No announcement yet.

Vitaly and steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iam_Thatguy View Post
    Erm, Testosterone isn't a pro-hormone...pro-hormones are pre-cursoer chemicals which are converted when they enter the body, to a particular androgen/hormone. Pro-hormones are relatively weak and unpredictable as far as how much is actually converted by the body.

EPO is a hormone in itself and is possibly gives greatest performance enhancement in the form of punch output and endurance which can benefit any weight division. Also, I think people naively look at steroids and associate it with musculature and size. This is due to a lack of knowledge of the different types of steroids, their effects and benefits.

Some steroids are more anabolic so will give noticeable size gains, whereas some steroids, particularly androgenic ones like anavar, winstrol, halotestin and test prop have a particular impact on strength, aggression and muscle tone. Winstrol and halotestin are used widely amongst power athletes who wish to increase strength without any size/ weight gain e.g. olympic weightlifters who need to stay within a weight class. There are many steroids and CNS boosters like ephedrine which can enhance power and strength without size gain. HGH would also be used for those wishing to get lean for a weigh in and also during training camps to rapidly aid muscle recovery.

SO, to conclude, anyone who naively thinks that steroid useage is more rampant in heavyweight divisions, just because of the obvious size and musculature of heavy weight boxers, are mistaken. It's just as much a possibility for any of the lightweights right up to super middle weight to use EPO and steroids to aid explosive power, cut down weight without losing power (trenbolone and halotestin are the steroids used to maintain power whiles on a reduced calorie diet) punch output, aggression and so on. BUT, it is extremely likely and more probable that Vitali has and does use steroids. I mean, when looking at most competitive power sports, particularly with the ones that are stringently tested, the amount of people who still persist to use steroids or PED's despite strict testing regimes seems to point a question of common sense with regards to boxing. Why WOULDN'T a boxer decide to cheat, especially given the extremely poor testing procedures? I wouldn't put it past any athlete to be using PED's, especially a boxer.
    Again...I think most boxers use steroids. Also.... precursors are not that weak when used in high doses. Hell DHEA is a good example (Mark McGuire's fav) which converts to testosterone. You can buy that OTC and that shyt will shut down your natural test production if you're taking enough. Halo Extreme converts to Turinabol (which is not as strong as say Dianabol) but if you take high doses like most BBers do you may as well be taking Dianabol. It's more about dosage..... and muscularity is more about diet.

Not trying to be sarcastic but try to make more lucid points.... some of your points get overshadowed by the sheer volume of text lol.
    Last edited by Mr.0pal; 12-31-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
      what does the poll mean about vitali "improving" ?? He has never "improved" he has always been the same killing machine that he is. He's never lost, never lost alot of rounds, always brutally KTFO his opponents etc etc...where do you see "improvement" in the way that pacquiao magically improved after being brutally KTFO and then suddenly moved up 30 weight classes and was annihilating guys like Cotto and Margarito
      Never lost? lol You're another example of how delusional some of his fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        JAB, interesting question posed here. I am surprised, however, that a poster as astute as yourself raises this issue but supported a Pacquiao who flat out lied and made dozens of unscientific excuses in order to avoid testing. You better believe PEDs are rampant. And a guy who specialized in sports medicine and was kicked off an Olympic team for juicing isn't innocent. An old matchmaker once told me that nearly every heavyweight ranked in the top ten was juicing. When I think of guys like Frans Botha, Shannon Briggs, Jameel McCline, James Toney, and the Klitschko Bros, I can't help but agree. It's just my opinion but yes I do believe Vitali has and may still be dabbling.
        I may be mistaken but I don't believe I ever said Pac was not on the juice. Than again in my zealous dislike for Floyd I just may have. Can't say I remember either way. What I am still adamant about is no one fighter should be able to order the testing of his choice. Testing should be across the board, but that's another thread. As far as klit goes, I don't know either way. But like with Hopkins, I get suspicious when fighters of a certain age are able to compete at the highest level with little or no adverse effects on their body, especially when they have a history of their body betraying them.

