No announcement yet.

who's greater Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Who wanted to see a Trinidad-Hopkins rematch ?
    Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Jones fought the guy who beat Toney twice. No getting around that .
    Many people did at the time. Styles make fights you should know this. Plus why didnt Roy want another big payday vs. Toney? Roy wasn't sure he could beat him again. Montell was beaten before he even entered the ring, Roy had that Tyson effect on some fighters, but he knew he didn't have that with Toney. Roy is similar to Mayweather a lot of what ifs in his career.

Look the other way on the steriod accusations and Roy could have been an ATG, whats weird about Roy is just how fast and hard he feel from being such a great fighter. Many people point to the steriods others to the Ruiz fight.

Comment

• Roy took anabolic steroids. You can't buy that at GNC. But, at the same time boxing is a dirty sport, who knows how many fighters are taking PED's. There has been talks of Hopkins taking PED's for years now. And, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he has.

Now to the question, I give the slight edge to Roy...But, it's very very close.

Comment

• For anyone who voted hopkins...

Y'all musta forgot...

When he beat benard hopkins and won the IBF, he right was hurt...beat him with the left..

Comment

• Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
          Whos greater and why
          I am not a RJJ fan by any stretch. I saw B-Hop fight ODH and Trinidad live. I love BHop. But until he wins the HWT championship RJJ must be considered greater.

Yeah it was John Ruiz but I don't think people give RJJ enough credit for that win.

Comment

• Prime Roy Jones = Greek mythology character

Comment

• Originally posted by bose View Post
              Those fights were very close i thought Toney wont both.

Roy always had a false excuse for tougher competition.
              IDK what you're talking about but he fought the winner of Toney-Griffin. Not quite the "making Toney do everything for a rematch" that you said before.

Comment

• Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
                whos calzaghe?
                I think he's some clown who likes to powder his nose

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  Roy took anabolic steroids. You can't buy that at GNC. But, at the same time boxing is a dirty sport, who knows how many fighters are taking PED's. There has been talks of Hopkins taking PED's for years now. And, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he has.

Now to the question, I give the slight edge to Roy...But, it's very very close.
                  He tested positive for Andro, which WAS sold at GNC, and also was considered to be considered a steroid at the time by the IBF, which is why he got in trouble.

But you could walk into a mall and buy it. Not now, but then you could.

There are chemicals in Jack3d that are banned from boxing governing bodies, yet you can walk into the mall it right now.
                  Last edited by THE REED; 12-14-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    He tested positive for Andro, which WAS sold at GNC, and also was considered to be considered a steroid at the time by the IBF, which is why he got in trouble.

But you could walk into a mall and buy it. Not now, but then you could.

There are chemicals in Jack3d that are banned from boxing governing bodies, yet you can walk into the mall it right now.
                    They might be/are chemicals in Jack3d that are banned from boxing governing bodies. But, I doubt it has any anabolic steroids.

Roy made many excuses on why he tested positive. Fact is he tested positive for anabolic steroids, buy ripped fuel was an excuse.

It doesn't matter to me anyways. I don't hold that against him either. Like I said plenty of boxers are on something. Even many of Roy opponents.

None of that takes anything away from Roy accomplishments IMO.

Comment

• I'm glad so many people on here still remember how special prime Roy was. makes me proud to be a lifelong fan. Go Roy! P4P GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                      X