Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Could Get Margarito or Mundine if No Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    Again no Martinez, don't know how can anybody defend Jr

i don't know how anybody can defend martinez. . he is tring to cherry pick WW's who he outweighs by 30 natural pounds. . and then he's trying to cherry pick the weakest MW belt holder?!

Why won't Martinez fight Pirog? He's a champion who is DEFINITELY better than chavez jr. . .

oh wait, i know! maybe martinez isn't some "people's champ", who is different than other boxers. . . maybe martinez only wants money the easiest way possible. . . just like every other boxer, chavez jr. included!

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
      I bet all of my points this queer wont face Margarito. Tony would murder Julia. Julia gasses after 4-5 rounds and Margarito will be right there smiling for 5 more rounds until he makes Julia quit. I really wish this fight would get made I would purchase the PPV. Just to see him get destroyed.
      BOMBS over baghdad! my dude! chavezz don't gas after 4-5 rounds! remember the zbik fight? he was strong till the very end. . . in fact, stamina is one of his strong points!

I think both him and Rubio have a very good second wind, and they are at their best in the second half of the fight when they dig deep. . .

With that big overhand right Rubio has, and as vulnerable to getting hit as Chavez is, Rubio could very well stop him. . but i think the most likely outcome is chavez UD. . . that extra 10 poiunds chavez carries in the ring gives him excellent chin, punch resistance and good stamina, so unlike lemieux, who is fragile with a weak chin that got cracked once he started to tire, chavez will keep up the workrate to win a 117-111 UD.

Comment

Arum already has his planned maped out. Cotto asked for big money for a chavez fight, so Arum prefers to give Cotto the money to fight Pac(that way he protects Pac from Floyd) and in the end arum wins!!!

If Cotto loses(most likely) hell fight the winner of Margarita-Julia, even more if it is Margarito because of a trilogy.

If Cotto beats Pac some how, arum will be shitting bricks though. This could backfire and Cotto and Margarito could win and spoil Arums senile plan!

Comment

everybody but Sergio...Margarito brings nothing after Cotto showed that, Mundine is WBA, not ranked by WBC? or under the top 10...how about Andre Ward, if he drops to '60???

Comment

cotto didnt show **** exept that a doctor in ny saved his ass bigtime.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
              i don't know how anybody can defend martinez. . he is tring to cherry pick WW's who he outweighs by 30 natural pounds. . and then he's trying to cherry pick the weakest MW belt holder?!

Why won't Martinez fight Pirog? He's a champion who is DEFINITELY better than chavez jr. . .

oh wait, i know! maybe martinez isn't some "people's champ", who is different than other boxers. . . maybe martinez only wants money the easiest way possible. . . just like every other boxer, chavez jr. included!
              this is true. I don't get martinez's obsession with chasing chavez jr when there is a guy like pirog. I guess for the money since chavez jr would probably bring in more ppv sales than pirog.
              Last edited by Bermuda; 01-17-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

LMAO! What a circus act. Bring out the clowns!

Comment

Originally posted by newcastleking View Post
                  cotto didnt show **** exept that a doctor in ny saved his ass bigtime.
                  You are delusional my friend. The doctor allowed Margarito to continue boxing for 3 rounds after his eye was swollen and vision badly impaired. If there is anyone whose ass was saved bigtime, it was Margarito. The MSG crowd would have absolutely relished seeing Cotto beat Margarito's ass and his eye to a pulp for another 3 rounds!! Peace.

Comment

Bob Arum once again sticks his finger up to the fans,fellow promoters and governing bodies and says "this is what im going to do if you dont like it then **** you".Margaritos eye will never hold up he should just quit boxing and concentrate on his promotional business

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      An all-Mexican showdown between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (44-0-1, 31KOs) and Antonio Margarito (38-8, 27KOs)? The fight is possible, according to Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum. First, several things would need to happen.

[Click Here To Read More]
                      I hope they throw Margo in and he crushes Chavez Jr. maybe then Cotto could get some credit for the clinic he handed Margo...I still think margo crushes current belt holders at 154.

Comment

Working...
                      X