Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Carl Froch receive fair officiating in the USA fighting an American Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Smoger is reffing the fight so I expect nothing less than professional unbiased officiating - I think that's a given with Smoger. As to the judges, I don't know if Carl will get a fair shake - I like to think so...

Also, I would assume that the judges will be from neutral countries so it may not be, and hopefully isn't, an issue...

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
      americans are ruling.

kirkland vs angulo

peterson vs khan.

even in the ufc

bones vs machida

& now ward vs froch

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

sucks to be a crying eastern European...........
      Is Angulo eastern european? is Khan? wait is Machida? Is Froch?

Sucks to not know geography......smh

What are Americans ruling?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Steve Smoger is reffing the fight so I expect nothing less than professional unbiased officiating - I think that's a given with Smoger. As to the judges, I don't know if Carl will get a fair shake - I like to think so...

Also, I would assume that the judges will be from neutral countries so it may not be, and hopefully isn't, an issue...
        I'm hoping the judges are from neutral countries, and are competent & fair.

But sometimes judges from other countries favor the home fighter so they'll be given future work from the promoter or because they are paid off by the promoter (look at Paul Thomas's ridiculous scorecard in Dimitrenko-Chambers).

This event will be promoted by Dan Goossen. And Showtime obviusly want the American boxer Ward to win, even though his headbutt & hold style is not good for the popularity of the sport of boxing.
        Last edited by The Hammer; 12-15-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          I'm hoping the judges are from neutral countries, and are competent & fair.

But sometimes judges from other countries favor the home fighter so they'll be given future work from the promoter (look at Paul Thomas's ridiculous scorecard in Dimitrenko-Chambers).
          The judges are from America, England and Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Landers View Post
            The judges are from America, England and Canada
            Thanks. ........

Hopefully the Canadian judge will be fair so Froch can win a split decision - but a lot of people here in Canada (especially Quebec) really hate the English so that's a concern.

Comment

Thanks. ........

Hopefully the Canadian judge will be fair so Froch can win a split decision - but a lot of people here in Canada (especially Quebec) really hate the English so that's a concern.
              wait are you saying that the judge from england is going to give the fight to froch?

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                wait are you saying that the judge from england is going to give the fight to froch?
                No. Read my post again, you seem a little bit slow to understand.

I said the judge from the UK will be fair.

I'm concerned the judges may be affected by the American crowd rooting for Andre Ward and cheering loudly for him every time he lands a headbutt.

It's always an advantage to fight in your home country.

Comment

Thanks. ........

Sorry, but no way is Froch winning any kind of decision. As much as I'd like to see it he isn't going to win at all.

Comment

Two of the three judges, Metcalfe and Keane, have no history of shady decisions (in the worst robbery of 2010, Aydin vs. Jo Jo Dan, Keane had the one correct score in the SD).

But the American judge John Stewart has in the past had scorecards that are questionable.

Two honest judges and a referee who stops Ward from fouling are all Froch needs to win.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 12-16-2011, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Two of the three judges, Metcalfe and Keane, have no history of shady decisions (in the worst robbery of 2010, Aydin vs. Jo Jo Dan, Keane had the one correct score in the SD).

But the American judge John Stewart hasin the past had scorecards that are questionable.

Two honest judges and a referee who stops Ward from fouling are all Froch needs to win.
                      You sure are getting your excuses ready aren't you? If Ward wins 10 rounds out of 12 you'll still say Froch was robbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X