Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's greater Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When my young lad or grandkids ask me in years to come who was better Roy or Hopkins it will be a quick answer - Roy Jones Jnr!!! Stop asking ****** questions!

Accomplishments and career wise its hard to call but Roy won handily when both were young and sharp plus u just have to look at Prime Roy and u know he was the better man at their respective bests.....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      When my young lad or grandkids ask me in years to come who was better Roy or Hopkins it will be a quick answer - Roy Jones Jnr!!! Stop asking ****** questions!

Accomplishments and career wise its hard to call but Roy won handily when both were young and sharp plus u just have to look at Prime Roy and u know he was the better man at their respective bests.....

This says it all /Thread

Comment

• All time, I have to say B-Hop. He dominated for a longer time and had the more impressive wins and resume.

Roy Jones was a great fighter of his time but he suffered from not really having any significant wins against top opponents other than B-hop and Toney but they were very young in there career and those fights where never rematched and I think that hurt his legacy.

Even though the poll is going the way it's going, I think most boxing historians would put B-hop above Jones in the all time ranking list because of what he's done after 35 yrs of age.

Roy Jones get's a lot of credit because he was so dominant but that ended when he lost his natural speed. He never had the boxing skill to fall back on the way Hopkins did.

Comment

• The steriod issue still holds substance. With that said i wish Roy would have done in his prime what he is doing today, fighting anywhere a fight is available to him.

But, he waits till he is past his prime to fight everybody in other countries (Calzaghe still had to come to USA to fight Roy!) . Roy was always afraid to leave Pensicola, USA, a shame. Still remember when Steve Collins went into the ring after a Roy fight to call him out to his face, Roy scared. Calzaghe called out both Hopkins and Roy many years before they fought. Michalnski wanted a piece of Roy, but now Roy would go over seas to fight him. Roy in his prime, fought a lot of fighters that he should not be fighting and didn't fight a handfull of fighters cause he didn't want to go over seas. A man with his talent not confident of his skills unbelivealbe.

Comment

• Prime for Prime Jones better, and never cried, faked injuries or rolled on the mat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
              All time, I have to say B-Hop. He dominated for a longer time and had the more impressive wins and resume.

Roy Jones was a great fighter of his time but he suffered from not really having any significant wins against top opponents other than B-hop and Toney but they were very young in there career and those fights where never rematched and I think that hurt his legacy.

Even though the poll is going the way it's going, I think most boxing historians would put B-hop above Jones in the all time ranking list because of what he's done after 35 yrs of age.

Roy Jones get's a lot of credit because he was so dominant but that ended when he lost his natural speed. He never had the boxing skill to fall back on the way Hopkins did.
              Toney wanted that Roy rematch badly. Roy wantede Toney to jump through fire to get the rematch, just a shame the rematch never happened. People talk about fighters being proctected Roy wanted no rematch. But even Hopkins didn't want the Trinidad rematch, even when they both would get loads of money for the rematchs.

Comment

• Originally posted by bose View Post
                Toney wanted that Roy rematch badly. Roy wantede Toney to jump through fire to get the rematch, just a shame the rematch never happened. People talk about fighters being proctected Roy wanted no rematch. But even Hopkins didn't want the Trinidad rematch, even when they both would get loads of money for the rematchs.
                Walk through the fire = Beat Montell Griffin.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Walk through the fire = Beat Montell Griffin.
                  Those fights were very close i thought Toney wont both.

Roy always had a false excuse for tougher competition.

Comment

Who wanted to see a Trinidad-Hopkins rematch ?

Comment

Those fights were very close i thought Toney wont both.

Roy always had a false excuse for tougher competition.
                      Jones fought the guy who beat Toney twice. No getting around that .

Comment

Working...
                      X