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
          what does the poll mean about vitali "improving" ?? He has never "improved" he has always been the same killing machine that he is. He's never lost, never lost alot of rounds, always brutally KTFO his opponents etc etc...where do you see "improvement" in the way that pacquiao magically improved after being brutally KTFO and then suddenly moved up 30 weight classes and was annihilating guys like Cotto and Margarito

Comment

I think PEDs are a huge problem in sports in general. I really like the idea of making random testing a standard, but I think the testing Mayweather uses costs like 20 or 25k. That's great for a guy who's making 30 million a fight, but what about guys that are making their pro debuts??

Perhaps they can start with just championship fights. Either way, there needs to be better testing methods, but they have to be cost effective.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              I may be mistaken but I don't believe I ever said Pac was not on the juice. Than again in my zealous dislike for Floyd I just may have. Can't say I remember either way. What I am still adamant about is no one fighter should be able to order the testing of his choice. Testing should be across the board, but that's another thread. As far as klit goes, I don't know either way. But like with Hopkins, I get suspicious when fighters of a certain age are able to compete at the highest level with little or no adverse effects on their body, especially when they have a history of their body betraying them.
              Zealous dislike? Youre an honest man, JAB . I guess I never bought into the whole it wasn't fair argument because history favored Mayweather. There was a time when there was no testing period. And then one person had it put in as a stipulation for one fight. Then another. And then six years later, the commissions finally went along. So before it was done across the board, it was first requested by one fighter. Anyway, as soon as Manny's squad began the long list of BS and excuses, I knew what time it was. ****, I know people today who are very, very close to Manny who have remarked on how his head has grown and the thought never crossed their mind that he was juicing.

With regards to Hopkins...well, to quote someone from two years ago who will remain nameless, "They're drinking from the fountain of youth over at Golden Boy and it ain't water." Couple weeks after that person said that, a rejuvenated Shane Mosley destroyed Margarito.

Comment

Is it so hard to believe that an athlete like Vitali Klitschko who has taken care of himself over the years and lived healthy, hasn't taken a lot of punishment in his career, can perform at the level he is, without steriods or PEDs?

Look at Glen Johnson for instance, he's up there in age but he's lived a healthy lifestyle, he has taken more punishment than Vitali and has faced a higher level of competition but he is able to perform a high level - for years and years....

Why cast suspensions and imply that the Champ is juicing? It seems like the TS is trying to get under the skin of the (diehard) Klitschko fans on this website i.e. trolling...

Also, the arguments for Vitali juicing are laughable.. He's older and he boxes - so he must be on something? He has a knowledge of sports science - so he must be using it for evil and taking steriods? He's never tested positive (to my knowledge) for a banned substance in his professional boxing career..

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Is it so hard to believe that an athlete like Vitali Klitschko who has taken care of himself over the years and lived healthy, hasn't taken a lot of punishment in his career, can perform at the level he is, without steriods or PEDs?

Look at Glen Johnson for instance, he's up there in age but he's lived a healthy lifestyle, he has taken more punishment than Vitali and has faced a higher level of competition but he is able to perform a high level - for years and years....

Why cast suspensions and imply that the Champ is juicing? It seems like the TS is trying to get under the skin of the (diehard) Klitschko fans on this website i.e. trolling...

Also, the arguments for Vitali juicing are laughable.. He's older and he boxes - so he must be on something? He has a knowledge of sports science - so he must be using it for evil and taking steriods? He's never tested positive (to my knowledge) for a banned substance in his professional boxing career..
                  A fair and decent move reinstating this thread. And Johnson could very well be on steroids just like Hopkins and others. The argument against vitaly is his past and his knowledge of sports medicine. There is no proof, but speculation is reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

I personally am not singling Vitalli out because I think the majority of boxers use something...... but living a healthy lifestyle and maintaining a healthy diet is consistent with steroid users. Steroid users are health Guru's.... they monitor carbs, fats, protein, sodium, calories, blood pressure, ect. regularly and they are some of the healthiest group of dieters and gym rats on earth.

Comment

what also disappoints me with vitali is that he's AGAINST better testing.

in an interview he said that he would never take a random Olympic drug test.......

he got caught in the amateurs because they have much stricter testing..........

Comment

Working...
                      X