No announcement yet.

"The referee didn't warn me" Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike ruler View Post
    I agree. Again I'm not defending Khan, but I think Max Kellerman said it best. What if Lamont Peterson went to the UK and got points taken, we would be saying he got jobbed. The bottom line is pushing is one of the rules that can be bent. At the same time, once the ref warned him that much, and surely by the time he took a point, Amir should have adapted, and did something else, like thrown the JAB like I was screaming the. Whole fight...lol
    I wouldn't. Not if he deserved it, like Khan did.

If Peterson came to the UK and constantly pushed Khan and the ref warned him numerous times and even said 'Last Warning, stop pushing' then the ref would obviously have every right to take a point.

And, that would be completely the fault of Peterson.

He deserved to have atleast a point taken, regardless to where in the world it was.

Comment

Originally posted by mike ruler View Post
      The ref never did give him a hard warning. Bottom line the point deductions = bs. Good fight, do the rematch khan.
      This hard warning nonsense has gotten old .If you're warned several times you stop doing it .If you're stupid enough to keep doing it you deserve to have points deducted.

Khan has not handled this loss well and has stooped to blantant lies. I would not be surprised if this loss has damaged him mentally for future fights.
      Last edited by joseph5620; 12-15-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Khan is being so ridiculous. But not as bad as the posters who have become experts on what a hard warning is. Call me crazy but if a ref warns me for a FINAL time, that means he's going to escalate things if I continue the infraction. Khan and his minions need to stop worrying about the ref and start dwelling on a gameplan and fighting style that's going to burn this kid out quickly.
        I absolutely agree.

Saying he wasn't given a hard warning is just stupid.

I swear fans just make **** up as they go along when things don't suit them in fights. 'Time has to be called to give a hard warning'. Since when????

If the ref say's 'Last warning, stop pushing' that's exactly what it means- last warning.

That's genuinely a literally term. It means, if you do this one more time, I will take a point away.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I absolutely agree.

Saying he wasn't given a hard warning is just stupid.

I swear fans just make **** up as they go along when things don't suit them in fights. 'Time has to be called to give a hard warning'. Since when????

If the ref say's 'Last warning, stop pushing' that's exactly what it means- last warning.

That's genuinely a literally term. It means, if you do this one more time, I will take a point away.
          It's funny how Max Kellerman was the only to acknowledge that he heard the warnings while Merchant and Lampley played dumb as if they didn't hear them. And I know they did. Lampley is downright sickening with his bias.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Of course you can hear the damn ref when he yells in your ear and gives you warnings.

Floyd Mayweather heard Lampley talking about the NFL and got involved in the conversation in the middle of fighting Gatti, and theyre outside the ring ffs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaXww...e_gdata_player

He heard the warning, he just didnt have any other game plan for Lamonts pressuring.
            When you're boxing you can ALWAYS hear the ref because, although you are concentrating on the guy in front of you, you have an ear cocked for the ref because he is the boss, who tells you to stop, to break, to box on, to fight out of it, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

2:10

Amir needs to stop with this nonsense because he's seriously going to lose a lot of fans.

He's talking utter nonsense in this video.
              "stop holding his head down"..."stop pushing him"..must have heard that 20 times during the fight

Comment

Have you ever seen Foreman VS Frazier I? Foreman pushed Frazier dozens of times and he never got a warning or points taken away. WHatsup with that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  It doesn't matter, Khan won the fight even with the deductions.

I don't blame him for complaining, that's what you're supposed to do when there's an injustice, otherwise the crooks win and that's not how life works.
                  Khan's ribs got robbed..

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    Of course you can hear the damn ref when he yells in your ear and gives you warnings.

Floyd Mayweather heard Lampley talking about the NFL and got involved in the conversation in the middle of fighting Gatti, and theyre outside the ring ffs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaXww...e_gdata_player

He heard the warning, he just didnt have any other game plan for Lamonts pressuring.
                    I agree....he had to hear it and he had no remedy for that sick pressure Lamont was putting on him...it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Adultery View Post
                      Have you ever seen Foreman VS Frazier I? Foreman pushed Frazier dozens of times and he never got a warning or points taken away. WHatsup with that?
                      Well, that fight was a little shorter.

And had Foreman been given several warnings followed by a last warning and still continued to push I'd say he might have had a point taken.

Comment

Working...
                      X