Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Could Get Margarito or Mundine if No Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez Jr just needs to hand over Martinez's WBC Belt NOW and GO BACK HOME WASH DADDY'S NUTS YOU LITTLE BIT@H!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
      Boxing is losing all its popularity, and here's another one of the reasons.
      First no Mayweather v. Pac. Now this? Since when did Don King die and reincarnate into Bob Arum? This is complete bull****.

Comment

An all-Mexican showdown between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (44-0-1, 31KOs) and Antonio Margarito (38-8, 27KOs)? The fight is possible, according to Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum.

Yeah that fight is a good one...... on ESPN's Friday night fights maybe and thats about it

Comment

Well Martinez is getting ****ed over again. But Margarito would **** up Chavez

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            this is true. I don't get martinez's obsession with chasing chavez jr when there is a guy like pirog. I guess for the money since chavez jr would probably bring in more ppv sales than pirog.
            Excuse me, Pirog is avoiding Martinez, no prospect can ask a top P4P fighter to fight in Russia! plain and simple.

JCChavez Jr is a shame for mexican boxing.
            Last edited by Nicolino; 01-18-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
              and then he's trying to cherry pick the weakest MW belt holder?!
              He has tried fighting 3 of the champions. Geale turned down a million dollars. Martinez has been trying to fight Sturm for ages, but Sturm doesn't want anything to do with him either in the US or even in Germany. You know the Chavez story.

And HBO is not interested in Pirog even if Martinez wanted him. Period. End of story.
              http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=528759

Unless Pirog does something other than beating an inexperienced prospect to put himself in a position where's he definitely at the top of the middleweight division, he has no case to be first in line for Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

And HBO is not interested in Pirog even if Martinez wanted him. Period. End of story.
                http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=528759
                we don't know HBO's position on Pirog now that Hersham is running things. He JUST started his job at HBO like week or two ago at most.

Anyways, Chavez is a joke, but if he wants to fight one of these bums that's fine by me AS LONG AS HE'S STRIPPED OF HIS TITLE. I have no problem with guys taking an easy path if they wish, only as long as they aren't "champions". It's their life, their career, their legacy. If they want to be jokes that's their decision.

Comment

Bob Arum is at it again. What does Chavez Jr. gain from beating Margarito?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    we don't know HBO's position on Pirog now that Hersham is running things. He JUST started his job at HBO like week or two ago at most.
                    Kery Davis is still there who has the strongest connection with Al Haymon though. Maybe you're right, but my point still stands. Pirog needs to do anything other than fight in Russia. He is still fairly young. He could be fighting 4 times a year if he has to. Twice on ESPN and twice in Russia. Anything to build is name in the US. He wasted his entire 2011. (in terms of building up his name and making himself a credible opponent)
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-17-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

where would another margarito fight even happen? his license is constantly hanging in the air.

Comment

Working...
                      X