but he will fight on that day one way or another.

It didn't get postponed because he's fighting Pacquiao on May 5th... it got postponed because he's fighting period on May 5th... whether it be Pacquiao or somebody else.

Floyd can get a fight done with absolutely anybody with no problems outside of Pacquiao..

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
        Did you read the link that I posted?

Is this any clearer...it's straight from the article.
        He has contractual obligations with the MGM grand. How can a judge dictate what date he fights on? What difference does it make to the judge as long as he shows up on June 1st.

This is all about him signing an agreement with MGM for Cinco De Mayo before any negotiation with Pac took place. If he really wanted the fight that badly, he wouldnt have done that.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          He set the date to fight May 5th... He may WANT to fight Pacquiao on that day, but he will fight on that day one way or another.

It didn't get postponed because he's fighting Pacquiao on May 5th... it got postponed because he's fighting period on May 5th... whether it be Pacquiao or somebody else.

Floyd can get a fight done with absolutely anybody with no problems outside of Pacquiao..
          The bold, so true.

Comment

He has contractual obligations with the MGM grand. How can a judge dictate what date he fights on? What difference does it make to the judge as long as he shows up on June 1st.

This is all about him signing an agreement with MGM for Cinco De Mayo before any negotiation with Pac took place. If he really wanted the fight that badly, he wouldnt have done that.
            Really, dude? Really. This is why I laughed early on.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
              You go into negotiations to work all that out. Are you gonna play stupid and not acknowledge that? Arum has refused.
              But he SET the date/time before the negotiations and he was not and is not willing to work anything out.

I know Arum doesn't want the fight either. Im not defending Arum.

Floyd has played it better this time by using the media. But Im not really fooled. Neither side really wants it.

Comment

LOL no kidding. Let it go. I guess he was asking a rhetorical question and isn't liking the answers he is getting.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

Yeah of course he can. He can say fight here on this date, do this, do that to anyone else. But not Pacquiao/Arum. And he knew that. He knew they wouldnt be dictated to. You're making my point for me.

Comment

Ok answer. Why does it matter to the judge what specific date he fights on? I guess im dumb for asking this. Cool, i'll live.

Comment

why is that ? if someone reserves a venue and date that means they don't wanna fight ?and lets be honest team pac would of most likely fought in mgm around may 5th any way it just seems like team pac just likes ****king with mayweather and if im not mistaken all major fights are held at mgm

Comment

Working...
                      X