Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Carl Froch receive fair officiating in the USA fighting an American Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the problem? America is the epicenter of boxing, it's where the money is made and all boxers flock to for recognition.

I see this whining about whether Froch can get a fair shake or not and I just laugh. You guys do realize that in Wards last fight the ref was Peurto Rican, there was an American judge, a German judge and a South African judge, right? Lol, you make it sound like he's shipping in his own people from Oakland to judge the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      What is the problem? America is the epicenter of boxing, it's where the money is made and all boxers flock to for recognition.

I see this whining about whether Froch can get a fair shake or not and I just laugh. You guys do realize that in Wards last fight the ref was Peurto Rican, there was an American judge, a German judge and a South African judge, right? Lol, you make it sound like he's shipping in his own people from Oakland to judge the fight.

yes, but the judges and ref are still being paid by the house promotor, and if they want to get hired again to do big profile fights, they will do what they gotta do to keep him happy without doing anything "illegal" . . im not saying they are paid off, or anything like that, but what i am saying is that they know without being told how things work. . .

don't you think it's a little more than a coincidence that whoever the hometown fighter, or the "bigger seller" just always gets "the close rounds", or the other guy gets "the points deducted"?

however, in a fight like this where you essentially have two A fighters, and two pretty hooked up promotors, we might not have a problem.

Comment

It was a robbery! Oh wait, I have to wait until the fight is over to say that don't I?

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
          It was a robbery! Oh wait, I have to wait until the fight is over to say that don't I?
          Nah. It may be a "Oakland" type SOG beatdown. But for real now, this will be one sided. 10-2 or 9-3 Ward.

Comment

Looks like Steve Smoger will be the ref.

This is good news, since although he's an American, he's always been fair in the past, at least from what I've seen.

I was worried we might have the shady Jack Reiss again (the ref for the Ward-Kessler fight) or some other crooked referee like Lawrence Cole or Joe Cortez.

So now hopefully the judges will be wisely chosen as well.

Comment

He's going to receive a fair beating for running his mouth so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius Liston View Post
                I love all boxing styles and great American fighters and even the ones that some would say are boring like Hopkins but Ward is not good for boxing...He's nothing special,the only fight I enjoyed with him was the Abraham fight because Abraham was far too strong for him to clinch.,I have nothing against him if he doesn't spoil(Hopkins is an old man,he has a reason to spoil) No young up and coming fighter will be remembered great fighting the way ward does.. he's just someone that exploits referees and other technical things .. can you imagine him in 10 years time
                I couldn't have said it better myself. He found a judge influencing style (even when the round is close or he should actually lose the round from excessive clinching/headbutting) and is running it into the ground. He'll never go to 175 nor will he fight Bute in Canada (can't cheat up there). My stomach hurts watching this dude fight simply because his style (add Floyd, Dirrell, Berto and Broner) is how the world sees black U.S. boxers nowadays - as a bunch of holding, elbowing, head-butting, scared to brawl fakers. No wonder white people aren't afraid of us anymore lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius Liston View Post
                  I love all boxing styles and great American fighters and even the ones that some would say are boring like Hopkins but Ward is not good for boxing...He's nothing special,the only fight I enjoyed with him was the Abraham fight because Abraham was far too strong for him to clinch.,I have nothing against him if he doesn't spoil(Hopkins is an old man,he has a reason to spoil) No young up and coming fighter will be remembered great fighting the way ward does.. he's just someone that exploits referees and other technical things .. can you imagine him in 10 years time
                  Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                  I couldn't have said it better myself. He found a judge influencing style (even when the round is close or he should actually lose the round from excessive clinching/headbutting) and is running it into the ground. He'll never go to 175 nor will he fight Bute in Canada (can't cheat up there). My stomach hurts watching this dude fight simply because his style (add Floyd, Dirrell, Berto and Broner) is how the world sees black U.S. boxers nowadays - as a bunch of holding, elbowing, head-butting, scared to brawl fakers. No wonder white people aren't afraid of us anymore lol.
                  Good to see honest posts like these. ..

Comment

Let Tunney tell it, and that is JUST what's happening.

Comment

i think the ref should meet with the officiating body on tape prior to the match to go over the rules that each body agrees with and they should show that. prior to each fighter before going into training camp. the ref should be held accountable for his action and should be judges as well. just like good refs in football . The best ones climb to the top the others fu.ck off!

Comment

Working...
                      X