who's greater Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malius View Post
    I have posted this before.

Bernard career = camp fire. Long, mostly consistent with occasional flickers

RJJ career = Firework display very exciting but short
    Guy was fighter of an entire decade, technically unbeaten for 15 years... Wasnt that short bro..

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Guy was fighter of an entire decade, technically unbeaten for 15 years... Wasnt that short bro..
      If we comparing all boxers you are correct.

But I meant in relation to Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
        If we comparing all boxers you are correct.

But I meant in relation to Bernard
        Well Bernard as surpassed all as far as longevity

Comment

Calzaghe def. Jones UD 12
          Calzaghe def Hopkins SD 12

Comment

Man I don't know how the hell Jones is greater than Hopkins. Funny thing is I dislike Hopkins with a passion. Jones fought all pretty and moved nice but his opponents really weren't all that apart from Toney and a couple others. Hopkins beat up on midgets but at least they were better than someone like Griffin and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              Man I don't know how the hell Jones is greater than Hopkins. Funny thing is I dislike Hopkins with a passion. Jones fought all pretty and moved nice but his opponents really weren't all that apart from Toney and a couple others. Hopkins beat up on midgets but at least they were better than someone like Griffin and stuff.
              Griffin beat James Toney.... Twice.

He was a good fighter.

As were a lot of others Roy fought, people just like to repeat the ol' "cab driver" saying without referring to anyone specific.

Roy didnt fight more tomato cans than anyone else did... If you go back opponent for opponent, you will see all were ranked...

During his LHW stay he fought 7 of the top 10 ranked LHWs in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                Calzaghe def. Jones UD 12
                Calzaghe def Hopkins SD 12

lol Stop trolling. I do like Calzaghe though. Props to him for easing up on Jones later on in the fight because he really could have put it on him bad.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  Griffin beat James Toney.... Twice.

He was a good fighter.

As were a lot of others Roy fought, people just like to repeat the ol' "cab driver" saying without referring to anyone specific.

Roy didnt fight more tomato cans than anyone else did... If you go back opponent for opponent, you will see all were ranked...

During his LHW stay he fought 7 of the top 10 ranked LHWs in the division.
                  Man I'm not even going to say anything to you anymore because you get all and powertripping on me. Top it off you show a lot of favortism. Just being honest in what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    Man I'm not even going to say anything to you anymore because you get all and powertripping on me. Top it off you show a lot of favortism. Just being honest in what I see.
                    Ummm...... Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
                      Whos greater and why
                      This is a tough question to answer because you're pitting Hopkins's longevity against Jones's natural brilliance. At Middleweight and in his prime there isn't a single solitary human being that comes close to beating Roy Jones, he was just too quick and powerful, whereas Hopkins’s greatness is his consistent performances and his durability over the years.

But both men inhabit their own places in boxing’ pantheon of greats without crowding each other, there's room.

Comment

Working...
                      X